BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to understand if there's a trend of folks paying more than MSRP vs not.
Sponsored

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will be paying under msrp when my Bronco arrives with A-plan.

OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer provided my the DORA and email confirmations that I will get mine for MSRP. Nothing hidden.

OP
OP
mdk77

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good luck getting people to admit they paid over MSRP here.
Perhaps. I read some threads about dealers doing this so trying to understand if these are outliers or is closer to the norm.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Perhaps. I read some threads about dealers doing this so trying to understand if these are outliers or is closer to the norm.
Open market retail sales from dealer stock may be priced over MSRP for now, but it seems most Ford dealers are not exceeding MSRP for pre-orders. Also, indications are that the buying trend (Fords hope) will be more pre-purchase configuration orders and less from dealer stock. Its in Ford's best interest to establish trust and integrity in the preorder process to make this work. In the long term, dealers who cheat their customers in a temporary time of shortage, will be remembered as untrustworthy swindlers when the market changes. Conversely, I know who the honest dealers are locally, and who I can trust in the future. Look forward to your poll results.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just reconfirmed with my dealer today that I’m paying MSRP. I wanted to be sure they wouldn’t change their minds after the 2022 re-order.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Paid under MSRP and my dealer took my X plan. Completely happy with my Bronco and the deal I got from my dealer. Same salesman I have used for 20 years, so that may have helped.

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just reconfirmed with my dealer today that I’m paying MSRP. I wanted to be sure they wouldn’t change their minds after the 2022 re-order.
Hello. I ordered a black diamond bronco in July 2021 with $1000.00 deposit and a bill of sale. The dealer verbally promised that the price wouldn’t change, even if I received a 2022 model. Now he wants me to reorder a 2022 at an increased price of $728.00. Do I have a leg to stand on, or bite the bullet?

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello. I ordered a black diamond bronco in July 2021 with $1000.00 deposit and a bill of sale. The dealer verbally promised that the price wouldn’t change, even if I received a 2022 model. Now he wants me to reorder a 2022 at an increased price of $728.00. Do I have a leg to stand on, or bite the bullet?
that's an odd amount to increase? any chance that you're seeing the new price with the increased MSRP and not adjusting for the "certificate" Ford is applying for the price match?

edit: reread and price protection wouldn't apply for your order, so the increase in price from MY21 to MY22 could be what you're seeing?

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that's an odd amount to increase? any chance that you're seeing the new price with the increased MSRP and not adjusting for the "certificate" Ford is applying for the price match?

edit: reread and price protection wouldn't apply for your order, so the increase in price from MY21 to MY22 could be what you're seeing?
Thank you. I’m a man of my word. It’s frustrating especially on principal. I guess a handshake and your word are of days gone by..

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. I’m a man of my word. It’s frustrating especially on principal. I guess a handshake and your word are of days gone by..
maybe he meant the price would stay at MSRP? Talk to him, he may just surprise you and work with you if you remind him of his promise. That said Ford isn't giving the dealer MY21 pricing so 🤷‍♂️.

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

maybe he meant the price would stay at MSRP? Talk to him, he may just surprise you and work with you if you remind him of his promise. That said Ford isn't giving the dealer MY21 pricing so 🤷‍♂️.
You can’t win. You’re right. Cest la vie. 👍
Sponsored