First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
has anyone know if the painted roofs are being discontinued permanently?i heard this today from my dealer. thanks
Sponsored

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

has anyone know if the painted roofs are being discontinued permanently?i heard this today from my dealer. thanks
Is this your dealer?
Ford Bronco Painted tops discontinued? 1635815168317

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the MIC 1.0 that was not destroyed and several early MIC 2.0 will likely become MIC 1.2.6 and 2.1.4 with the paint modification. I’m actually Looking forward to it. I’d take a cast off MIC too but I think I’m still missing the Bronco piece.

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the MIC 1.0 that was not destroyed and several early MIC 2.0 will likely become MIC 1.2.6 and 2.1.4 with the paint modification. I’m actually Looking forward to it. I’d take a cast off MIC too but I think I’m still missing the Bronco piece.
The painted hard top was never just a painted MIC. Windows are removable and the top panels are different. They are also metal.

OP
OP

Louis

Wildtrak
First Name
lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda accord exl v6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The painted hard top was never just a painted MIC. Windows are removable and the top panels are different.
Salesman said I could get a mic late next year on a 2 door Wildtrak. I reserved last October.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The painted hard top was never just a painted MIC. Windows are removable and the top panels are different.
I know, it was a joke. It will get the dealer 2.1.6 bodywork upgrade to salvage. You can’t mold in color after the top leaves the mold. No one has really Confirmed if it’s gel coat or some other composite. Thats the boat owner in me coming out. Formula makes some great painted fiberglass boats and should be consulted in proper prep and materials.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know, it was a joke. It will get the dealer 2.1.6 bodywork upgrade to salvage. You can’t mold in color after the top leaves the mold. No one has really Confirmed if it’s gel coat or some other composite. Thats the boat owner in me coming out. Formula makes some great painted fiberglass boats and should be consulted in proper prep and materials.
Just an FYI, the modular painted roof was confirmed to be a metal roof design. Completely separate product line from the current hard top.

Edit: Since people are still quoting this, I was wrong about it being metal. There’s several articles out there from sites who were also mixed up. I got my misinformation from sources that were misinformed.
Sponsored

Last edited: