Sponsored

Who else has a spouse that indulges you and your automotive obsessions?

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved a Big Bend....My wife talked me into upgrading to the Wildtrak! That was an amazing conversation. :cool::love:
Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Wife genuinely surprised me on this one. She knows I've been intent on obtaining a Bronco for years and years now, but, I thought I'd really have to talk her into springing for a 2021 model. I was talking to her about it and jokingly made mention of reserving a 2-door...She looked me dead in the eye and told me that it's gonna have to be a 4-door for more room and automatic so she can drive it too. *laughs* I reserved one right after that!

She surprised me further when I told her I was aiming to trade in my Jeep (we both own Jeep Patriots) along with saving up for a big down payment when the time comes. She stopped me and asked why we're trading in my Jeep and not hers. I told her that since it was hers I wasn't wanting to trade it in on the Bronco. She shut me down and told me we are trading in her Jeep since it's paid off already, we don't use it near as much anymore, and neither of us really care for the CVT transmission in her vehicle....Plus, she noted again that she's wanting to drive this Bronco as well! ....and that was final.

I am incredibly lucky to have her in my life, I love this Woman!

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Currently single life....but... would very much appreciate someone who is patient with me for track days and garage nights with the cobra... also someone who would be stoked to jump on in the Bronco and dissapear for a long weekend of backcountry overlanding..... as long as they don’t expect to drive. ? Jk. Congrats on your spouses. That kind of support and encouragement is a rarity. And awesome! I applaud your wives/husbands! ?
Don't know if you've been out west but you might meet that special someone at some favorite 4x4/outdoor sports spots. There is always a big event in MOAB easter time (you can take off road lessons there or arrange a rafting trip down the green river). Check out other events that are happening in the CA Sierra (you can sign up for a tour of the Rubicon or take in Emerald Bay @ Lake Tahoe). Or WY (Jackson Hole), ID (Ketchum/Sun Valley), UT (Park City), CO (Leadville), or AZ (Prescott.) Nothing wrong with the east (I'm from there).

Your next adventure ... sitting under a rock hugging a tree and eating stone ground wheat looking for a shooting star between the waves of the Aurora Borealis. Big Sky Country (at least on vacation)!

PS: My wife of 34 years humors my automotive passions and BS as well. lol

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Put a SpeedHut gps speedo in our C10 when were getting it running. It records overall top speed in addition to elapsed times 1/4 mile etc achieved. I am do not hold all those titles on the truck.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife puts up with me. :) She gets it, but definitely is responsible for keeping me centered. Otherwise I'd have another 427 Cobra kit in the garage right now! :)

But instead, I've been working on this baby the past couple weeks.

1595275505097.png

IMG_20200801_073841_488.jpg

Not a dig but what does that 427 kit car have for an engine ??? I have seen a lot of kits say 427 but have a small block they just use the 427 nomenclature for the body style not engine size.

My point being the is nothing that sounds or performs better than a side-oiler, 4spd, side piped Cobra that screams I AM THE KING !!!!! :D

Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know if you've been out west but you might meet that special someone at some favorite 4x4/outdoor sports spots. There is always a big event in MOAB easter time (you can take off road lessons there or arrange a rafting trip down the green river). Check out other events that are happening in the CA Sierra (you can sign up for a tour of the Rubicon or take in Emerald Bay @ Lake Tahoe). Or WY (Jackson Hole), ID (Ketchum/Sun Valley), UT (Park City), CO (Leadville), or AZ (Prescott.) Nothing wrong with the east (I'm from there).

Your next adventure ... sitting under a rock hugging a tree and eating stone ground wheat looking for a shooting star between the waves of the Aurora Borealis. Big Sky Country (at least on vacation)!

PS: My wife of 34 years humors my automotive passions and BS as well. lol

Yes! THIS. I’m not planning on finding my mountain man out here in NJ...but you never know. ?‍♀ I just moved from out West where I was for about 10 years between CO, OR, WA and NorCal. Spent some great times in Moab camping, biking and skydiving...and a year living in a rooftop tent through all of the above spots you mentioned. It’s definitely “home” for me. Right now schedule is pretty tight working as an ER doc finishing training. I’m lucky if I see the blue sky between 80-90 hour work weeks. I’m still dreaming in a short year after I take Bronco delivery I will be permanently relocating back out West (hopefully)! Thank you for your kind advice and cheers to that adventure lady you’ve got there!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have a spouse or partner thats into the same things. A best friend. A soul mate. Ive never been lucky enough to find this. Always ended up with the opposite. They say opposites attract. Whoever made up that quote is an absolute idiot. I say they may attract but they don't stay together. Trust me I know first hand. For those of you lucky enough to find your soul mate your truly blessed.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes! THIS. I’m not planning on finding my mountain man out here in NJ...but you never know. ?‍♀ I just moved from out West where I was for about 10 years between CO, OR, WA and NorCal. Spent some great times in Moab camping, biking and skydiving...and a year living in a rooftop tent through all of the above spots you mentioned. It’s definitely “home” for me. Right now schedule is pretty tight working as an ER doc finishing training. I’m lucky if I see the blue sky between 80-90 hour work weeks. I’m still dreaming in a short year after I take Bronco delivery I will be permanently relocating back out West (hopefully)! Thank you for your kind advice and cheers to that adventure lady you’ve got there!
Besides an Engineering Degree I also had soft brain disease and got an RN (that's another boring story). Anyway, my kids attended the University of Utah (me Utah State) and recently I had the occassion to have a detached retina at a U football game follwed by a resection of small intestine the following year. Both emergency situations that occurred away from home and in SLC. Treated at the University of Utah Medical Center. What an absolutely great new wonderful place to be a patient and I imagine practice medicine. You may want to check out. As a PS I met a lot of single good looking healthy fit male and female MD's there Jocks and Jockettes (it's the weather you know and that dry snow or was it the oxy?). My great looking smart intelligent daughters are jockettes and my son married one too! Me, I'm old fat and getting older and fatter. Kinda like one of those songs of the Boss or the Piano Man.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I’m in this camp. I have an amazing wife. My main hobby is mountain biking, which you would think is inexpensive, but it isn’t for an addict.

I kinda lucked out on the bronco because it was her first vehicle. So she has a soft spot for them.she was totally on board with reserving one. I was still being cautious and reserved the black diamond, sisnt

She asked me today “why didn’t you reserve the First Edition”....

so now maybe the bad lands, fully loaded!?

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep my hubby fully supports my Bronco obsession and convinced me to order the FE. He also listens/watches every day when I show him all the posts and pictures on here :ROFLMAO: Of course I equally support his sport car obsession! We're already planning all sorts of shenanigans when the Bronco comes in. So lucky to be married to my best friend and partner in crime!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaverickMan

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a dig but what does that 427 kit car have for an engine ??? I have seen a lot of kits say 427 but have a small block they just use the 427 nomenclature for the body style not engine size.

My point being the is nothing that sounds or performs better than a side-oiler, 4spd, side piped Cobra that screams I AM THE KING !!!!! :D
Usually those small block cobras atleast have the decency to build it a 427 stroked windsor. More pull, less push but it beats anything with a SBC!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife puts up with me. :) She gets it, but definitely is responsible for keeping me centered. Otherwise I'd have another 427 Cobra kit in the garage right now! :)

But instead, I've been working on this baby the past couple weeks.

1595275505097.png

IMG_20200801_073841_488.jpg
i spy the 10mm socket lol

Aubie

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a wife that ends up loving my vehicle more than I do and takes it over. She has done that with my Ram Rebel I had and is currently doing the same with the JL Rubicon Jeep I have. Told her "I am getting the Bronco and it is mine, you are not driving it. MINE!"

She drives my vehicles more because I am currently out of country, hence why she ends up loving it more than I do. By the time I get my Bronco I will be stateside permanently.