Sponsored

Paint Protection, Paint Protection Film (PPF) accessories. Worth it?

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am torn- it's really expensive, $3k or more for a full wrap... but I want the paint to look good for a long time.

Tesla owners do it because the paint sucks on their cars.

A painless dent removal and touch ever 3-5 years is probably cheaper than wrap ever 4-5 years

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We've only ever purchased 2 brand new cars before, and I've done it to both of them. Granted they were not offroad vehicles, but I truly believe it is worth it to protect brand new paint.

We didnt cover the whole car, just the most prone areas - hood, mirrors, door handles, cups and edges, trunk lid, etc.... One rock chip on the highway makes it worth it imho.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be trailering my mustang from the dealer to the body shop for PPF and CC. The bronco I'll drive it to the shop.

Deleted member 3063

Actually depends on where you drive doesn't it? There are gravel roads around here and if I frequented them, then yes.
I'll only be "needing" the Bronco to get in and out of camp year round so I'll pass.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Imma keep it real my bronco is probably gonna end up rhino lined somewhere around 2040 or so. I think the factory paint will hold up well enough until then

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever seen an old car with paint protection film? Even the best film from the best installers can bubble and discolor over time. Sometimes when it gets old looking and you go to remove it, it takes the paint with it (even when done by a professional). While i want it now, i fear i'll regret it down the road.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the PPF and CC on my Shelby. I’m a fan.

Ford Bronco Paint Protection, Paint Protection Film (PPF) accessories. Worth it? DA9C670E-1816-44E5-B7F4-284640541ECD
man, that car is hideous. you should drop it off in baton rouge. I can give you a good address.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I did the PPF and CC on my Shelby. I’m a fan.

DA9C670E-1816-44E5-B7F4-284640541ECD.jpeg
Beautiful. Such an amazingly fun car to drive. When I get my bronco it will at least get ceramic but some of the films they have now are pretty amazing

Sponsored

XPEL

First Edition
First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all,

Like you, we are incredibly excited about the new Bronco launch on Monday! As the F-Series is one of the most popular models we protect globally, we're surely going to be protecting a ton of Broncos. When it comes to paint protection, you've got a couple of options. But it's very important to know from the beginning, what your goals are.
  1. Protect your paint from rock chips and scratches. The only way to truly protect from chips and scratches is to have a physical paint protection film installed. PPF is available in the standard 8mil thickness on up to 10mil thickness. The most common areas to protect are the high impact areas. This will vary based on the vehicle and how you use it, but generally, it's the full front end and the rocker panels. If you plan to off-road often, you may want to consider wrapping the entire vehicle to help prevent those tree branch pinstripes. Plus, it makes your entire Bronco easier to clean.
  2. Protection from bug guts and bird droppings. And/Or want enhanced appearance and increased ease of maintenance. For this goal, your go-to is ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings will enhance the depth, gloss, and shine of your finish while adding hydrophobic properties making water bead and sheet off. Ceramic coatings also make cleaning your vehicle monumentally easier.
What we have been seeing lately is that people will opt-in for Paint Protection Film on the high impact areas and then have ceramic coating applied on top of the PPF and to the rest of the vehicle.

We hope this info helps. Let us know if we can answer any questions or provide any guidance.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all,

Like you, we are incredibly excited about the new Bronco launch on Monday! As the F-Series is one of the most popular models we protect globally, we're surely going to be protecting a ton of Broncos. When it comes to paint protection, you've got a couple of options. But it's very important to know from the beginning, what your goals are.
  1. Protect your paint from rock chips and scratches. The only way to truly protect from chips and scratches is to have a physical paint protection film installed. PPF is available in the standard 8mil thickness on up to 10mil thickness. The most common areas to protect are the high impact areas. This will vary based on the vehicle and how you use it, but generally, it's the full front end and the rocker panels. If you plan to off-road often, you may want to consider wrapping the entire vehicle to help prevent those tree branch pinstripes. Plus, it makes your entire Bronco easier to clean.
  2. Protection from bug guts and bird droppings. And/Or want enhanced appearance and increased ease of maintenance. For this goal, your go-to is ceramic coating. Ceramic coatings will enhance the depth, gloss, and shine of your finish while adding hydrophobic properties making water bead and sheet off. Ceramic coatings also make cleaning your vehicle monumentally easier.
What we have been seeing lately is that people will opt-in for Paint Protection Film on the high impact areas and then have ceramic coating applied on top of the PPF and to the rest of the vehicle.

We hope this info helps. Let us know if we can answer any questions or provide any guidance.
Can you compare XPEL to Stek Dynoshield? Does XPEL have a windshield film?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will strongly consider it. My Mazda6 only has 20K miles on it but the hood looks like it has been through a warzone. My previous car had almost 100K on it and maybe had 3 or 4 rock chips

XPEL

First Edition
First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can you compare XPEL to Stek Dynoshield? Does XPEL have a windshield film?
chtucker,

While we can't speak to Dynoshield, what we can say is that XPEL had the very first self-healing and non-yellowing film on the market back in 2011. Since then, we have increased the gloss, clarity, durability, and stain resistance of our PPF. On top of that, we offer the greatest amount and most accurate pre-cut patterns. Pre-cut patterns are important as it means less blade time on your paint and more efficient installation.

As far as a windshield film goes, we do not offer a windshield protection film for the exterior. We do offer a ceramic window tint film for the inside of the windshield that blocks up to 98% infrared heat and over 99% harmful UVA and UVB rays.

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We've only ever purchased 2 brand new cars before, and I've done it to both of them. Granted they were not offroad vehicles, but I truly believe it is worth it to protect brand new paint.

We didnt cover the whole car, just the most prone areas - hood, mirrors, door handles, cups and edges, trunk lid, etc.... One rock chip on the highway makes it worth it imho.
Did you have the same type included in the b&p? Forgive me if an ignorant question I’ve never had a paint protection film.
Sponsored