Sponsored

Has anyone purchased a Bronco that someone else reserved?

ICS

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model S, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello,

Has anyone purchased a Bronco that someone else reserved but no longer wants? I have the opportunity to purchase a WildTrak that is on the way to the dealer from Michigan. The original buyer no longer wants it, because after waiting for so long they bought something else.

The dealer said they aren't permitted to sell it to anyone else other than the original party. They would have to purchase it first, and then sell it to me. It's annoying because we'd both have to pay sales tax, and the car would have 2 owners on the title before it has 100 miles on it (and it would be considered a used car for financing purposes).

Any advise?
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The dealership just wants to be able to sell it with ADM to a walk in customer.

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello,

Has anyone purchased a Bronco that someone else reserved but no longer wants? I have the opportunity to purchase a WildTrak that is on the way to the dealer from Michigan. The original buyer no longer wants it, because after waiting for so long they bought something else.

The dealer said they aren't permitted to sell it to anyone else other than the original party. They would have to purchase it first, and then sell it to me. It's annoying because we'd both have to pay sales tax, and the car would have 2 owners on the title before it has 100 miles on it (and it would be considered a used car for financing purposes).

Any advise?
That's not true. I placed an order for big bend but let my dealer know that if anything came in that was similar I would be interested. Got a call that they had an outer banks that was ordered but the person did not want it anymore. It was basically my build minus aux switches. I bought if directly from the dealership with a very amall ADM just like any other car. I never dealt with whoever order it

Plus, the dealership never canceled my original order. They then sold that to someone else. Not sue who as i was not part of the deal

Sponsored

astuart

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have the original reservation holder lease the Bronco and then sell it to you and take over the payments. Then you 2 won’t be taxed twice. Questions is, do you know this person and can work out a deal where you pay the sales tax upfront to make it happen?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought somebody Else’s reservation. They decided they didn’t want it. Dealer charged me $5k over

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's not true. I placed an order for big bend but let my dealer know that if anything came in that was similar I would be interested. Got a call that they had an outer banks that was ordered but the person did not want it anymore. It was basically my build minus aux switches. I bought if directly from the dealership with a very amall ADM just like any other car. I never dealt with whoever order it

Plus, the dealership never canceled my original order. They then sold that to someone else. Not sue who as i was not part of the deal
Similar here. I still have an order but have been driving my OBX w/ Squatch for a week and a half. It was an abandoned order. I need to decide if I cancel my order or abandon it. Or adjust to my brother's spec and buy it for him (and get paid back).

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing true about that. Many people have bought abandoned reservation Broncos from the dealer.

pfyfe

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Mark,
I have some information that may help. I just recently went through the situation you are dealing with. I was not a registered member of this forum until a few minutes ago, but have followed it for a couple years. I am a 10/3/20 reservation holder, placed order 2/22/21, reordered 10/14/21. I have gained so much knowledge from the fine people on this forum, that I felt obligated to share what i know. Like so many others I was waiting patiently for the day my Bronco would show up. I was starting to feel like it was going to be towards the end of the year (if not later) that I would ever see it. Out of the blue my salesman calls me and tells me he has a Badlands that is exactly the way I configured mine, only a different color, that another customer backed out of. Needless to say, I jumped on it.

What your dealer told you is partially true, they have a stringent policy from Ford (cni.dealerconnection.com/broncosalesmatch/docs/EFC09470%20Bronco%20Customer%20Name%20Match%20Audit%20&%20Integrity%20Policy%20Reporting.pdf), that they have to follow. I was able to find it on the internet. The policy requires them to match reservations to reservation holders per the policy in the previous sentence in parenthesis. Otherwise they are penalized. There are some situations where they are able to appeal the policy. One of them is if a customer declines delivery.

Please forgive me if the above document does not work as a link, i am old and not that tech savvy.
I was able to pick up the Badlands at msrp, that is the 2022 msrp, not the 2021 msrp, in other words $825 more.
The price protection Ford gives only applies to your original reservation/order, and I was not able to use it against this Badlands.

So I guess it comes down to...if the Bronco they are offering you suits you, and you can purchase at an agreeable price (preferably msrp), I would consider it, might be your only shot at one this year, depending on all the variables. You know; reservation time stamp, constraints, dealer allocation...and all that.

As far as your original reservation/order, it is still yours, and is tied to your name. It is yours to do with as you wish.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^^^ I wasn't able to open that document, but overall Steve summed it up well.
Ford did initially require that 80% of Broncos needed to be delivered to the original reservation holder. If not, the dealership would be penalized.
Ford changed the rules (as usual), and reduced the amount to 60%.

What the dealership told you does not sound accurate to me. They can certainly sell it to you without the double sale. They may be in a position where they are under the 60% requirement and may be facing penalties, but selling the vehicle to themselves first would not affect the Ford requirement that Broncos need to be delivered to original reservatin holder.

While your dealer certainly is either 1) misinformed, or 2) making stuff up, if you can get the Bronco for a fair price, I would go for it.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What your dealer told you is partially true, they have a stringent policy from Ford
While Ford does have a name match policy in place, I wouldn't exactly call it stringent. As pointed out, it was originally an 80% match that got reduced to 60% and was calculated on a 2 or 3 month average. Or, they can sell 4 out of 10 Broncos to buyers that aren't the original res holder.

Sounds like your dealer may have gotten a bit greedy at the beginning of the year and already exceeded that limit. If this is the case, it might be possible to have them hold it another month until they get back into the green zone to avoid any penalties.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Original order holder does not have to buy the Bronco first in order to please Ford’s policy. If the original order holder died, per your sales rep, I suppose a family member would have to submit a death certificate in order for the Bronco to be sold. The crap these sales folks come up with is amazing.

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought someone elses res. I know this may shock people but your dealer is lying... I know, if you have to sit down for a moment, do it, but it's true, they are simply lying to you. I'll make a note, this is the first time a dealer has lied to anyone (in this particular nanosecond).

ok, maybe I'm a bit snarky today. But wow, dealers are as a whole, a huge pile of @#$$@. I've been increadibly lucky with the 2 I'm dealing with, both have been great, but as a group, ugh, scum.

Last edited:

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought an abandoned special order, from the dealer, with no problem. that dealer is full of it.
Sponsored