First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why not simply wait, and order colored OBX handles from the dealer for whatever model you buy?
That's if they come painted, which they may not. Mom's Limited F150 had to have its door handles replaced due to bubbling chrome. Couldn't order them already painted. Only came in "paintable".... chrome handle with unpainted but paintable surrounds.

Took the body shop 2 or 3 tries to get them right...
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's if they come painted, which they may not. Mom's Limited F150 had to have its door handles replaced due to bubbling chrome. Couldn't order them already painted. Only came in "paintable".... chrome handle with unpainted but paintable surrounds.

Took the body shop 2 or 3 tries to get them right...
They are supposed to come painted on the OBX, so pretty sure they will be there ready to paint even if they aren't painted. And painting door handles isn't costing anywhere near the OP estimates. And 'chrome' isn't paint so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can't buy colored parts, for any vehicle. There may be an exception or 2.
If the OBX comes with colored door handles, as it says it will, then you absolutely will be able to order those from the dealer down the road. Same as with any part on any car.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the OBX comes with colored door handles, as it says it will, then you absolutely will be able to order those from the dealer down the road. Same as with any part on any car.
They will be primed not color matched is what the previous poster meant.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you all think about Plasti Dipping the handles? I’ve seen that stuff used on pretty much everything so not sure if it would work on handles or not but may be a cheap way to see once we get our Broncos. Worst case you are out $30 and have to peel off the paint.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny because I'm the opposite. Would prefer the badlands unpainted handles. Breaks up all the paint color on the body of the vehicle.
Same here, I like the black handles better, more rugged looking. But, on AMB color match would be ok.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will be primed not color matched is what the previous poster meant.
I don't think so, but time will tell, all parts I've ever ordered through various Ford dealers have come painted in a particular body color. Bought door handle for my Tuxedo Black F150 from the dealer, already painted, have done similar orders on my F350. I've never been told 'we only have that primed'.

Reactions: Jak

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$1000 for painted handles and mirror caps? I’d pay Ford $1000 if they would remove that ugly ass idea from the OBX.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can't buy parts that are already painted, they will be sold as paintable.
I can verify that Isuzu, Honda, and Mazda will sell you painted trim pieces. Unpainted is cheaper, but painted was an option.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forget that. Not interested in replacing door handles, but if I were, I'd 3d print textured handles that paint will stick to. Somebody will have a 3d cad model eventually.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this really warrant so much attention. Who gives a crap if the door handles are painted or not? Not even the first order for a new BRONCO has been filled and you are stressing about a door handle. WOW I wish my problems where that small!
Ford Bronco Painted door handles are going to cost a fortune to paint bc91226c38f48b0273a7c6f1f9ad56f5_high-quality-office-jim-blank-the-office-memes-jim_620-348 (2)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
50 years in the body shop business, my family has never been able to buy a painted part. Maybe times are a changing. Excluding from junk yards that is.
I bought mine online. They came from the manufacture in their OEM packaging. Junk yards are the best! I got my convertible top from one.
Sponsored