Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it’s applied with sticky tape can you take it off without ruining anything? Because that keypad looks like dogshit
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wail , how will I get in if I loose my keys but the doors are off.................................

;)

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have to have the keypad but holy fuck that one sucks.
I'm gonna have to take extra good care of my keys. I can't take that big thing stuck on the car.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it’s applied with sticky tape can you take it off without ruining anything? Because that keypad looks like dogshit
Agree. Kinda looks like it belongs on the base though lol.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Often wonder about that, why a unique run of glass for one model just out of spite. Doubt it saves any substantial Ford money, I guess they make it back by pushing folks to Bend.
Back at the reveal, I was all in on Badlands. Then I fell back to Black Diamond. As I continued to read/discuss option on the forum, I was lured by the idea of the Base and modifying as I see fit. Such an attractive price for a fully capable rig, but one of the deal-breakers was the privacy glass. As you know living here in Florida, the sun seems to have a personal vendetta on us humans. The privacy glass at least allows for a cooler interior (better yet with a white top). Now, I'm back at the Big Bend for the privacy glass as a minimum.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Back at the reveal, I was all in on Badlands. Then I fell back to Black Diamond. As I continued to read/discuss option on the forum, I was lured by the idea of the Base and modifying as I see fit. Such an attractive price for a fully capable rig, but one of the deal-breakers was the privacy glass. As you know living here in Florida, the sun seems to have a personal vendetta on us humans. The privacy glass at least allows for a cooler interior (better yet with a white top). Now, I'm back at the Big Bend for the privacy glass as a minimum.
My tint guy charges $30 a window. So $210 to get a 4 door Base tinted to just south of legal.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the one I have on my Fusion right now. It's nice and completely hidden unless you know it's there and touch it to activate the keys. You can even use the Sync screen inside to update the code (vs looking up how to reprogram the old pads in the manual).

But I'm not holding out hope for this version on the Bronco. Without the frames around the glass I just doubt it is possible. Someone who posted about moving the one on their truck to inside the gas door is pretty clever though.

That said I have only used it ONCE in the 3 years I've had the car.

Wait... this thing is wireless? Why would you need it if you have the FordPass Connect?

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...connected-car/download-fordpass-connect.html#

No Keypad for me. I'll use the App. (Apple Smart Watch)
I have used this more often (on my phone and watch). However the above single time I used the keypad was because I parked my car in a remote area with questionable cell service. If you are out in the wilderness with your Bronco don't count on FordPass to work. And remember: even if you can get limited service on your phone doesn't mean the car can connect too. You have to rely on two cell connections to be functioning! This is something Apple CarKey could fix because it only uses NFC... but no support from Ford for it yet.

You don't surf or go to nude beaches, do you?
Where was I with no cell service and no place to store my keys? ;)

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came here for the OJ White Bronco, leaving because 6 pages of keypad whining. Don't like it? Don't get it.

Sponsored

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if this does come with the base is it removable/can be removed without damaging the door?

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the suggestion. I just came back from YouTube showing comparisons using heat lamp and UV sensor. The difference was dramatic. What was interesting is that there is a clear ceramic film for the front windshield that has the same properties of blocking UV light and heat.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the same feelings about the privacy glass. For the price we are all paying for the Bronco, I want the tint imbedding into the glass. I am not 16 years old anymore adding aftermarket tint to a 10 year old vehicle. I cannot be that cheap.

Ford marketing/bean counters got it right. They forced me up a least one trim level over tint. Know I might even climb the trim ladder higher.
Sponsored