Sponsored

Poll: Who gave up on their dream Bronco just to get one sooner?

Did you give up on your dream Bronco just to get one?

• Total voters

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do regret it, while I can learn to live with a 4 door over a 2 door I absolutely loathe the soft top and everything about it.
What are your gripes with the soft top?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dream Bronco would be a 2 Dr.
I ended up ordering a 4Dr. Just out of sheer logical reasoning and desire to have my family have a great doors-off experience.
then changed that to a soft top to get it before next summer (time’s a waistin’!!)

thought long and hard about it first.
my Jeep has a soft top and I love the ability to drop top or put it up if I hit rain easily, don’t have to have help every time, and don’t have to store it.
They’ve made the ST so user-friendly and quick to take up and down it just also made more sense.
But Dream Bronco?
2Dr Cyber O, Coyote engine, 6”lift with 40” tires on 17” wheels, 1200w sound system, Exo rack with awning, kayak easy-load carriers.
Alas…real life and no Coyote option (yet).
But I tell ya what:
I’ll be wheeling with a smile in my mordoor through the sand as I back up to the ocean where I catch fish all day, cold beverages and tunes at my disposal.

OP
OP
zombie

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are your gripes with the soft top?
I have never had any interest in owning a convertible of any kind, and definitely not a soft top. I only bought it because that was how I could get a Bronco now instead of months or years from now.

A convertible soft top provides a feature I will likely never use, so all it gives me is downsides (noisy, can't use car washes, likely will require more upkeep than a hard top, absolutely zero security, etc)

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dropped the hardtop, Sasquatch, and 2.7 liter & after 1,800 miles have zero regrets.

A couple notes on this decision, though:
Hardtop: Every Jeep I've ever owned I've bought with a hardtop then within a year wound up selling the hardtop and buying a soft top. I prefer the looks and noise of a hardtop but soft tops are just so convenient.
Sasquatch: I priced an aftermarket lift & found it to be not too much more.
2.7 liter: I only went with the 2.7 liter in the first place because the Sasquatch required the automatic and at that point, the 2.7 isn't that big of a jump in $$$.

drose1

Outer Banks
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dropped the MIC for a soft top and was immediately scheduled. I'll be riding out the soft top until I can purchase the BLACK MOD top (what I actually want).

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am tempted to go 4 door in hopes of receiving my Bronco sooner, but just cant. IMO, the 2 door is the way to go in terms of looks. In my case, this won't be my daily driver and I won't need the space of a 4 door. I will be purchasing a soft top though and run it with that most of the year.
Sponsored