First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quick question! my performance tuner finally arrived from Ford. My appt is made so that I don’t void my warranty, now do I set up the account on my laptop and update? Or is that something that the Ford Tech will want to do himself?
My thought is I bought it, i should have the access to it? Or am i mistaken?
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

setup your ford performance account and update the ProCal handset to the latest software.

the installer will need your account, password and the certificate number that comes with the handset for installation.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should have gotten a piece of paper with a software key/voucher code on it. Register that to your Ford Performance account and provide your login information to your dealer (or whomever is installing it).

You don't have to touch anything else. You can update the ProCal itself if you want, but not necessary... you just need to attach the voucher code to your account.

(And change your Ford Performance account password after they install it.)

OP
OP
AKcyn

AKcyn

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
setup your ford performance account and update the ProCal handset to the latest software.

the installer will need your account, password and the certificate number that comes with the handset for installation.
Great! Thank you!

OP
OP
AKcyn

AKcyn

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I haven’t even opened the box yet. Will do!
Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AKcyn

AKcyn

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You should have gotten a piece of paper with a software key/voucher code on it. Register that to your Ford Performance account and provide your login information to your dealer (or whomever is installing it).

You don't have to touch anything else. You can update the ProCal itself if you want, but not necessary... you just need to attach the voucher code to your account.

(And change your Ford Performance account password after they install it.)
Thank you! I knew Bronco6g group would steer me right!

OP
OP
AKcyn

AKcyn

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Thank you so much! This group is the best!

Larry Gates

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I updated and loaded the sw on the Procal tool from my account. All I gave the dealer was the tool ready to load and the one instruction sheet that showed how to download into Bronco. I didn’t want them in my account and tried to streamline for less chance of something going wrong. It went smooth and they only charged for one hour.

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I gave up on waiting for FORD Stealership and really have no trust. It took me 5 minutes to load and I will deal with any consquences. Ideally someone will make a tune and pair it with a 200 cell cat for another 25 HP. The Ford tune is weak and I still have to put it in sport mode to be drivable.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I gave up on waiting for FORD Stealership and really have no trust. It took me 5 minutes to load and I will deal with any consquences. Ideally someone will make a tune and pair it with a 200 cell cat for another 25 HP. The Ford tune is weak and I still have to put it in sport mode to be drivable.
Are you driving the 2.7L? To me it helped the Bronco NOT fall on it's face pulling into traffic. Shifting is better but performance is underwhelming. I compare it to the 5-Star tune on the my 3.5L F150, and that is amazing over stock (93tune).

This really should have been a free Ford dealer standard update to the Bronco upon the next service.

Sponsored

marktwain2001

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Driving the 2.3 which is fine in sport mode with the tune and lightweight 18' street wheels/tires. The rest of the settings and it feels like an anemic car from the 80s. Im gonna switch out for a 200 cell cat for about 25 hp more and it should be good but ill be fighting the check engine light until someone comes up with an "off road use only" tune.

Are you driving the 2.7L? To me it helped the Bronco NOT fall on it's face pulling into traffic. Shifting is better but performance is underwhelming. I compare it to the 5-Star tune on the my 3.5L F150, and that is amazing over stock (93tune).

This really should have been a free Ford dealer standard update to the Bronco upon the next service.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Driving the 2.3 which is fine in sport mode with the tune and lightweight 18' street wheels/tires. The rest of the settings and it feels like an anemic car from the 80s. Im gonna switch out for a 200 cell cat for about 25 hp more and it should be good but ill be fighting the check engine light until someone comes up with an "off road use only" tune.
I was asking about the engine, because the 2.3L got a nice boost in power. I wish the 2.7 got the same % increase. 😀 Enjoy!
I hadn't heard about the cats giving 25hp... I'll look into that. Thanks

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what's going on with the tune people are talking about. The Ford Tune on my 2.7 along with my other mods, has increased power quite a bit. I know it's not a sports car, but I have left several trucks at the light, and that was before I added sport mode.

Mattyp23

Wildtrak
First Name
mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good to hear. I’m thinking about the ford performance tuner. I currently ordered a few items to help with responsiveness and more air intake. Was thinking after a year of breaking the motor in getting a AEM V3 meth injection. I gotta learn more about it though.
Not sure what's going on with the tune people are talking about. The Ford Tune on my 2.7 along with my other mods, has increased power quite a bit. I know it's not a sports car, but I have left several trucks at the light, and that was before I added sport mode.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I’m waiting for CA to allow the tune for 2022+. Ridiculous
Sponsored