still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And I absolutely love it! 4 DR OBX hard top, Sasquatch with high package.
Just wanted to share a few things for the people like me who weren’t really sure what to expect.

We are a family of four with two car seat aged children. Previous SUV was a VW Atlas. I had not seen the interior in person prior to yesterday so I was concerned about space for the kids. Overall I’m satisfied with the space but it’s definitely not as spacious as our Atlas was. But I’m not complaining. It’s sufficient.

The stereo quality. I got the 6 speaker and it seems fine to me. Side note…. I read a comment on YouTube that said the output quality of XM and FM radio are less than that of a streaming service like Spotify on apple car play. I only use car play so it really sounds just like my VW did IMO.

Wind noise in the cabin. There is absolutely wind noise. The cabin is nowhere near as quiet as my VW atlas was (or any other vehicle I’ve owed). It’s not terrible though. But I really only noticed it when I was driving without my stereo on though. With no ambient music, it was obvious. Once I turned the stereo on, I don’t hear any wind noise and I have the volume set relatively low most of the time. Maybe at level 10. Nobody has to talk loud to hear each other though.

My biggest issue is the quality and lack of the interior lights. I had no idea that the interior lighting was so poor. I never even considered it a possibility. Maybe replacing the factory bulbs with a brighter LED would improve the situation. But being in dark conditions and having to deal with two kids in car seats and finding things they dropped on the floor, seems as if it would be an impossible feat without using a flashlight as it stands. That’s disappointing.

Other than that this vehicle is a pleasure to drive. It’s smooth, it’s quick and it’s beautiful. I have no regrets.
Sponsored

EpicExplorer

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My biggest issue is the quality and lack of the interior lights. I had no idea that the interior lighting was so poor. I never even considered it a possibility. Maybe replacing the factory bulbs with a brighter LED would improve the situation. But being in dark conditions and having to deal with two kids in car seats and finding things they dropped on the floor, seems as if it would be an impossible feat without using a flashlight as it stands. That’s disappointing.
Maybe someone can chime in on interior lighting mods? Maybe to tie into an aux switch.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Under rated color. It’s a beaut!

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wind noise in the cabin. There is absolutely wind noise. The cabin is nowhere near as quiet as my VW atlas was (or any other vehicle I’ve owed). It’s not terrible though. But I really only noticed it when I was driving without my stereo on though. With no ambient music, it was obvious. Once I turned the stereo on, I don’t hear any wind noise and I have the volume set relatively low most of the time. Maybe at level 10. Nobody has to talk loud to hear each other though.
When I took my first drive in a Bronco the first thing I noticed was the wind noise. Almost a year later either I'm going deaf or I just don't notice it as much. Probably a bit of both :)

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is way too clean. Go get it dirty.

And congratulations on finally getting it. I have never even thought about interior lighting, since anybody getting in my back seat is rare.

Metal-tech 4x4

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21'+ 22" Broncos, Lexus GX470, Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Congrats! Let the modifications begin!!!!

SnowshoeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're almost the same. I just got the OBX SAS, my wife drives an Atlas and we've got two car seats... I like the Bronco so much more (i really dont like the Atlas at all), but the interior lighting is so bad. I have a head lamp in the back area and one in the side pocket for when I need to do anything at night. Congrats on the sweet ride.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe someone can chime in on interior lighting mods? Maybe to tie into an aux switch.
That would be great. I googled it last night and didn’t come up with anything.

Last edited:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be surprised if the interior lighting isn't LED already.

When you took the top off the Atlas was it noisy? Oh, it was a fixed top? Yeah, that's always going to be quieter.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Under rated color. It’s a beaut!
Agreed. My wife's truck is a similar color so I had to pick something else. :rolleyes:

Never gave interior lighting a thought. Since there is no bar across the middle of the cab, there is no place to install a center rear dome light. You'll have to figure something out that can be mounted along the sides.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're almost the same. I just got the OBX SAS, my wife drives an Atlas and we've got two car seats... I like the Bronco so much more (i really dont like the Atlas at all), but the interior lighting is so bad. I have a head lamp in the back area and one in the side pocket for when I need to do anything at night. Congrats on the sweet ride.
haha awesome! I didn’t like the Atlas for the most part either. It was comfortable but I could never get into feeling like I enjoyed driving it.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be surprised if the interior lighting isn't LED already.

When you took the top off the Atlas was it noisy? Oh, it was a fixed top? Yeah, that's always going to be quieter.
I always took the top off the atlas.