RivianNowPlz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Without going through the whole thread just yet.. and maybe this is obvious.. but target has like 1000 cameras in their parking lot, a very sophisticed security system for theft. Surely they should be able to find fairly easily this person's identity and whatever vehicle they used to both enter and leave the lot.

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pissed off. Anyone else deal with this kind of thing yet? Can a good body shop fix this up? Happened in the Target parking lot in Boulder, CO last night.
275E0533-C8C5-4868-8345-182DC98A45C1.jpeg
8D4C3001-DFA4-40DB-85BF-979326B10B51.jpeg
Sorry to see that man! What piece of s### would do something like that. They are jealous of your ride. Hope it doesn't cost much to get fixed!

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pissed off. Anyone else deal with this kind of thing yet? Can a good body shop fix this up? Happened in the Target parking lot in Boulder, CO last night.
I sure dont miss colorado, and especially the eastern side....Thats a deep one, probably have to have it repainted....

xpathf1nderx

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

agree with others here...try it yourself, you have nothing to lose other than about $35 of touchup...might be fine.
hate that it happened....

Sponsored

_Nelson_

Base
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't been keyed yet but I can tell you that absolutely no one is excited for me having a new bronco including my wife she hates it. Just goes along with ownership of a new vehicle I guess. People suck

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of the reasons I'm now looking into PPF. Initially I was thinking about it just for rocks and debris on-road and sticks / branches off-road, but I don't trust people. Shouldn't have to spend the money to protect from the jealous and/or crazy, though.

In any case, sorry this happened.

Saddle Tramp

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate stupid people. So sorry that happened to you.
There used to be a guy, from Texas that was here in Carlsbad, NM periodically. I think his wife was from here. He fixed, bumps, scrapes, scratches, dents etc. for dealerships in this area. Vehicles that were damaged in shipping. There are a lot of them damaged in shipping, more than you would think. He fixed several 350’s for me. HE WAS AMAZING! The ones he did for me were, exponentially worse than your scratch. Typically I would meet him at the dealership, he would tell me to come back, in two, or three hrs, and they would be done. Paint match, workmanship was, unbelievable. A deal like yours, he would not do the whole door. In the past, I was used to having to leave one at a body shop, for days, or more. He was mobile, had everything he needed on a dually truck.

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That totally sucks ... I know the feeling. I'm relating my story out of solidarity , I know what it's like. Long story, only read if you want some entertainment or are bored.

When I was 17 I got to drive my Dad's beautiful, extremely-limited-edition Jeep Wrangler Sahara. Shortly after I started , I guess 'seeing?' a smoking-hot Barbie Doll freshman. She had been talking to another freshman boy ( I was a Junior) who happened to also share my name. This kid was a total scumbag, Whiskey-Tango type of dude. I mean scumbag. I guess after she started seeing me she told him not to bother her anymore , he would call her and regularly - I mean multiple times a night- do the Operator's "Emergency Breakthrough" - it's amazing she didn't get a restraining order in retrospect.

I guess one day, after another night of her not accepting his Emergency Breakthroughs, he keyed my Jeep on Friday afternoon after school, and for some reason I didn't notice it. I don't know if I was in a hurry that day or what. But I noticed it the next day and thought it occurred randomly in a random parking lot. Had to have it like professionally fixed. Fast forward 5-7 years, I'm either 21 or 22-ish, my best friend worked for an Anheuser-Busch distributor and was known at each and every bar, restaurant, liquor store within several Counties. We were both 21-ish and he would call me, "Listen I have to go to ABC Bar & Grill to set up a new tap" or whatever ... "Meet me for lunch, they always give me free lunch and free beers, we'll just say you work with me..." We did that to great effect for years, and always tried to politely INSIST on a bill, but Nooooo. Money's no good here! etc. So this particular day, hot chic bartender decides to chat me up - it's my lucky day! - and just when I think she's just being nice, she busts out a "I get done at 5, and we're having Karaoke tonight, I was going to go home and change, etc. want to meet me here at 7 or so and hang out?" Hell yeah I do, it is my lucky day ! So it looks like it's on baby!

I get there later that night, and who do I see at the bar but the dude who was a freshman stalking the girl I was dating back in HS. I mean he's still a scumbag but I am not here for him, I wave a polite hi to him and his friends, and sit down. Don't you know he gets up and comes over and sits down next to me. Starts a conversation. Then says "Yeah I'm here to hit on" whatever the chic's name is ... Oh yeah?? "Yeah I heard her tell someone she was coming in tonight so I decided to come in..." and I just have to crush his hopes & dreams ... "Yeah, she's coming in to meet ME bro..." No she isn't! "Yeah, oh look , there she is now..." and she sits down next to me.

He looks very upset, then starts laughing and says, "Well, just so you know, back in High School, I keyed your Jeep. Walked around the entire thing with a key. Haha!" and before I can stand up and probably knock him off his barstool, the girl puts her hand on my arm, gives me a "Don't, not worth it"-kind of look, and suggests we get a table.

I just don't understand what goes through people's minds to not only destroy someone's personal property, but do it in a cowardly way, hiding like a biatch. Sucks, especially when you wait so long for the freaking Bronco.

FOMOBRO

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U14, 2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question: Did you park next to a new Chevy Blazer? I don't condone their behavior.....but I can understand their envy.
Seriously though, you can fix this. Automotive Touchup has great stuff. I color pen and a clearcoat pen, and buff. I used their products on FJ and my 66 Bronco that has 2006 Ford Torreador metallic...yours will be a cakewalk. Less than $100 including a buffer. https://www.automotivetouchup.com/choosecolor/buypaint.aspx

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't been keyed yet but I can tell you that absolutely no one is excited for me having a new bronco including my wife she hates it. Just goes along with ownership of a new vehicle I guess. People suck
Ok now you have to elaborate. Why doesnt your WIFE like you having a new vehicle
This is one of the reasons I'm now looking into PPF. Initially I was thinking about it just for rocks and debris on-road and sticks / branches off-road, but I don't trust people. Shouldn't have to spend the money to protect from the jealous and/or crazy, though.

In any case, sorry this happened.
Ppf won't save you from being keyed unfortunately

StockFord2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150; 2016 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sucks. Doesn’t look keyed. Usually when keyed it’s deeper and a lot longer. Looks like maybe a basket handle or someone’s purse zipper/snap caught you. As someone who dabbles in paint recovery, definitely not a buffable

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't get insurance involved just yet. Get the estimate first. I'll bet the cost is less than your deductible and this will count against you for accident-free.
Vandalism falls under comprehensive, shouldn't impact rates. At least with most insurance companies

Wanderexplore

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer gts
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry that happened to you, I was just parked there the other day.. Caliber collision and boulder bump shop are great, but there's a long wait to get in.
Sponsored