Sponsored

POLL: Does your spouse know you're buying a Bronco?

Does your spouse know you're buying a Bronco?

• Yes

• No, so don't tell them

Results are only viewable after voting.

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally, I started following the rumors of a new Bronco with the thought that my husband would be able to (replace isn't the right word, because his '71 was irreplaceable, but not sure the right word here) get a new one. When it came down to reservation day, he had decided he wasn't really interested in getting one until they had all the kinks worked out in a few years. He didn't even watch the launch video. Well, I watched it, and felt my heart pounding as I totally fell in love with the 2 door! And a MANUAL! I had to have one! Decided that I *might* let him ride in it occasionally, and battled the crashing website for almost 2 hours, until I typed in my credit card number to secure my 7/13 reservation at 10:22PM. He acted like he was sick of me talking about it, but I've noticed a few Facebook brags he's been making to his Jeep-loving friends now that I've placed my order.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife doesn't know, because I don't know. When there's an actual Bronco to test drive and buy, then I'll cross that bridge. :)

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She
No, I'm retired with a grandkid. But my buddy is a piece of work. Don't know if there will be much of an update. She will most likely never find out about the Bronco. She's pretty clueless, or she's just come to accept his ways.

she has her own side piece, sometimes ignorance is bliss , I guess

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife just inherited $400,000....one of her first comments was, ”Now I can buy that Bronco for you. “......yes dear , thank you : )

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty funny but just have to say maybe some guys are marrying the wrong women if everything is a contest
We’re a bit unique. Both work really hard in demanding professions (banker/lawyer). Two alphas...Plus she has the double duty of also being a mom. So if I treat myself to something I could see why she wouldn’t want to get the short end of the stick. Id be the same way if I were in her shoes...if not worse.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a buddy back in Texas that has not told his wife that he's getting a new Bronco. He doesn't post here, that I know of. He's getting a fully loaded 2 door carbonized grey sasquatched Badlands, with a ton of accessories.

He has a company provided truck that is his daily driver, and he plans on parking his Bronco at the office when he gets it, and never bringing it home. Yeah, yeah, I know, I keep telling him that this is no way to have a marriage, but it's his life. Besides our other friends and I get a huge kick out of shenanigans with his wife.

They've got 3 kids ranging in ages 13 to 6. He regularly tells his wife that he has to travel for work, but actually just takes PTO and gets away by himself to go fishing, hunting, the beach, etc. to get away from the family for a while. He's got a great job, and makes a good living, but just misses his single lifestyle every once in a while.
T R O U B L E

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeesh. My wife knows and had zero option of telling me no.... but to not tell her? Lol

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will not be telling her until I bring it home. As I did it with my Mustang. I gave her a Shock and Surprise when I traded our 1 year old Accord.

This time it will be Fusion's turn to get traded for Bronco.

Good thing is we have a Pilot and basically Fusion is my DD and occasionally my Wife could drive it for the Cool Factor. So its a Win-Win.

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, she knows, lol. I’m sure she is sick of hearing about it. But what is amazing is that she thinks I should get the Sasquatch package! I’m keeping her!
Ford Bronco POLL: Does your spouse know you're buying a Bronco? 9A6BC479-B329-413F-8D06-445421A40988

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same, I told my wife I wanted to get KC lights for it a few days ago and today she was like 'hey shouldn't you order those lights so you'll have them when the Bronco gets here'
Nice. My wife is like that too, and my name is Hank so must be something with our magic name LOL

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My birthday cake from my wife recently. Yeah....she knows and has heard enough about it for six months.
Ford Bronco POLL: Does your spouse know you're buying a Bronco? C1AD8884-01D9-4142-9567-14DDE9C23F75

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Originally, I started following the rumors of a new Bronco with the thought that my husband would be able to (replace isn't the right word, because his '71 was irreplaceable, but not sure the right word here) get a new one. When it came down to reservation day, he had decided he wasn't really interested in getting one until they had all the kinks worked out in a few years. He didn't even watch the launch video. Well, I watched it, and felt my heart pounding as I totally fell in love with the 2 door! And a MANUAL! I had to have one! Decided that I *might* let him ride in it occasionally, and battled the crashing website for almost 2 hours, until I typed in my credit card number to secure my 7/13 reservation at 10:22PM. He acted like he was sick of me talking about it, but I've noticed a few Facebook brags he's been making to his Jeep-loving friends now that I've placed my order.
You win the "cool wife" award for B6G.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I reserved in late September. Told my wife on January 1st. She was good with it. I already have three cars and she has two...
Sponsored