Sponsored

Poll: Who gave up on their dream Bronco just to get one sooner?

Did you give up on your dream Bronco just to get one?

• Total voters

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone is like "I won't switch to soft top from MIC top" and i am sitting here having already dropped down from a color-matched MOD Top.

So yeah, even though I got MIC top, it's been a lot of compromise.

and don't start me on interiors. I don't like any of them.
Sponsored

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I held out for my 2- Door MIC , never made one change to my original order. Got lucky and ended up with a build date in November , fingers crossed that holds true.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suppose in the end I’ll get what I want, if I could just settle on what I want. Started with a 4dr WildTrak and currently have a 2dr BL, Lux, Sas, 2.7 on order. Colors have changed from Rapid Red, to AMB, to Velocity Blue, to Area 51 to Race Red when I reorder for MY22. I’m considering going back to the Wildtrak but the 2dr version, but Ford making the MIC top an option on this trim is a joke.

Oh, and to make the waiting easier I have an abandoned order Cactus Gray BB soft top with mid pkg and Sig Lighting……added a hitch, 33” Toyo AT3’s, rocker panel armor and all weather cargo and floor liners. I could live with the 4dr BB and be very happy, but I’m all in on the 2dr.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m thinking of giving up the bronco completely. Mine has been sitting at dirt mountain for two months after being delayed 6 times. Now a recall for airbags that will probably prevent me from seeing it until after the first of the year. First time I’ve seriously contemplated giving up and the struggle is real.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone is like "I won't switch to soft top from MIC top" and i am sitting here having already dropped down from a color-matched MOD Top.

So yeah, even though I got MIC top, it's been a lot of compromise.

and don't start me on interiors. I don't like any of them.
Have you sat in one

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not settling for anything less than exactly what I want. People are impatient and just have to be the first one on their block or Facebook page with a Bronco. We live in a "look at me!" society.

I won't settle for less than what I want just to whore attention. If you legit need a vehicle now than do what you gotta do otherwise.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not settling for anything less than exactly what I want. People are impatient and just have to be the first one on their block or Facebook page with a Bronco. We live in a "look at me!" society.

I won't settle for less than what I want just to whore attention. If you legit need a vehicle now than do what you gotta do otherwise.
I’m sure some people are like that. I’ve never ordered a vehicle until the Bronco since that was the only way to get one. Every truck I have bought for the last 30 years I have just gone to a lot with a sea of Ford trucks and been like “that one will work”. I’m my case, and a lot of others, those other options aren’t really important enough to delay it for such a long time.

I just wanted front and rear lockers.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not settling going to wait till my OBX with LUX & Hard top and roof rails show up I know it's a 22

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

INSTANT gratification? ROFLOL!

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you sat in one
There are none to sit in. I've only seen one in person. What I don't like about the interior is the color selection, not the overall design.

I will be sure to post a rant about my navy pier cloth OBX when my Bronco comes in.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are none to sit in. I've only seen one in person. What I don't like about the interior is the color selection, not the overall design.

I will be sure to post a rant about my navy pier cloth OBX when my Bronco comes in.
Haha
I only ask because I wasn't a fan of the interiors (other than the badlands and black FE) until I actually sat my butt in one

I've sat in obx, and wildtrak. And loved them both. While I was an early vocal detractor of the interiors and their colors, real life experience with them changed my mind quickly.

Now the obx navy pier is my top 3 of the interiors. I think it handsdown has the best dash. I'm also a big fan of the white stiching so that adds to it

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I made two swaps. once I drove one, I swapped the 2.3 for the 2.7 engine. I also swapped the MIC for a soft top - I was surprised by hos much I liked the soft top.

I don't feel like I'm settling with my swaps but I did originally want a MIC for winter.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As much as I am paying, I decided on zero compromises. I usually buy clearance cars, so this was my first time ordering something just like I wanted it. I understand commodity constraints, but it still bugs me getting emails from Ford asking customers to compromise. My 2-dr Badlands, V6, High, with tow and roof rails should be at my dealer today or tomorrow at the latest!

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Learned long ago never to settle. Even if it's something like color. You will never truly be happy. You will either just learn to live with it. Or be looking for the quickest opportunity to trade out.

GeoWar64

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I held fast on everything except the MIC top, but only after Ford included the hardtop prep kit. After interacting with the soft top at my dealer, I think it will be a fun option that I wouldn’t normally choose. I still want a hardtop with a rack for gear, and hopefully that will be a viable after market option in the next year or two.

I have a 7.13.2021 order date and received a 11.29.2021 scheduled build date - hoping that holds true.

Build: Oxford White Badlands 4-door Sasquatch, 2.7L-Auto, Lux Pkg. & Tow Pkg.
Sponsored