First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoping to get some advice from some pros possibly. My daughters white Subaru Crosstrek was left parked under the pecan tree and a fat little squirrel went to town it looks like above the Subaru. I noticed this morning and took it to wash everything off and I have several spots that now look like the clear coat is stained. Tried a clay bar and some other concoctions but they aren’t coming out. Hoped someone here might have a secret family recipe. If not can this stuff be buffed out by chance. Thanks for any help.

71555849306__8BB90B24-4A9A-455B-A410-DBEA80F85DD7.fullsizerender.jpeg
Sponsored

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would start with some correction cream(rubbing compound) in the smallest spot you you can find and see if it removes it. If you’ve never used it before, know that it doesn’t take much pressure to make it work, too much pressure can too quickly burn thru the clear to the base coat, for first time users with a buffer it could be an issue. Dampen (not wet)a soft microfiber cloth and apply a dime sized drop and just use a circular motion until the cream pretty much disappears, then buff off with clean dry microfiber. Clean the entire panel and then apply a wax or ceramic sealer if you already have that on, to the entire panel. I’m sure the correcting compound will remove it.

OP
OP
Irritated Jones
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would start with some correction cream(rubbing compound) in the smallest spot you you can find and see if it removes it. If you’ve never used it before, know that it doesn’t take much pressure to make it work, too much pressure can too quickly burn thru the clear to the base coat, for first time users with a buffer it could be an issue. Dampen (not wet)a soft microfiber cloth and apply a dime sized drop and just use a circular motion until the cream pretty much disappears, then buff off with clean dry microfiber. Clean the entire panel and then apply a wax or ceramic sealer if you already have that on, to the entire panel. I’m sure the correcting compound will remove it.
Thanks, I’ll give it a shot!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good advice above.
The "next" step beyond some compound is wet sanding with some 2000 grit and buffing it back to shine.
Not for people uncomfortable with sanding perfectly fine clearcoat or buffing back out to shine.

Keep us updated on how it fares!

OP
OP
Irritated Jones
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
good advice above.
The "next" step beyond some compound is wet sanding with some 2000 grit and buffing it back to shine.
Not for people uncomfortable with sanding perfectly fine clearcoat or buffing back out to shine.

Keep us updated on how it fares!
Thanks! That might have to be done by a pro. Granted it’s not my Bronco, but it’s still a pretty nice ride, even with the pecan stains all over it.

Mizzou100

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately if that has been there a while nothing gets it off...nothing. Don't make it worse.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop! It’s an organic stain. Before cutting into clear I would try some chemical cleaners in a hidden spot. I used Morton rust raze on my white boat to remove tannin staining. Mixed with water it would immediately remove the stain. It’s no longer made by Morton. I will post the SDS sheet showing ingredients. Bad for inhalation. There may be some new products. You might also try some marine hull stain removers.

A quick google for removing tan in stains from paint has great results.

Ford Bronco Pecan Stains in clear coat IMG_5846

IMG_5848.png
Sponsored