Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Over the past few days, I changed the 2 lines on Forscan, and upgraded the 4" speakers to Powerbass 2XL-403's, $55 a pair. I also got the speaker adapters on Ebay from Fast Daddy. Install was easy, had to 'modify' the speakers a touch by bending 2 of the mounting tabs, but that's it, literally spent 5 minutes per speaker. Spent more time finding my tools! I also bout the 2Xl-653 6.5" speakers for the kick panels, but haven't had a chance to install those yet.

I'll say that the Forscan changes and the new 4" speakers are light years better than the stock stereo. I went with Powerbass because I used them in my F150 and love them. I had Kickers in my F150, but the Powerbass just sounded better, so I'm happy.
Sponsored

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you tell me which speakers you replaced, any links to what you ordered, and was it basically plug and play with all this?
I went with these:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091ACX100/Focal-ACX-100.html?tp=105
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_091RCX165/Focal-RCX-165.html?tp=105

The kick panel was plug and play with the supplied harness from crutchfield. The others I just spliced in myself. Overall it was pretty simple. The worst part was the drivers side kick panel trim removal.

OP
OP
Broncobreath

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Over the past few days, I changed the 2 lines on Forscan, and upgraded the 4" speakers to Powerbass 2XL-403's, $55 a pair. I also got the speaker adapters on Ebay from Fast Daddy. Install was easy, had to 'modify' the speakers a touch by bending 2 of the mounting tabs, but that's it, literally spent 5 minutes per speaker. Spent more time finding my tools! I also bout the 2Xl-653 6.5" speakers for the kick panels, but haven't had a chance to install those yet.

I'll say that the Forscan changes and the new 4" speakers are light years better than the stock stereo. I went with Powerbass because I used them in my F150 and love them. I had Kickers in my F150, but the Powerbass just sounded better, so I'm happy.
Did you ever get around to installing the Powerbass in to the kick panels? If so, how do you like the sound now?

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you ever get around to installing the Powerbass in to the kick panels? If so, how do you like the sound now?
I did, but honestly, I'm not too impressed. I might need to play around a little in Forscan to fix it, but just haven't had the time. Maybe it's just the vehicle characteristics, but the PowerBass speakers I've used in my past 2 F150's sounded MUCH better.

Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did, but honestly, I'm not too impressed. I might need to play around a little in Forscan to fix it, but just haven't had the time. Maybe it's just the vehicle characteristics, but the PowerBass speakers I've used in my past 2 F150's sounded MUCH better.
Thanks for the reply! Yea, I’ve read that an Amp is needed if you want to replace the kick panel speakers with aftermarket to get their full potential. Just wanted to see if you had experienced anything different.

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for actually giving me a real answer. Everything I’ve been reading, there are no speakers that actually directly plug-in. You’d have to get an aftermarket fitting, true?
Go to Crutchfield, I have used them for years. They will help you with everything you need once you punch in the vehicle you are fitting the speakers.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the reply! Yea, I’ve read that an Amp is needed if you want to replace the kick panel speakers with aftermarket to get their full potential. Just wanted to see if you had experienced anything different.
I heard that as well, but then a member in my mid-atlantic group mentioned he went with a set of Memphis MJP6 pros for the kick panel - they have an unbelievably high efficiency rating 100db so they actually work well with the factory B&O amp - I will be installing them this weekend as well - rounding out the rest of the speakers I already replaced. Hopefully it's as noticeable as he said as I will not be adding another amp for the fronts.
Sponsored