Sponsored

Plastic to badlands steel rear bumper swap?

Jeffola

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2023 Hyundai Santa-Fe, 2019 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was there much difference in weight between the rear steel and plastic bumpers?
Agreed with the next poster. The tears aren’t dramatically different. The capable over the plastic front was heavier, not quite as heavy as the modular.
Sponsored

FoCoBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, X3, MDX, Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently have a non Sas OBX with a steel rear bumper from a Sas Badlands donor. The brackets came with. I used my original sensors and wire harness. I bought new caps to downgrade to the non sas size.
I talked with you before on front bumper and you were very helpful - got plastic swapped for Capable and used same wiring harness. Now planning to swap rear from donor badlands. Ford parts is telling me the wiring harness is different for rear steel vs plastic. Your experience seems to contradict that - I was hoping to use same harness on rear as well. Thanks for any counsel.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I talked with you before on front bumper and you were very helpful - got plastic swapped for Capable and used same wiring harness. Now planning to swap rear from donor badlands. Ford parts is telling me the wiring harness is different for rear steel vs plastic. Your experience seems to contradict that - I was hoping to use same harness on rear as well. Thanks for any counsel.
Same harness.

Aldair_torres

Outer Banks
First Name
Aldair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I currently have a non Sas OBX with a steel rear bumper from a Sas Badlands donor. The brackets came with. I used my original sensors and wire harness. I bought new caps to downgrade to the non sas size.
Oh my lord you just saved my day I was getting crazy, I just bought the Steel Bumper from a Non Sas Badlands swapping it onto my OuterB and I was about to cry right now cause the whole hardware needed was like $850 (Harness, sensors, Retainers) so now you telling me I only have to buy the retainers for the sensor and use my OEM Harness and Sensors that’s sooo Cool. Have you have any issues so far?

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh my lord you just saved my day I was getting crazy, I just bought the Steel Bumper from a Non Sas Badlands swapping it onto my OuterB and I was about to cry right now cause the whole hardware needed was like $850 (Harness, sensors, Retainers) so now you telling me I only have to buy the retainers for the sensor and use my OEM Harness and Sensors that’s sooo Cool. Have you have any issues so far?
None. That same steel rear bumper is now on a Wildtrak without issue. Another steel swap- we did a SAS OBX and he just needed the sensor mounts.

Sponsored

Csolberg

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, Expedition, F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands top is plastic but the bottom is steel. The raptor is actually identical - you wouldn’t think so with the fender flares. They both come with the flares on the back to make it more seamless with sas flares.

IMG_4289.jpeg
Does anyone have the part #s for the end caps need on the sas?

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have the part #s for the end caps need on the sas?

I am doing the same swap right now. These are the part numbers and prices I found on the internet.

Sensor Ring, Inner Left. M2DZ-15K861-CB. $7.17 (x1)

Sensor Ring, Outer Left. M2DZ-15K861-CC. $7.17 (x1)

Sensor Ring, Inner Right. M2DZ-15K861-CD. $7.17 (x1)

Sensor Ring, Outer Right. M2DZ-15K861-CA. $7.17. (x1)

Collar Retainer, Left. M2DZ-15K861-H. $77.60 (x1)

Collar Retainer, Right. M2DZ-15K861-G. $5.29 (x1)

Bumper End Cap Left. M2DZ-17F774-DD. $26.14. (x1) Sas

Bumper End Cap Right. M2DZ-17F774-DC. $26.14. (x1) Sas

Bumper Cover Spacer Panel Clip. W718905-S300 $2.07 (x6)

I couldn't find the part numbers for the collar retainers for the inner right and inner left. I am assuming that they are the same as the ones on that plastic bumper.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am doing the same swap right now. These are the part numbers and prices I found on the internet.

Sensor Ring, Inner Left. M2DZ-15K861-CB. $7.17 (x1)

Sensor Ring, Outer Left. M2DZ-15K861-CC. $7.17 (x1)

Sensor Ring, Inner Right. M2DZ-15K861-CD. $7.17 (x1)

Sensor Ring, Outer Right. M2DZ-15K861-CA. $7.17. (x1)

Collar Retainer, Left. M2DZ-15K861-H. $77.60 (x1)

Collar Retainer, Right. M2DZ-15K861-G. $5.29 (x1)

Bumper End Cap Left. M2DZ-17F774-DD. $26.14. (x1) Sas

Bumper End Cap Right. M2DZ-17F774-DC. $26.14. (x1) Sas

Bumper Cover Spacer Panel Clip. W718905-S300 $2.07 (x6)

I couldn't find the part numbers for the collar retainers for the inner right and inner left. I am assuming that they are the same as the ones on that plastic bumper.

One retainer is absurdly priced. If you get two of the other side it works as that’s what I did. I think the one your ignore is the Collar Retainer, Left for like 80 bucks

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One retainer is absurdly priced. If you get two of the other side it works as that’s what I did. I think the one your ignore is the Collar Retainer, Left for like 80 bucks
I couldn't believe the price. It looks like all of the other ones. But I will give a complete rundown when they get here.

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the steel rear bumper will bolt up to a base model with the plastic bumper without needing any new mounting brackets? I would need the Sas endcaps for the one I found.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are there special bumper endcaps for non-sas broncos? I have a sas takeoff and wondering if all I need to do is remove the sas caps or if they will need replaced with something else.

OP
OP

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are there special bumper endcaps for non-sas broncos? I have a sas takeoff and wondering if all I need to do is remove the sas caps or if they will need replaced with something else.
Non-Sas and Raptor have different end caps. The white plastic retainers that hold them on are super brittle so if you order end caps I'd order a few of those. You have to have the bumper off to remove those caps.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome, thanks!

I ordered some today -

The part numbers for the non-sas steel rear bumper end caps are M2DZ-17F774-CD & M2DZ-17F774-CC in case anybody else needs them.

Last edited:

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the bumper installed and the new keepers for the left and right sensors. Crazy that one side it stupid expensive and the other side was cheap. As far as the middle sensors, they just snap in without needing a retainer on the rear.
The only problem I had was the wire harness on the drivers side wouldn’t release from the body harness. So I damaged the body harness. Now just looking for the part numbers for the connectors inside the harness plug.

IMG_1035.jpeg

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got the bumper installed and the new keepers for the left and right sensors. Crazy that one side it stupid expensive and the other side was cheap. As far as the middle sensors, they just snap in without needing a retainer on the rear.
The only problem I had was the wire harness on the drivers side wouldn’t release from the body harness. So I damaged the body harness. Now just looking for the part numbers for the connectors inside the harness plug.

Ford Bronco Plastic to badlands steel rear bumper swap? IMG_1035
Looks great. I'll be doing this same mod soon on my OBX. So did you end up just buying a duplicate of the cheap retainer clip and it worked? Or did you buy the expensive one? Thank you.
Sponsored