Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My first post. Hey everyone.

So here’s my thoughts, and dilemma:

Currently I drive a truck, not just because I like driving a pickup, but because I use it as a pickup truck. I’m getting to a point where I may not need it as much as I did, but I still use it. I’ve been following the Bronco ever since they announced them, but wanted to drive one and really see if they are worth the hype. My biggest concern was the interior space, I’m not a fan of the Ranger because it’s too cramped and they share the same platform so I was sure it would be a deal breaker, but I’d wait until I could sit in and drive one.
I did and getting in a Bronco was a mistake, pretty much game over, more fun to drive than I expected. So then I had to justify not having the bed because … well … life is short.

I live in New Jersey, not a lot of rock crawling to be done, but I would actually like to do some if and when the opportunity comes up. I do want to drive on trails, go into the mountains, the beach, you get the picture. But I also live in the real world, and it will be my daily driver and although this seems to be a hot topic on forums, I want to get the best ride possible on the highway. I know the tradeoffs, I know the characteristics of an off roader, I’m not under any misconceptions, but there must be the best combination for highway driving and doing the off roading you want to do.

I drive a lot of highway miles, I love to drive – the 2.7 is a non-negotiable.

I/ we go on Road Trips - not a lot of space in the Bronco – I need the roof racks.

I believe that the 33 ‘s AT KO2’s will handle better/ better ride quality on road and still pretty capable off road?

I believe that 35’s MT Territories will not be anywhere close to the 33’s on highway – but I could be wrong ??
Of course they should be better off road.

I know I want lockers, otherwise you really don’t have 4 wheel drive, especially when you need it the most, the only model that you can get with lockers is the Badlands, (unless you Sasquatch) – there goes the roof racks.

Although the HOSS 3.0 is meant to be able to handle washboard roads at high speeds, I have to assume this also translates into better on road also , again trying to maximize ride quality . – Not to mention when you do something stupid off road, and I probably will, you have stronger parts. Only available on Wildtrak, back to Sasquatch. I have no idea if this logic is correct, but I have to assume it is with better dampers and the rear sway bar.

So my conclusion is to get the Wildtrak with the HOSS 3.0 and all the other goodies I want.

I love the look of the 35’s but I really want to know how much better it would on the highway with 33’s, or would because it’s lifted, would the 33’s not matter as much at that point? Or would you actually gain wheel travel and would it be even better in some aspects?

So I’m really considering downsizing the tires on a Wildtrak to 33’s. Hoping it still looks good, but I’m wondering if any of my logic is flawed and am I overlooking a better combination?

Oh and Please no responses of, ‘this might not be the right fit for you’, it’s not like I can take the roof and doors off of that many vehicles and drive into the wilderness. If they didn’t squash the Bronco pickup, I’d be all over that.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in NJ too and even with the Hoss 3.0 offered now, I'd stick with the Badlands - I love the MGV seats, washout floors and interior bits. I'm eyeballing the Eibach adjustable shocks so I can run my stock KO2 33s for six months of the year to include winter, then adjust up and throw on a set of 35s for the other 6 months a year. I could be wrong, but I think if you're getting the 4 door then they all come with rear sway bar now, but don't quote me on that. I haven't used the front stabilizer bar disconnect real-world yet, but I like that it's there along with the skid plates and rails when adventure strikes. You may ultimately wait for some driver feedback on the Hoss 3.0 before making your decision though. Have you done a cost comparison between Badlands and Wildtrak w/ Hoss 3.0, or is money not a consideration?

OP
OP
DriveAllNight

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in NJ too and even with the Hoss 3.0 offered now, I'd stick with the Badlands - I love the MGV seats, washout floors and interior bits. I'm eyeballing the Eibach adjustable shocks so I can run my stock KO2 33s for six months of the year to include winter, then adjust up and throw on a set of 35s for the other 6 months a year. I could be wrong, but I think if you're getting the 4 door then they all come with rear sway bar now, but don't quote me on that. I haven't used the front stabilizer bar disconnect real-world yet, but I like that it's there along with the skid plates and rails when adventure strikes. You may ultimately wait for some driver feedback on the Hoss 3.0 before making your decision though. Have you done a cost comparison between Badlands and Wildtrak w/ Hoss 3.0, or is money not a consideration?

Money is always a consideration, this will be the most I've ever spent on a vehicle.
I was sure I was going with the Badlands but the trade-offs had me stuck for a bit. So then I backtracked to which things were more important.
I agree with you on the MGV, I don't like the grill on the Badlands, but that's easily fixed. The roof rack issue, sucks. Like I said, so many trade-offs.

If money was no object, everything can be changed and fixed in the aftermarket, but I'm trying to get it right out the door, especially with the important stuff. I can always add on skids and for a price, make them aluminum and save the weight.

Bottom line, I'm not a Ford engineer or have access to one, I don't have access to drive all the different setups - Thanks Covid! So I'm hoping to get some feed back from people here who hopefully know more than me. Every post I saw when someone brings up downsizing tires, they get ripped up by people questioning their life choices, as if there is only one purpose for driving a Bronco.

Thanks for your input, more stuff to think about . :cool:

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

get the Badlands if it will match your useage and get an aftermarket rack setup they have more capacity then oem.

Bronco1010

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first post. Hey everyone.

So here’s my thoughts, and dilemma:

Currently I drive a truck, not just because I like driving a pickup, but because I use it as a pickup truck. I’m getting to a point where I may not need it as much as I did, but I still use it. I’ve been following the Bronco ever since they announced them, but wanted to drive one and really see if they are worth the hype. My biggest concern was the interior space, I’m not a fan of the Ranger because it’s too cramped and they share the same platform so I was sure it would be a deal breaker, but I’d wait until I could sit in and drive one.
I did and getting in a Bronco was a mistake, pretty much game over, more fun to drive than I expected. So then I had to justify not having the bed because … well … life is short.

I live in New Jersey, not a lot of rock crawling to be done, but I would actually like to do some if and when the opportunity comes up. I do want to drive on trails, go into the mountains, the beach, you get the picture. But I also live in the real world, and it will be my daily driver and although this seems to be a hot topic on forums, I want to get the best ride possible on the highway. I know the tradeoffs, I know the characteristics of an off roader, I’m not under any misconceptions, but there must be the best combination for highway driving and doing the off roading you want to do.

I drive a lot of highway miles, I love to drive – the 2.7 is a non-negotiable.

I/ we go on Road Trips - not a lot of space in the Bronco – I need the roof racks.

I believe that the 33 ‘s AT KO2’s will handle better/ better ride quality on road and still pretty capable off road?

I believe that 35’s MT Territories will not be anywhere close to the 33’s on highway – but I could be wrong ??
Of course they should be better off road.

I know I want lockers, otherwise you really don’t have 4 wheel drive, especially when you need it the most, the only model that you can get with lockers is the Badlands, (unless you Sasquatch) – there goes the roof racks.

Although the HOSS 3.0 is meant to be able to handle washboard roads at high speeds, I have to assume this also translates into better on road also , again trying to maximize ride quality . – Not to mention when you do something stupid off road, and I probably will, you have stronger parts. Only available on Wildtrak, back to Sasquatch. I have no idea if this logic is correct, but I have to assume it is with better dampers and the rear sway bar.

So my conclusion is to get the Wildtrak with the HOSS 3.0 and all the other goodies I want.

I love the look of the 35’s but I really want to know how much better it would on the highway with 33’s, or would because it’s lifted, would the 33’s not matter as much at that point? Or would you actually gain wheel travel and would it be even better in some aspects?

So I’m really considering downsizing the tires on a Wildtrak to 33’s. Hoping it still looks good, but I’m wondering if any of my logic is flawed and am I overlooking a better combination?

Oh and Please no responses of, ‘this might not be the right fit for you’, it’s not like I can take the roof and doors off of that many vehicles and drive into the wilderness. If they didn’t squash the Bronco pickup, I’d be all over that.

Any thoughts?
I just got a Badlands Sasquatch a few weeks ago. It rides great on the NJ roads for what it is. I usually always had a pickup all the time as well and do need to from time to time to have a bed also. I will now just borrow one from a friend or just eventually by a small trailer.

I got to go to and off rodeo well before I purchased and drove my own so I knew what I was getting into both on and off the road. No matter what you will figure out how to make this useful to you.
Sponsored