First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 Badlands SAS with Borla, JB4 and a K&N CAI. In sport mode (added with forscan) the truck rips. In normal mode the truck is fast but sport mode is more sporty. I had some pedal lag. I installed the PC and WOW, the truck jumps off the line. I set it originally to sport plus and I can say, that setting is close to dangerous. I reset it to sport minus 2 and it seems to be just about perfect. I know this gives me NO more HP, but it sure does take off a lot better. $300 bucks is what they cost and I would say they are worth it is for want that extra off the line. The app makes this very nice because you can install the PC behind the dash and forget about it. I would bet that without any performance mods, this will make most people very happy.
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had one on my Jeep JKU and it caused throttle calibration issues so I disconnected it. Good luck!

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 22 Badlands SAS with Borla, JB4 and a K&N CAI. In sport mode (added with forscan) the truck rips. In normal mode the truck is fast but sport mode is more sporty. I had some pedal lag. I installed the PC and WOW, the truck jumps off the line. I set it originally to sport plus and I can say, that setting is close to dangerous. I reset it to sport minus 2 and it seems to be just about perfect. I know this gives me NO more HP, but it sure does take off a lot better. $300 bucks is what they cost and I would say they are worth it is for want that extra off the line. The app makes this very nice because you can install the PC behind the dash and forget about it. I would bet that without any performance mods, this will make most people very happy.
Glad your enjoying it!

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Pedal Commander works Flawlessly. I have done MANY tunes on my 5 previous BMWs......and I gotta say, for a product that does NOT give you any additional HP, the bang-for-buck here is amazing. Truly amazing. I run my Bronco on ECO on the GOAT dial and "city" mode on the Pedal Commander (+2). I recently added RCI steel skids, front to back, and also some heavy side steps that definitely added about 400 lbs total or more. So I moved my setting to (+3) and viola! Back to "normal" again!!

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Literally just ordered one after reading this thread. Granted, I’ve been reading up on this, and I also installed a FP tune along with a Whipple IC and AFE pipes coming in this week, but that jump off the line that a supercharger gave me that a turbo just doesn’t compare, made me invest in this. Can’t wait until it comes in and I give it a spin.

Sponsored

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just installed my PC and have it set to Sport -2 to accompany my Ford Performance ProCal 4 Tune. Oh boy do you feel the take off now!

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i installed one this past week and it sure is a nice touch. i was doing sport +2 and it seemed to much, went to normal +2 and it seems decent, but i got more playing around to do. Gonna go back to sport and try the -2 a few have mentioned.

mschulte

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed my PC and have it set to Sport -2 to accompany my Ford Performance ProCal 4 Tune. Oh boy do you feel the take off now!
I just had the ProCal 4 tune installed, and I love it. I also previously bought the Pedal Commander, but haven't installed it yet. After the tune, is it worth it to also do the Pedal Commander? Did you have the tune first, then added the PC?

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just had the ProCal 4 tune installed, and I love it. I also previously bought the Pedal Commander, but haven't installed it yet. After the tune, is it worth it to also do the Pedal Commander? Did you have the tune first, then added the PC?
I had the ProCal tune first and I could feel the power increase immediately in particular in mid RPM. However, there is always a slight delay between putting your foot on the pedal and getting a response (1-2 seconds) the PC eliminates that delay depending on your settings.

Stripes136

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah - I have to agree that this is a must have for the Bronco. You don’t realize how much better it is until you turn it off after about a week of driving. Here is a little video I did if anyone is interested. (May have to change the video quality because it seems to default to low for some people)

Sponsored

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 22 Badlands SAS with Borla, JB4 and a K&N CAI. In sport mode (added with forscan) the truck rips. In normal mode the truck is fast but sport mode is more sporty. I had some pedal lag. I installed the PC and WOW, the truck jumps off the line.
Now that you have the PC do you still switch into the sport goat mode or do you leave it in Normal mode and let the PC adjustments give you the throttle response you want? Curious if there are any aspects of the sport goat mode that you want even though the throttle response may be provided by the PC. I was under the impression that the goat modes also impacted suspension and steering. Thanks!

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I run my Bronco on ECO on the GOAT dial and "city" mode on the Pedal Commander (+2).
Why did you choose Eco goat mode after installing the PC? Curious if it’s related to differences in steering or suspension in that mode?

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got one of the 9Drive throttle boosters and I've been running it around the middle setting at P1.4 and it makes a decent difference in response. I think sport mode helps with response but it also holds the shift points at a higher rpm which I don't care for in normal driving since I like to coast up to stop signs and red lights and sport mode will slow you down too fast. So I've been running in normal mode with the throttle booster and it works great.

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that you have the PC do you still switch into the sport goat mode or do you leave it in Normal mode and let the PC adjustments give you the throttle response you want? Curious if there are any aspects of the sport goat mode that you want even though the throttle response may be provided by the PC. I was under the impression that the goat modes also impacted suspension and steering. Thanks!
I honestly stopped playing with it. The goat modes from what I feel do change the throttle response. I think I keep my PC at normal or normal plus..... The PC can be downright violent in sport or sport plus..... In my opinion, it can be too much for the broncos drivetrain with such a fast throttle response. This is most likely why from the factory it is a little consertivite.... After all is said and done, with all the mods I did the PC was not needed.... Cool, yes. fun, yes. adjustable, yes. The PC in my opinion is a great option for people who dont want to do the ford chip, the jb4 or any other mods. It gives you the fast truck feel without doing anything to the motor..... I can tell you that my buddy just got a new raptor and my bronco will smoke it. For the money, buy the JB4 or the chip from ford first.

MaxBadland

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly stopped playing with it. The goat modes from what I feel do change the throttle response. I think I keep my PC at normal or normal plus..... The PC can be downright violent in sport or sport plus..... In my opinion, it can be too much for the broncos drivetrain with such a fast throttle response. This is most likely why from the factory it is a little consertivite.... After all is said and done, with all the mods I did the PC was not needed.... Cool, yes. fun, yes. adjustable, yes. The PC in my opinion is a great option for people who dont want to do the ford chip, the jb4 or any other mods. It gives you the fast truck feel without doing anything to the motor..... I can tell you that my buddy just got a new raptor and my bronco will smoke it. For the money, buy the JB4 or the chip from ford first.
Maybe I'm just being "cheap" but I was trying to avoid mods that required higher octane gas...the Ford tune and JB4 seem like they require that. Thanks for mentioning the JB4, though. I hadn't read much about it before your post.
Sponsored