Sponsored

Paint Protection, Paint Protection Film (PPF) accessories. Worth it?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you need to wax PPF? I’ve never had it. Also, what is the typical price range of it?
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to do some off-road trails so I do want the ppf, to minimize the trail pinstriping. There's enough flat modular panels on the Bronco so I'm gonna give the DIY 3M ppf a try. Worst case is I'll just pull it off and go another route.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you get the sasquatch package it won't let you do the wrap and it doesn't seem to be a glitch. Also the wrap is. It the whole car.
Ford Bronco Paint Protection, Paint Protection Film (PPF) accessories. Worth it? C2476B60-6253-4690-A436-4BC5CF9D7A4F

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the same thing. Its a Bronco not a supercar or hypercar.
Yeah. I guess you haven't ever followed a "sand" truck dumping pea gravel like they do here on highways in Colorado. Don't get me wrong, I'll take that and mag chloride over salt any day. But IMO where we live protecting the front facing surfaces is a requirement unless you want your car looking like it's been hit with buckshot. I just wish there was more we could do for the windshield but for decades have used on a low/no comprehensive deductible and replace it ever couple of years after it gets cracked/starred or the pitting gets too bad.

Last edited:

XPEL

First Edition
First Name
XPEL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you need to wax PPF? I’ve never had it. Also, what is the typical price range of it?
You do not need to wax PPF. PPF is engineered to make your life easier when it comes to maintenance. That said, you CAN wax or ceramic coat PPF. If you don't wash your vehicle often or just want to make it even easier to clean, then a ceramic coating is a good way to go. Especially with a vehicle like a Bronco that may or may not be getting dirty. The PPF will provide physical protection, and the ceramic coating will enhance the shine and depth of color while adding extreme ease of maintenance and hydrophobic properties.

For the price range, this will vary based on the labor rates of the area you're in, the experience of the installer, and the amount of protection you have applied. Generally though, on a vehicle like a Bronco (off-road-focused) people will choose from 1 of 2 packages.

- Package 1: High Impact Areas. These are typically going to be the full front end so the front bumper (whatever is painted), the grille, the hood, front fenders, side mirrors (if painted) and the headlights. Plus the rocker panels to add protection from rocks thrown up along the sides/bottom of the Bronco. This will range $1,895 - $2,495. Again, think about 2 door vs 4 door, think about paint versus non painted panels. There are a lot of variables on the Bronco.

- Package 2: Full vehicle wrap. This would include every painted surface and potentially interior surfaces like the touch screen. This will probably range $5,500 - $9,500 +. Again, think 2 door vs 4 door, think about painted panels vs plastic, and labor rates. San Fran Bay Area is typically more expensive than less populated/less expensive cities.

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you have the same type included in the b&p? Forgive me if an ignorant question I’ve never had a paint protection film.
No idea; we had a 3M product installed. I'm not sure what's included in the build & price. We had it done by the same company the (VW) dealership uses - they even did the work at the dealership!

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
man, that car is hideous. you should drop it off in baton rouge. I can give you a good address.
let's have him leave it at George's on Highland, whoever gets there first wins

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
let's have him leave it at George's on Highland, whoever gets there first wins
I think to prevent a fight, he should park it at the state trooper station troop A on highland

Sponsored

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy