Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX High Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just received my Diode Dynamics Max and Pro triple lights from 4x4LED.com in two days from ordering. Very nice kit but I am not sure about the best way to wire to have the backlights on when the vehicle is on? Do I wire it to the aux switch and just leave it on or add it to the fuse block ? Also, can a ten amp aux switch handle two pairs of the SCC2 Pros? I looked at amperage specs and its close. I am new to this, thanks for any suggestions.
I don't know if 4x4leds offers something similar ( i poked around their site and didn't see anything) but this is the cleanest/easiest option i've found. Just wires them into the headlights so that they are tied to the orange parking lights

https://specialtyperformanceparts.c...kers-spv-harness-system-works-w-many-vehicles
Sponsored

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just received my Diode Dynamics Max and Pro triple lights from 4x4LED.com in two days from ordering. Very nice kit but I am not sure about the best way to wire to have the backlights on when the vehicle is on? Do I wire it to the aux switch and just leave it on or add it to the fuse block ? Also, can a ten amp aux switch handle two pairs of the SCC2 Pros? I looked at amperage specs and its close. I am new to this, thanks for any suggestions.
We sell the kit so that the back-lighting is controlled from a switch. You can also easily use an add-a-fuse tap to have the back-lighting come on when the truck is on. Pretty simple and they are like $5 or so. Just crimp the back-light wire onto the add-a-fuse circuit, install it. You want a MICRO fuse tap and these are what we use:

We buy them as 10 packs for $10

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085GKQC8J

We like to have it controlled from an aux switch because it's safer. I'm not 100% sure the legality in THAT many lights with amber back-lighting. Not sure if there is a limit but that's why we sell our kits with it on a switch and we don't sell them with the "automatic on" function. Not worth the legality risk. BUT as I said, the add-a-fuse taps will solve your issue :)

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About to pull the trigger on the following, anyone have any thoughts if this is a good pair to go with for general use. Mostly on-road, back country with dark streets. Trails are mostly daytime so it would be 99% street use.

Diode Dynamics Triple Fog Light Kit w/KR Off-Road Bezel/Flush Brackets for 2021+ Ford Bronco (HD Modular Bumper)
  • SS3 Max, White SAE Fog
  • SSC2 Pro, White Combo
  • SSC2 Pro, White Spot

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com is there a beam pattern image for diode dynamic flood/spot/fog/driving/combo.

Too many choices :) unsure what beam pattern to choose.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a good setup without breaking the bank. My favorite setup though is

SS3 Combo
SSC2 Pro White Fog
SSC2 Pro Yellow Fog

I'll leave the Combos up to you as far as Sport/Pro/Max since it would be an off-road light. I always tell folks spend the extra $$ on SSC2 Pro since it's a smaller light the extra power is worth it. Yellow and White fogs let you have fogs for good and bad weather
Which pattern ditch light would you choose if I go with this set up for fogs? I want all DD to get the backlighting on all.

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I pulled the trigger on the Baja Designs lights.

-Squadron Amber
-Pro Spot
-Pro Cornering

Thank you Adam, from 4x4TruckLeds, and thank you to all of my fellow Forum members for all of your assistance.

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com on your website it mention to flip the bezel/lens on the ssc2 fog diode dynamic. Is this the same case for for the spot and combo lens ssc2? I noticed that when mount it to the bracket the lens is upside down for the ssc2 lights. Not sure if it matters.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com on your website it mention to flip the bezel/lens on the ssc2 fog diode dynamic. Is this the same case for for the spot and combo lens ssc2? I noticed that when mount it to the bracket the lens is upside down for the ssc2 lights. Not sure if it matters.
No need to on those lenses. Just the fog. It's not a bad idea to flip the bezel though so the logo is right side up but not required.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 20221217_114338

I got my lights installed and functional, but how the heck do you all aim these things? I can't fit any sort of allen key in there. Do you all have tips or am I pulling this thing off after each one is aimed?

Last edited:
OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper 20221217_114338

I got my lights installed and functional, but how the heck do you all aim these things? I can't fit any sort of allen key in there. Do you all have tips or am I pulling this thing off after each one is aimed?
Did you ever figure out the best way to aim the lights once installed? @4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure what you mean? The lights get aimed based on what lights you select.
How do you adjust the lights to make the beams even with an Allen wrench that will not fit between the brackets once you have them installed.
Sponsored