BroncoDelays

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 2.3, Hardtop, High Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After a 27 month wait I finally received my very first new car, a Race Red Badlands and it is everything I had hoped for, but I noticed the hood has been constantly a bit dirty. Regardless of how I cleaned it the rough texture is there and it looks like it has small specks of dirt on it. After weeks of ignoring it I looked with a magnifying glass and it appears to be “stuff” in the paint, almost like the paint wasn’t dry yet and it was parked in a dusty lot.

After thinking about this I remembered my dealer being pretty pushy about clay baring the car as a customary dealer add on that was nearly non-negotiable. I argued that I shouldn’t have to have the finish worked in with a brand new car and refused the $795 charge to do so.

So today I began to clay bar the hood and was shocked to see just how much stuff is actually embedded in the paint.
Has anyone else encountered paint or finish issues? If so is this typical of Ford and would the dealer cover this as a warranty item?
Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's typical of all new cars, especially those that travel by rail...or sat in a lot in an industrial area like so many Broncos have.

I would have used an iron remover before the clay bar.

Many pro detailers offer a "new car prep" service that focuses on decontamination and correcting factory or dealer installed blemishes.

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A poorly done repaint due to transportation damage?

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
mine is race red and sat for 7 months on dirt mountain with no protective film on the hood so that paint has plenty of spotting/stains in it but i have clay barred and waxed it and one day maybe i'll get even a bit more aggressive with it but now i just wash it and spray wax it typically
Sponsored