First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vinyl is a far better covering than leather vould ever be. Just look at a 10 year old boat...

Leather is just associated with luxury so it gets the kuddos...

This is coming from a guy with 2 leathered out vehicles..

Vinyl is far better....
Never had anything other than cloth and I've liked them. Maybe time to step out a bit.
Sponsored

weekesm

Black Diamond
First Name
Myles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was there today at Celebration East and felt the leather and marine vinyl. I was very impressed by the look and feel of the vinyl. Extremely nice and leather like feel. Not like boat seats at all. Wish I could get these seats with the Base.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never had anything other than cloth and I've liked them. Maybe time to step out a bit.
Cloth is fine.... just for me... if i am out lake camping drinking beer and a rain shower shows up:

Me with cloth seats: fuk!!!!!!????

Me with Marine vinyl seats: getting another beer out of the ice chest takes priority over the top getting put up. ?

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vinyl looks way better than what I originally expected! Looks good!
I was wondering the same thing.
Yeah... anyone who "top down"s their Bronco regularly is gonna burn up leather fast.

Im in OK and can attest to gallons of leather care used in vain to protect vert leather seats.

For me its vinyl or cloth cause 80% of the time, my Bronco will have no doors and no top... whole reason im buying it.

Vinyl is first choice ?
I'm with you on top and doors off. Love the idea of not having to panic if it rains or gets muddy. That vinyl looks way better than I thought.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am becoming more interested in the Vinyl, but still leary. I had a black '79 Chevy Malibu in high school with black vinyl seats. During the summer time the seats would get so hot it could cause blisters on bare skin.

Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am becoming more interested in the Vinyl, but still leary. I had a black '79 Chevy Malibu in high school with black vinyl seats. During the summer time the seats would get so hot it could cause blisters on bare skin.
Eh... i park in shade most the time.... if at the lake....which describes 90% of my Broncos intended life.... ill toss a towel on it if i cant find shade...

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this on the net....
Marine Vinyl Fabric Provides Protection from the Sun
There is no respite from the sun when your boat is out on an open body of water. Marine vinyl fabric provides protection from the ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. Over time these UV rays break down material.

Marine grade vinyl lasts longer and is resistant to the color fading that plagues many vinyl fabrics that aren’t UV resistant. This makes it ideal for boat seating and cushions as well as awnings and patio umbrellas.

Marine Grade Vinyl is Moisture and Stain Resistant
Because boats operate in high moisture environments they are highly susceptible to mold and mildew. Marine vinyl fabric provides superior moisture resistance and enhances hygiene since it stops fungus and bacteria from growing on your watercraft.

Marine grade vinyl is also stain resistant. Marine vinyl can also last through tens of thousands of abrasion cycles – meaning it won’t wear after multiple cleanings. This makes maintenance and spill cleanup easier and upholstery looking great for a long time. For this reason, marine grade vinyl can also be used for recreational vehicles and motor homes

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ask about the controls for the Power seats in the badlands today an the rep said they made the decision to keep electronics out of the marine vinyl seats. He said if I wanted power seats in the badlands i would have to get leather.
I was a bit disappointed when I heard no power seats with vinyl, but when the rep said that with the leather seats you get carpeted floors , i was back on with vinyl.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just need to keep the wife out. Hate it when she messes with the seats

Sponsored

DaDanny

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can the entire interior get wet if I have MGV? Like if I have the top off and it starts to rain, do I need to panic and get home/covered?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can the entire interior get wet if I have MGV? Like if I have the top off and it starts to rain, do I need to panic and get home/covered?
I imagine as long as the electronics don’t get wet the seats and floor will be just fine with the mgv

DaDanny

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so it's not like I can leave it totally topless and doorless during a rain storm. Not saying I'd do something like that but I wasn't sure.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok so it's not like I can leave it totally topless and doorless during a rain storm. Not saying I'd do something like that but I wasn't sure.
It's possible. We don't really know how the electronics will hold up, but they're supposedly designed for it.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as I can get these seats and interior? I'll be happy! ?
FULL_DASH_C3.jpeg
No shit, why show us something so beautiful that many would pay the upgrade, and then not offer it. Heck they can do this easy in vinyl too.
Sponsored

Last edited: