First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest issue is the quality and lack of the interior lights. I had no idea that the interior lighting was so poor. I never even considered it a possibility. Maybe replacing the factory bulbs with a brighter LED would improve the situation. But being in dark conditions and having to deal with two kids in car seats and finding things they dropped on the floor, seems as if it would be an impossible feat without using a flashlight as it stands. That’s disappointing.
I've got the same complaint about lack of lighting. Tried researching what users have done on here and the LED rollbar and cargo lights are too smart; LED and talk to the Can bus. No bulb swapping and probably not even patching into the electrical wires powering the PCB boards with the LEDs. I'm hoping some aftermarket company can come up with a solution. Without spending many hours and money on a custom thing, some users have purchased magnetic based USB rechargeable light bars with motion sensors to help light areas. We might need to wait for Ford to refresh the interior and install those fixed lighting options later as mods.
Sponsored

dfresh73

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a solution on interior lights coming soon from IAG Performance. There are a couple of youtube vid's where people have installed lights for the rear cargo area...I think oracle lights has some you can buy for it as well.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I never understood interior lighting complaints. Personally, that very last thing I want is to be backlit and overexposed at night.

To each their own......

Good looking truck.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a solution on interior lights coming soon from IAG Performance. There are a couple of youtube vid's where people have installed lights for the rear cargo area...I think oracle lights has some you can buy for it as well.
I've seen some of those but I'd want the addon lights to come on and turn off with the stock lights, in relation to the doors.

OP
OP

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. My wife's truck is a similar color so I had to pick something else. :rolleyes:

Never gave interior lighting a thought. Since there is no bar across the middle of the cab, there is no place to install a center rear dome light. You'll have to figure something out that can be mounted along the sides.
my wife’s car is the same color. We both like the dark gray so it works for us!

I never understood interior lighting complaints. Personally, that very last thing I want is to be backlit and overexposed at night.

To each their own......

Good looking truck.
You ever have a vehicle with car seat aged kids lol

Sponsored

SnowshoeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

haha awesome! I didn’t like the Atlas for the most part either. It was comfortable but I could never get into feeling like I enjoyed driving it.
She is stuck with it for a while, its electronics are so glitchy but the 3rd row is nice to have.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I luv me some VeeDubs, but man build quality on those things has went into the toilet over the past 20 years.

Looked hard at the Atlas 3 years ago, but went another direction. Know a couple of folks that got the Atlas and both have had it to the dealership multiple times.

For the backseat light, yeah it's a problem. But that's the price you pay to go top less

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congratulations

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
there was a build update post of someone's Wildtrac I think last week and he ran what looked like a 3 or 4 foot led strip on the top rails. also put one on the swing gate. Looked great, that is what I'm going to be looking into.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tons of little LEDs out there. I like the KC cyclones. $30 a pop and you can easily wire them yourself.

Ford Bronco Picked up my bronco last night…… PXL_20220531_051225851.NIGHT

Ford Bronco Picked up my bronco last night…… PXL_20220601_044507585