Sponsored

Poll: hard top color preference demographics

What color hardtop do you want? What is your age?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t understand the white top fanaticism either but to each their own, may be a nostalgia thing.
It's definitely nostalgia. White tops were offered on Broncos from its inception to its discontinuation.
Sponsored

Reactions: RG7

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we get a white top option I really hope it's MiC and not painted.
My only worry about the MIC tops is if they are like Coleman/Igloo coolers where every bit of dirt shows easily and they are a PITA to fully clean. I'm trusting Ford wouldn't make that mistake.

Also, I think the grey top doesn't work with the Cactus Grey paint. White or body color are really the only good options with Cactus Grey.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just guessing, but thinking that strongest correlation with top color choice will be how strong the sun shines where you are. Down here, you're made of pretty stout stuff if you've got a black truck that sits in the sun all day.

Ford Bronco Poll: hard top color preference demographics nrel_solar_resource_chart_wordpress-600x370

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus gray and white are close to each other in luminance that a quick glance registers as “same color,” yet different enough that I find the pairing very jarring.
You aren't looking at the right pics! :LOL:
Ford Bronco Poll: hard top color preference demographics Cactus Gray 4 Door Bronco Sasquatch at Ford Plant Factory 1

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I think the grey top doesn't work with the Cactus Grey paint. White or body color are really the only good options with Cactus Grey.
I think the gray top looks great on Cactus Gray. The different shades really make it work for me.

I wonder what carbonized gray with the gray top will look like? I'm picturing... not good. Simultaneously too close and too far apart. :confused:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lol good for you, it’s not that scary. I was merely just poking fun anyways but for the ‘most’ part it’s the younger crowd that accepts it. I mean I’ve had a cellphone since i was like 13 lmao.
NEWS FLASH: Technology was not invented in the 2000's. It's roots, the IC chip, go back to the 1960's.

41+ here, 100% all technology, including the Lux package.

OP
OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
You aren't looking at the right pics! :LOL:
Cactus Gray 4 Door Bronco Sasquatch at Ford Plant Factory 1.jpg
That’s not enough contrast for me. The two colors are almost indistinguishable. I have the same contrast issue with white tops and Cyber Orange — two pale colors next to each other.

There’s also the Creamsicle factor with orange and white...

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the gray top looks great on Cactus Gray. The different shades really make it work for me.

I wonder what carbonized gray with the gray top will look like? I'm picturing... not good. Simultaneously too close and too far apart. :confused:
The MiC gray is cabonized gray. So it is the cheapest way to get a body color hard top. ;)

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i'm old, like the tech, and not a fan at all of the retro look.
I'm 51. Love tech. Just don't want it in my vehicles. The less electrical and computer controlled crap to go wrong, the better. And love the retro look.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My only worry about the MIC tops is if they are like Coleman/Igloo coolers where every bit of dirt shows easily and they are a PITA to fully clean. I'm trusting Ford wouldn't make that mistake.
That's the beauty of the MiC top. You can take a brush and scrub the hell out of it without worrying about scratching it.

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I prefer a white top mainly for more heat reflection when the SoCal sun beats down on it. The black top will absorb heat and contribute to turning the interior into an oven.

Just last week:

Ford Bronco Poll: hard top color preference demographics 294BD76E-90F7-4A9A-A910-E810A8C5BE01

Last edited: