Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my 2.7 23 Wildtrak at the Ford dealer all day Friday. They haven't been able to install the Ford performance tune. The tech has tune experience & called Ford performance for support but so far they never called back..
They are keeping bronco overnight to see if they get assistance on Saturday. Sorry to say if dealer and Ford performance can't figure this out. I am going to ask for a refund. I'll update the thread on Saturday. @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh Great. Just got mine today from FedEx. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻. I have the same. a 23 WT. 🤞🏻

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would try a new dealer if possible. Had mine installed on my '23. Model shouldn't matter. Sounds like the tech is the problem.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shop installed the tune in my 23 WT in 20 minutes- no issues. Make sure he has the procal completely updated or it may not work. Mine updated 2-3 times and then was good to go.

Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Installed it myself on a 23 Wildtrak just the other day. I would suggest backing up your stock tune yourself. You can also update the controller and download the proper tune without necessarily putting it into your Bronco. Should make it a 10 minute or less affair for them, and you control your own tune backup.

My Ford dealer was looking at me like a cash register when I inquired with them. I went back after the install to renegotiate a re-install without the cagey BS about cost or the time it takes to install it. Still ongoing but my leverage improved.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 21, but yeah, just download, plug in, do the updates, then go to car, let it take the vin ect, come back get the download, then hook it back up and let it do its thing. Not hard at all. Also, my relationship with my dealer they know everything I own is modded. But heck, THEY MOD their own vehicles. They actually have a Ford Performance Mod shop. So yeah :)

OP
OP
Jmor

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 21, but yeah, just download, plug in, do the updates, then go to car, let it take the vin ect, come back get the download, then hook it back up and let it do its thing. Not hard at all. Also, my relationship with my dealer they know everything I own is modded. But heck, THEY MOD their own vehicles. They actually have a Ford Performance Mod shop. So yeah :)
I was wondering how it affected the extended warranty for the 7 years 100k mileage

RotorOver

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2021 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't even find a dealer to do the install in the Atlanta area.

OP
OP
Jmor

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can't even find a dealer to do the install in the Atlanta area.
I agree, I had to call 5 dealers to find one. I'm on the way there shortly.
Don't know if they proceeded or not. If they haven't, I may try it on my laptop

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jmor

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, picked up the bronco this afternoon. They did nothing today, had it parked outside with the the ford tune box in the car with the instructions they were using. When I left I asked for documents to get refund from Ford which is required, including steps taken and what the problem or info was on the laptop as to why it couldn't be installed. They said they would send me it on Monday.. LOL
they gave no checkout paperwork or service order to prove I was even there, Just handed me my keys to be on my way.

kbutler1

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had mine installed on my 23 WT this last week. It’s the dealership not the tune that isn’t working.
Sponsored