Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pictures? As someone who spent the last 21 years of my career with 3M calling on the collision market /body shops, all these paint and seam sealer issues will mean I’ll be able to use up some of my samples fixing what Ford didn’t get right at the factory, lol.
My experience with seam sealer is its tough as nails. REALLY tough. This stuff you could crumble off with a soft bristle tooth brush. What is odd is there is this odd brown mud like substance in-between.

I took the liberty to crumble a bunch of it off because it was just so fun.

Ford Bronco Paint Issues IMG_0965
Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My experience with seam sealer is its tough as nails. REALLY tough. This stuff you could crumble off with a soft bristle tooth brush. What is odd is there is this odd brown mud like substance in-between.

There are a bunch of different types of seam sealers and I sold about 20 different ones to the body shops before I retired from 3M. The picture obviously shows a defective one but it should be straightforward to repair. It sucks that Ford is having so many paint/body issues to go along with all the delays.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a bunch of different types of seam sealers and I sold about 20 different ones to the body shops before I retired from 3M. The picture obviously shows a defective one but it should be straightforward to repair. It sucks that Ford is having so many paint/body issues to go along with all the delays.
Yeah. Oh well. Ill probably just gob some sealer on it from the paint and body store and spray it with some rattle can Area51. Or on second though. I will probably do nothing to it.

What was that movie back in the 1980s where the kid goes through hell and high water to buy some fancy car (I think they used a Countach as the car) and when he finally got the car, it was a total piece of junk?

Thats how the bronco experience is.

Not really but its a fun comparison.

As for the OPs, paint... Is that just in one area or is the entire truck like that?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
fixing what Ford didn’t get right at the factory
This is a bigger issue than paint.

Successful companies OWN their niche in the market...whether its low price, innovation, luxury, etc.

Ford is rapidly becoming a man without a country...as they are only 'average' or below average in almost every criteria. I believe their run as a 'top 3' will end with electric vehicles.

OP
OP
Bran57

Bran57

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah. Oh well. Ill probably just gob some sealer on it from the paint and body store and spray it with some rattle can Area51. Or on second though. I will probably do nothing to it.

What was that movie back in the 1980s where the kid goes through hell and high water to buy some fancy car (I think they used a Countach as the car) and when he finally got the car, it was a total piece of junk?

Thats how the bronco experience is.

Not really but its a fun comparison.

As for the OPs, paint... Is that just in one area or is the entire truck like that?
Most of the bulk issues are contained to that door thankfully. There are other door sills with 1-2 bubbles but that passenger door is definitely the worst. Outside of the paint correction that already needs to be done to it with all of the clear coat scratches it came with 😂

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is rapidly becoming a man without a country...as they are only 'average' or below average in almost every criteria. I believe their run as a 'top 3' will end with electric vehicles.
Personally I couldn't care less what happens once EVs are mandatory, they won't be vehicles at that point, they'll be appliances and I'll stop caring.

When's the last time you frequented a whirlpool forum to discuss QC issues?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When's the last time you frequented a whirlpool forum
I think LG is a lot like Ford...they make lottsa stuff, but do few really well

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was just wondering if anyone has experienced or noticed any quality concerns yet with the paint. Was giving the car a thorough clean today for the first time and noticed what looks like a bunch of tiny bubbles through the clear coat on my door sills, especially on the passenger front.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks 👍
almost look like "fisheyes" which is defiantly a poor paint job...dealership should address it and take care of it....

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@broadicustomworks might be able to help out here.
Thanks!

Definitely trash in the paint, high probability also that that looks to be a rework area, sprayed after the fact by hand. The paint has a higher level of dye-back look vs. the rest of the finish on these I've seen, which points to a quick respray, forced to dry fast with an accelerator mixed in.

Those look to be decent-sized chunks under the base and clear, potentially all the way down.
One thing that can be done is to nib them off, but if they go as deep as I think they do, you will expose primer and/or metal.
Definitely get the dealer to rework it.
Check their blend lines also when you get it back, make sure it isn't rough to the touch and "burned in" effectively.

Those areas are probably classified as a "B" surface, meaning the amount of gloss, coverage, and trash/defects allowed are higher, but even at that, that is too much trash for even a "B" grade. If it were under the rocker panel or beneath the sight line of a bumper it would be more understandable. To be a highly-visible surface, it shouldn't have near that.

Regardless of the how and why, it's definitely something that shouldn't be there and unacceptable as a customer of a brand new vehicle.

Last edited:

bma1972

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2020 4 Door Rubican
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And I am now 4 weeks into having my Bronco and I'm finding issues in paint that weren't there on delivery. In getting bubbles under my paint on edges of hood. I was having ppf put on today and when they were getting ready to paint correct the noticed the bubbles. I came to look at and they were bad. I hand polished it the weekend I received it and didn't notice them at all. And they are in a few places.
Sponsored