First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guys—I’m livid. I take pretty impeccable care of my obx sas 4 door bronco. I’ve never taken the doors off, yet today I discovered a nasty rubbing issue between the passenger rear and front doors. See pictures for details.

This is somehow a new issue as I would have noticed this during washing and detailing. Door hinges and screws are all tight. Never had an impact on that side. I literally baby this vehicle. I now have an issue that obviously will need paint work done and I have zero clue how to fix it. Any optimism here for a dealer to cover the paintwork?

Gaps are all uniform the whole way down. And it only happens when the front passenger door is closed (obviously) and the rear door is opened.

IMG_6421.jpeg

IMG_6424.jpeg

IMG_6422.jpeg
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Guys—I’m livid. I take pretty impeccable care of my obx sas 4 door bronco. I’ve never taken the doors off, yet today I discovered a nasty rubbing issue between the passenger rear and front doors. See pictures for details.

This is somehow a new issue as I would have noticed this during washing and detailing. Door hinges and screws are all tight. Never had an impact on that side. I literally baby this vehicle. I now have an issue that obviously will need paint work done and I have zero clue how to fix it. Any optimism here for a dealer to cover the paintwork?

Gaps are all uniform the whole way down. And it only happens when the front passenger door is closed (obviously) and the rear door is opened.

Ford Bronco Passenger front/rear door rub. IMG_6422

Hi there, Josh. This door rub concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While you may have never taken your doors off, check to see if the removable door pins are backing out....I have heard of this before.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Absolutely not normal….take it to the dealer. I’ve taken my doors off/on several times and don’t have this issue.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you absolutely sure that the rear door when opening is rubbing the front door? It looks as if the tapping is correct and I don't see how it would rub. And how that small area is spaced with paint remaining in between the scuff. It looks to me as if someone when to get in the front seat and scuffed the edge of the rear door. Is there a matching scuff on the that same area of the front door? Just my observation.

Sponsored

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi there, Josh. This door rub concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
My biggest issues are my mirror skins have melted and warped. The same thing happened to my Bronco Sport. Has this happened to more people?

My driver side mirror fell off and got ran over, so I need to replace the whole inside.

Is there anything that can be done about that? My local ford dealer wants me to leave it for who knows how long for them to look at it.

OP
OP

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While you may have never taken your doors off, check to see if the removable door pins are backing out....I have heard of this before.
Checked all door pin bolts this morning. All very tight. Zero movement.

Anyone have any tips for trying to address the cosmetic in the interim? Wax? I don’t think I’m down to bare metal

OP
OP

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you absolutely sure that the rear door when opening is rubbing the front door? It looks as if the tapping is correct and I don't see how it would rub. And how that small area is spaced with paint remaining in between the scuff. It looks to me as if someone when to get in the front seat and scuffed the edge of the rear door. Is there a matching scuff on the that same area of the front door? Just my observation.
Positive. I was able to recreate the issue after noticing the blemish. It’s a head scratcher for me too since the spacing is even down through the door jam.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a door not properly aligned on my truck. Took it to the dealership and they fixed it and corrected the paint scratch it was causing.

Mine was a bit different though - It was on the bottom right corner of the rear drivers side door was rubbing in the corner ever so slightly.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I may know the issue. It looks like the front passenger door is closing too far in relation to the back door. This offset i think is allowing for the rub. Does anyone know how to adjust this? I’m probably not going to do it, since I want a dealer to own up to it and fix the paint issue.

IMG_6466.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP

TheJoshHarding

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone have any thoughts on fix for this? Video shines a lot of light on issue in real time
Sponsored