Sponsored

Plastic to badlands steel rear bumper swap?

JIm Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
JIm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did this swap a month ago. You can buy 2 of the Cheap retaining clips and it will work. I had to trim it a bit to get it to latch with a razor knife. Just test fit it with the bumper off and you will see where you need to trim for it to latch together. Pretty easy and straight forward once it is right in front of you. No need to waste the $80 on the expensive one
Sponsored

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ended up buying the ford part. So yes I overpaid for the retainer.

huntski54

Big Bend
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really glad I found this post. Snagged a “steel” rear off FB marketplace for $100. Went through the pain of taking off my bumper, prepping everything, only to find that the parking sensor brackets were different. No idea why ford would have 4 additional SKUs for basically the same parts, but that’s neither here nor there.

Did you just have to zip tie your original wire harness into the steel bumper? Or are there any other tricks you have with that?

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks 2.7L Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just did this swap a month ago. You can buy 2 of the Cheap retaining clips and it will work. I had to trim it a bit to get it to latch with a razor knife. Just test fit it with the bumper off and you will see where you need to trim for it to latch together. Pretty easy and straight forward once it is right in front of you. No need to waste the $80 on the expensive one
Thank you for your experience and parts list. I have brought the 'cheap' retainers and will update you all on the install when they arrive.
Sponsored