Sponsored

Has anyone purchased a Bronco that someone else reserved?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish I could buy someone else's Bronco they didn't want - but every single dealership I have talked to is asking 15-30k ADM. Amazing some people that are finding 5k ADM deals.
Sponsored

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So mine came in when I was on vacation. They called I said I'm on vacation see you in a week don't sell it out from under me. They told me they couldn't sell it without me signing off on it if I refuse it or didn't want it. They said if I wasn't around to take my order it would take a couple months of paper work before they could sell it. The dealer have an agreement with ford that has to do with there allocations. And it is a process when someone backs out or goes MIA on there order. So what there saying does make sense. But you should be able to put a deposit down on it have them process the failed sale of the orderor and you should be able to take it.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good forbid what if someone passed away while waiting. What then put it out back on the lot and sit on it. No they have a process.

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer is charging 25 over for all models on the lot right now. And all the stock units they get in they are putting lift kits rims aftermarket and or roush performance packages on them no just stock units.

Sponsored

pfyfe

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading my post again, using the word stringent was not a good choice, thanks for the correction! It was way past my bedtime when I was typing it out. I also should have stated the fact that the dealers don't have to honor the policy and I'm sure some won't . Again sorry about the link, if you search engine it using EFC09470 you should be able to find the document.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep… sure did. Picked it up 4 March 2022. No issues, hassles, or markups.

D9560A3C-53D7-48AB-A3C2-389607B092DF.jpeg

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I purchased one for my wife in December that someone else reserved and hen didn't want. The dealer just needed them to sign off that they were no longer wanted it and then I was able to purchase it.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello,

Has anyone purchased a Bronco that someone else reserved but no longer wants? I have the opportunity to purchase a WildTrak that is on the way to the dealer from Michigan. The original buyer no longer wants it, because after waiting for so long they bought something else.

The dealer said they aren't permitted to sell it to anyone else other than the original party. They would have to purchase it first, and then sell it to me. It's annoying because we'd both have to pay sales tax, and the car would have 2 owners on the title before it has 100 miles on it (and it would be considered a used car for financing purposes).

Any advise?
It sounds to me like the dealer is trying to make sure that they meet their allocation numbers for Ford Corporate.

Think of it this way... If the Wildtrack shows up, the dealer cannot force the original person to buy it. So if they don't, will the dealer really just let it sit forever, unable to sell it to anyone? NO.

They can sell it to whoever they want, but its better for the dealer to sell it to the original party.. Just keep in mind that the dealer can also mark it up as much as they want.

OP
OP

ICS

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model S, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey Mark,
I have some information that may help. I just recently went through the situation you are dealing with. I was not a registered member of this forum until a few minutes ago, but have followed it for a couple years. I am a 10/3/20 reservation holder, placed order 2/22/21, reordered 10/14/21. I have gained so much knowledge from the fine people on this forum, that I felt obligated to share what i know. Like so many others I was waiting patiently for the day my Bronco would show up. I was starting to feel like it was going to be towards the end of the year (if not later) that I would ever see it. Out of the blue my salesman calls me and tells me he has a Badlands that is exactly the way I configured mine, only a different color, that another customer backed out of. Needless to say, I jumped on it.

What your dealer told you is partially true, they have a stringent policy from Ford (cni.dealerconnection.com/broncosalesmatch/docs/EFC09470%20Bronco%20Customer%20Name%20Match%20Audit%20&%20Integrity%20Policy%20Reporting.pdf), that they have to follow. I was able to find it on the internet. The policy requires them to match reservations to reservation holders per the policy in the previous sentence in parenthesis. Otherwise they are penalized. There are some situations where they are able to appeal the policy. One of them is if a customer declines delivery.

Please forgive me if the above document does not work as a link, i am old and not that tech savvy.
I was able to pick up the Badlands at msrp, that is the 2022 msrp, not the 2021 msrp, in other words $825 more.
The price protection Ford gives only applies to your original reservation/order, and I was not able to use it against this Badlands.

So I guess it comes down to...if the Bronco they are offering you suits you, and you can purchase at an agreeable price (preferably msrp), I would consider it, might be your only shot at one this year, depending on all the variables. You know; reservation time stamp, constraints, dealer allocation...and all that.

As far as your original reservation/order, it is still yours, and is tied to your name. It is yours to do with as you wish.

Hope that helps, and good luck.
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide that information. It is helpful.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ICS

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model S, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I purchased one for my wife in December that someone else reserved and hen didn't want. The dealer just needed them to sign off that they were no longer wanted it and then I was able to purchase it.
Our dealer is not making it that easy for us unfortunately.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just bought a green sticker Big Bend off the lot, I did go $5k over sticker. I trust this one is a refusal as it's pretty Basic. Another 3 people showed up while I was signing paperwork to buy it...

Another local dealer is selling every bronco that comes through their door for the highest price. I pretty sure I made an offer on a vehicle that was stolen out from under another forum member.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whoever told you that is lying, or just plain ignorant. However, he may be looking for a way to throw a hefty ADM on that incoming Bronco. You're correct, the name match is at 60% now. If he's under that I would be surprised. I'd sit back down with them, and have a little come to Jesus meeting with them. Show them you know more than they do in a tactful manner, and the light just may come on in their big ol' dumb heads. Good luck.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep… sure did. Picked it up 4 March 2022. No issues, hassles, or markups.

Ford Bronco Has anyone purchased a Bronco that someone else reserved? D9560A3C-53D7-48AB-A3C2-389607B092DF
Did you add those tires, rims and flares or did they come from the dealer that way?
Sponsored