First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If someone is obviously handicapped and parks in a handicapped spot, the last thing the police want to deal with is you calling them to report something they aren't going to waste their time on in the first place. Now, explain all the lifted 4wds I see with handicap stickers on them. Seems like there should be an agility test, and if you can haul yourself in and out of a lifted 1 ton, you probably don't need the sticker. But, I figure that's none of my business and don't waste my time getting upset over that either.
Yep
Sponsored

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If I saw someone do that to my new car, I would walk up to them and hand them a card of an oral surgeon...and when they look up after reading it, knock their front teeth down their throat.

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I saw someone do that to my new car, I would walk up to them and hand them a card of an oral surgeon...and when they look up after reading it, knock their front teeth down their throat.
That is hilarious.....and a valuable strategy!

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

She must feel so superior to you. My experience with 'Coexist' people is that they only want to 'coexist' with people that think exactly like them.

Sponsored

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I d

I don't understand the note, nor do I know what a Coexist is. You must hang around different folks than me.
Around her , keying somebody's rig is an ass whipping offense. You don't mess with other folks stuff.
You might think about it.
Paul in AZ , where you can walk into Safeway with a big iron on your hip. No permit required.
So you would have shot this person for keying the vehicle? Sounds legit (eye roll)

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry everyone will hate me for this….

I totally understand the situation you were in. I’m not the type that would feel the need to retaliate at all, with or without a posted note.

That being said, where’s the damage?

You took and posted a photo of the note you left so that people would understand your situation, yet you didn’t bother to take a photo of the damage that someone did to your car? If I got keyed, even under the mildest circumstances, I would immediately take a photo.

I hope you and your daughter had an awesome time at the slopes regardless, but I just had to post my thoughts given the circumstances.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they were parked in a handicapped spot with out a placard/pate shit happens. I have no sympathy for people who park in handicapped spots with out a handicapped plate/placards even if they leave them They know they rules, no exceptions. As a disabled veteran with severe mobility issues nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone parked in a handicapped spot with a permit!

Personally, I call the cops and make sure they get tickets. It more satisfying.
Just curious, but you are upset by a guy picking up his disabled daughter because you have mobility issues but drive a F450, a Wildtrack and an Audi S5? My parents are older and not even handicapped and there is no way they could get into either of those vehicles.

OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry everyone will hate me for this….

I totally understand the situation you were in. I’m not the type that would feel the need to retaliate at all, with or without a posted note.

That being said, where’s the damage?

You took and posted a photo of the note you left so that people would understand your situation, yet you didn’t bother to take a photo of the damage that someone did to your car? If I got keyed, even under the mildest circumstances, I would immediately take a photo.

I hope you and your daughter had an awesome time at the slopes regardless, but I just had to post my thoughts given the circumstances.
understood....I already Color sanded it out..did it the moment I got home because it bugged me so much. Now only 1.5" scratch left to basecoat... Hard to see in a pic now. I'll take it

Screenshot_20220325-163307.png

IMG_20220326_163234669.jpg

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who takes his disabled veteran dad places quite often, I understand your frustration, but I also cannot agree with your stance. His car has a permanent handicap plate on it, but it's getting harder for him to get in and out of his own car. We typically take my mom's Explorer, because it's easier for him to get in and out of, but it does not have a handicap plate. He does have a placard, but sometimes he's forgotten it. He has good days and bad days. On a bad day, I don't care if he has his placard. If he needs it, I'll park in a handicapped spot and deal with anyone who wants to pick that battle. If not, we'll park as close as we can get. Lord knows I won't drop him off at the door, because he'll be flirting with the waitress at a restaurant or making a beeline for the riding mowers at Lowes if I leave him alone.

Other people are human, too, and as we all know, shit happens. The OP said he had his daughter with special needs with him, but forgot the placard. Lift up your fellow man, rather than trying to ruin someone's day. One day, that good grace will come around to you and lift you up as well!

You might want to watch this video. It's educational, to say the least.

Ok, I'm done preaching. Amen, I think?
What are you trying to preach besides comparing Apples to Oranges ?

Legal Activity vs Illegal Activity? Less than 1% of Gun Crimes in America are carried out by persons lawfully allowed to carry a handgun whether Open or Concealed.

Your referenced case is a very rare exception and not some portended general rule. The perpetrator was a legal up until he initiated the confrontation by pulling up and confronting the driver of the car. All the guy had to do was shrug his shoulders, park in another space and proceeded inside the store. He had no right to confront the other driver or her husband. If he was that upset by the situation, he should have just left and gone to another store.

As Stan Lee wrote for Ben Parker, “With great power comes great responsibility”

Now if you want to preach, shoot me an email but we shouldn’t bore our fellow B6G with this stuff.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
understood....I already Color sanded it out..did it the moment I got home because it bugged me so much. Now only 1.5" scratch left to basecoat... Hard to see in a pic now. I'll take it

Ford Bronco Bronco Keyed IMG_20220326_163234669

Damn that amount of product to polish out the scratch, it’s no wonder you didn’t feel the need to take a picture after the fact. Sorry to have casted doubt!

You and your daughter have a sweet setup for skiing 😊

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What happened to the good old days when the busy bodies would do their best Barney Fife or Goober voice and just run around yelling “Citizen’s Arrest, Citizen’s Arrest” until Andy or the real cops could show up to tell everybody to calm down, STFU and be on their way?

Life was a lot simpler

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just curious, but you are upset by a guy picking up his disabled daughter because you have mobility issues but drive a F450, a Wildtrack and an Audi S5? My parents are older and not even handicapped and there is no way they could get into either of those vehicles.
Many service connected disabilities have nothing to do with mobility. Any thing that happens to you on active duty becomes a disability once leaving the service. It's somewhat of a game at the end to have enough stuff to hit 50%. High blood pressure, diabetes, tinnitus, sprained ankle, etc. all get ratings and the goal is to get as much as you can on your way out. Certainly, many are true disabilities, but as a 24yr vet married to a 20yr vet, father of a vet, and an employee of the VA, I take the disabled veteran title with a grain of salt.

In defense of the vets, we didn't make the game, we just play it. Still no reason to go around playing Barney Fife though. Not directed at Gryphon in particular as I believe him if he says he has mobility issues, but many of the DV plates you see around here are on lifted 3/4 and 1 ton trucks that require a fair amount of agility to get in and out of.

Last edited:

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took my Special Needs Daughter Skiing at Purgatory. Handicapped placard in different car so....between the time it took me to walk inside, get permission, a note (pictured)......my first scratches didn't come from Kane Creek or Hey Joe Canyon tamarisk in Moab or even a careless grocery bag from my garage to our kitchen but a "tolerant" driver with a COEXIST sticker firmly affixed to her Subaru.

I wanted Rapid Red-- but knowing it would get scratched (by me) I opted for a color that would buff out or hide scratches better.... Iconic silver.
Plan worked... Got 97% of damage out, but still!!!!!!

Humans ...?!?!?!!

Sorry that happened, She was mad you probably took her parking spot and didn't care to read your note. People who park without care don't leave notes, this is just sad
Sponsored