Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was just wondering if anyone has experienced or noticed any quality concerns yet with the paint. Was giving the car a thorough clean today for the first time and noticed what looks like a bunch of tiny bubbles through the clear coat on my door sills, especially on the passenger front.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks šŸ‘
Ford Bronco Paint Issues 9741ACC3-579C-46F5-860D-510E1E15705C
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't imagine a situation where that's good. I do a lot of painting with automotive paints in my wood shop. If I saw that, I'd be busting out the sander and refinishing the project. No, that's not my recommendation here.

That looks like a future paint peel in the making.

These auto guys would know better though so I stand to be corrected.

OP
OP
Bran57

Bran57

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly thatā€™s my concern as well. If it was any other area the thought of them having to repaint wouldnā€™t scare me as much but being a non-removable body part Iā€™m wondering what Iā€™m going to get myself into if this need to be repainted at all. This door is the worst but Iā€™ve definitely noticed it in other spots.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

oof! Thatā€™sā€¦ not great. Following

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd definitely take it to the dealer and bring it to their attention.
semi related historical note, I remember my dad's 87 bronco had a paint "recall" where they tested the paint by putting various strips of tape and pulling off. They ended up repainting the bronco for free which was cool.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was just wondering if anyone has experienced or noticed any quality concerns yet with the paint. Was giving the car a thorough clean today for the first time and noticed what looks like a bunch of tiny bubbles through the clear coat on my door sills, especially on the passenger front.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks šŸ‘
Ford Bronco Paint Issues 9741ACC3-579C-46F5-860D-510E1E15705C
Looks like or something got into it when they painted it I would take it straight to the dealer and have it documented maybe they will repaint that peice

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would take it back to the dealers and have them repair it. Itā€™s hard to tell exactly what the paint issue is from that photo(it could be in the primer, base coat, or clear) which will entail sanding it down and repainting. A good body shop will be able to blend into the adjacent panel(s). . Most Ford dealers donā€™t have a body shop but they will have a body shop that they contract with.

Factory paint issues are unfortunately common. They are always some paint issues with every new car Iā€™ve picked up although I have a trained eye for such defects after a sales career with 3Mā€™s Automotive Aftermarket Division calling on body shops.

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have some similar issues on my paint and intend on having the dealer correct it under warranty. A few small bubbles on various panels, if Iā€™m being pretty picky (which I guess I am). In addition, the bottom of the doors appear to have some paint drips and I have a ā€œglobā€ of extra material on the passenger side a-pillar.

I posted this picture in the QC thread, but figure it applies here as well.

18005C92-0704-4520-9DC2-D3E693BCB529.jpeg

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's hard to really tell from the picture, but it looks like contaminants (dirt, dust, lint, ect) settled on the body while the primer was being applied or when it was being painted.

It could also be little 'clumps' of pigment or metallic that didn't separate when it was being agitated/mixed prior to the robot arms spraying it.

I would take it to the dealer and have it documented. If you're concerned or curious as to whether it is actually a bubble, you can to a quick test to see.

Take a toothpick and break off the pointy tip to make it some-what blunt and gently press on the outer edges of a few of them and see if it makes a dent/indent. If it does, then it's most likely an air or out-gas bubble. If no indent/dent, then it's a solid contaminant.

Don't use anything sharp or metal to press on them.
You don't have to do the test, but I'm sure it's similar to what someone from the paint shop would do. It's what I did on the smaller stuff like this to test.

Sponsored

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have some similar issues on my paint and intend on having the dealer correct it under warranty. A few small bubbles on various panels, if Iā€™m being pretty picky (which I guess I am). In addition, the bottom of the doors appear to have some paint drips and I have a ā€œglobā€ of extra material on the passenger side a-pillar.

Ford Bronco Paint Issues 18005C92-0704-4520-9DC2-D3E693BCB529
WHAT THE ACTUAL F?! That is one of the poorest representations of paint QC I have seen yet. How big is that glob?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
WHAT THE ACTUAL F?! That is one of the poorest representations of paint QC I have seen yet. How big is that glob?
Not acceptable. If thatā€™s representative of what an average Bronco will look like at delivery mine will be going strait to a reputable body shop for paint repairs.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I think they were painting them in open air on dirt mountain.

I don't have paint like that but yeah, the paint, body work on mine has other issues. The seam sealer on all the body seams isn't the usual super hard stuff. I can crumble it with my fingers like clay that is only half dried. Like they didnt mix it right.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Paint Issues 18005C92-0704-4520-9DC2-D3E693BCB529

Wow!! How that made it through QC boggles the mind. I'd be pissed.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. I think they were painting them in open air on dirt mountain.

I don't have paint like that but yeah, the paint, body work on mine has other issues. The seam sealer on all the body seams isn't the usual super hard stuff. I can crumble it with my fingers like clay that is only half dried. Like they didnt mix it right.
Pictures? As someone who spent the last 21 years of my career with 3M calling on the collision market /body shops, all these paint and seam sealer issues will mean Iā€™ll be able to use up some of my samples fixing what Ford didnā€™t get right at the factory, lol.
Sponsored