First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2 door badlands with the basic speakers. Is there a simple plug and play speaker system for better sound?
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hate to be that guy, but there are literally hundreds of posts discussing the options, and great diy write ups. Right here in the audio sub forum you posted in. Browse away.

OP
OP
Broncobreath

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate to be that guy, but there are literally hundreds of posts discussing the options, and great diy write ups. Right here in the audio sub forum you posted in. Browse away.
you are correct, but most of them are custom installations with subwoofers. I’m looking for a basic speaker install that would fit in the factory holes and mounts

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm with you on that. Have a base as well & would like a little better sound.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s literally a hundred posts on a plug and play option for better sound
1) using forscan
2) changing speakers
3) adding only an amp
4) adding an amp and changing speakers
5) adding a soundbar
6) adding a subwoofer
7) combinations of these

it boils down to what you wasn’t to spend vs outcome you want

Sponsored

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did a pretty basic upgrade. I replaced all my 4 inch speaks with Powerbass 2xl

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/mobile-audio/2xl-403-4-full-range/

I did add a down-firing 12 inch subwoofer ( JL Audio 12T3-D8 powered by Powerbass XL-2305MX).

I am very happy with the results. I can't turn up the volume past 25 or it starts to hurt my ears...even with the top down going 60MPH and the subwoofer volume rarely goes past 25%....maybe I could have gotten away with an 8 or 10inch woofer. Oh well. ;-)

The stock kick panel speakers are mid-woofers from the factory...so not point in putting coaxials there unless you want to re-wire but I think most people say a tweeter in the footwell is pointless. I left these stock.

My local shop recommend this Powerbass mid-woofer if I wanted to upgrade that speaker.

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/mobile-audio/4xl-65T-65-mid-range/

I was offered the option to add a dedicated amp for the cabin speakers but I don't think I need it.

For the stock six speaker system, most people complain that the highs are muffled and the lows are minimal. This upgrade fixed both of those issues IMHO.

I could've spent a lot more money on another amp, name brand speakers, and a creative placement of the subwoofer (tailgate mount or B&O mount location) but these speakers got high marks for the price and another forum member convinced me to save the money and just do the down-firing subwoofer...I can always spend more money later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncobreath

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for actually giving me a real answer. Everything I’ve been reading, there are no speakers that actually directly plug-in. You’d have to get an aftermarket fitting, true?

Duke460

Outer Banks
First Name
Earle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Go to Crutchfield and type in your vehicle. They will list replacement speakers that fit and provide the plug in wiring adapters.

Hoel and Plug&Play both offer plug and play wiring harness's if you want to add subs.

As others have said there are 100's of posts and videos detailing how to do this..

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a pretty basic upgrade. I replaced all my 4 inch speaks with Powerbass 2xl

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/mobile-audio/2xl-403-4-full-range/

I did add a down-firing 12 inch subwoofer ( JL Audio 12T3-D8 powered by Powerbass XL-2305MX).

I am very happy with the results. I can't turn up the volume past 25 or it starts to hurt my ears...even with the top down going 60MPH and the subwoofer volume rarely goes past 25%....maybe I could have gotten away with an 8 or 10inch woofer. Oh well. ;-)

The stock kick panel speakers are mid-woofers from the factory...so not point in putting coaxials there unless you want to re-wire but I think most people say a tweeter in the footwell is pointless. I left these stock.

My local shop recommend this Powerbass mid-woofer if I wanted to upgrade that speaker.

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/products/mobile-audio/4xl-65T-65-mid-range/

I was offered the option to add a dedicated amp for the cabin speakers but I don't think I need it.

For the stock six speaker system, most people complain that the highs are muffled and the lows are minimal. This upgrade fixed both of those issues IMHO.

I could've spent a lot more money on another amp, name brand speakers, and a creative placement of the subwoofer (tailgate mount or B&O mount location) but these speakers got high marks for the price and another forum member convinced me to save the money and just do the down-firing subwoofer...I can always spend more money later.
I have PB speakers in my F150 and love them. Glad I saw this post as I was getting ready to call PB to see what speakers they'd recommend for my Base build.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I first started with replacing the dash speakers with 4" Kicker 47KSC404 w/ 300 hz bass blockers

Then I changed out the kick panel speakers to 6.75" Kicker 47KSC6704's

Next step was adding a Kicker Key 200.4 amplifier with a Plug n Play harness plus the Kicker tuning process

Last night I (almost) finished installing a Kicker 11HS8 hideaway in the factory sub location, also with a Plug n Play wiring harness - had a bit more trouble with this install than I did when I installed another 11HS8 in my '97 Tracker, but I think I've gotten it figured out now

My next step is probably going to be waiting for Mabett to release his rear speaker pod replacements so that I can put 6.5" speakers back there

Beyond this, I'll likely look into some of the ForScan changes to further improve the sound system, but that's not too high on my list at the moment

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My plan, which will be executed this weekend:

1 - Focal ACX-100 4" speakers in the dash and rear pods.
2 - Focal RCX-165 6.5" speakers in the kick panels.
3 - Metra S-6600 6.5" speaker adapters to install the kick panel speakers.
4 - Speaker harness adapters with 300 Hz bass blockers for the 4" speakers and adapters without bass blockers for the kick panel speakers, from fast-daddy on eBay (I think he's a member here).
5 - Two Forscan changes to the ACM. Change 727-01-01 to xx00 xxxx xxxx, and 727-01-02 to 0900 xxxx xxxx.
6 - ?
7 - Profit.

JR

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for actually giving me a real answer. Everything I’ve been reading, there are no speakers that actually directly plug-in. You’d have to get an aftermarket fitting, true?
You are correct - you will need adaptors for any aftermarket speaker. I got mine from Saleen - they were pricey, but allowed for true plug/play and Saleen is just down the street from my house :)

There are other options as well - Crutchfield actually has the 6.5 adaptors; it's the adaptors for the 4" speakers that you may have to go elsewhere for. Not sure if that's changed (I got mine back in April). Edit - just checked the Crutchfield site - they do NOT have adaptors available for the dash and rear pod speakers; Saleen, the Amazon guy (should be able to find him via search) and splicing will be your best bet.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just replaced all 6 of mine with Kicker CS speakers. If you order from crutchfield, you will get everything you need for the kick panel speakers for free (adapters and wiring harnesses) I also ordered two sets of the new 4" speaker wiring harnesses from plug n play kits so I didn't have to do any splicing for the front and rear. All in it was like $230 I think. Sound is deff a bit better than stock.

OP
OP
Broncobreath

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just replaced all 6 of mine with Kicker CS speakers. If you order from crutchfield, you will get everything you need for the kick panel speakers for free (adapters and wiring harnesses) I also ordered two sets of the new 4" speaker wiring harnesses from plug n play kits so I didn't have to do any splicing for the front and rear. All in it was like $230 I think. Sound is deff a bit better than stock.
Thank you, great advise
Sponsored