Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but hopefully others are interested...

Background: NO reservation. Walk in order at large dealer on 11/3/21. Base with only Squatch and switches. Received email from Ford 5 minutes after I ordered and literally haven't heard one thing since.

Given that the year is half over, and it looks like production for August has at least been "planned," at what point does the issue of an order being pushed into the next model year come into play?

EDIT: Just saw this similar thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/22-to-23.47151/

Anyone else have any insight? Specifically what is the likelihood this will happen at this point?

Mud Dawg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 22->23 order conversion will likely happen some time in August or September.

If you don't get scheduled by the end of July, I wouldn't count on a MY22, I know I'm not.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly... we don't know. It is all based on previous sales data and a mysterious black-box algorithm—and neither of it is public so we have no real way of knowing.

---

But here is the purely speculative answer:

The 2023MY cutover is scheduled to occur mid-November... which means the final scheduling for the 2022 production year should occur early-to-mid September. So if you don't hear anything by the end of September, good chance you'll get bumped to 2023.

If you ordered an upper-trim Outer Banks, Badlands, or Wildtrak with all of the bells and whistles, and you don't have a reservation, good chance that you will get bumped to 2023. Since you ordered a Base Bronco... hard to say. We've had people that ordered a Base Bronco in early 2022 that have already gotten build dates, and we've had people that ordered in the first half of 2021 that are still waiting. 🤷‍♂️

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the little or no bronco info club, there are about 100k of us strong lol. It's truly a waiting game....waiting for emails.....waiting for your build email.....waiting for your build delay emails....waiting for your built email.....waiting for your shipped email......waiting for your shipping delay email.....waiting for the next shipping delay email.....waiting for the dealer to call and say that's it's on the lot. Sad but true.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly... we don't know. It is all based on previous sales data and a mysterious black-box algorithm—and neither of it is public so we have no real way of knowing.

---

But here is the purely speculative answer:

The 2023MY cutover is scheduled to occur mid-November... which means the final scheduling for the 2022 production year should occur early-to-mid September. So if you don't hear anything by the end of September, good chance you'll get bumped to 2023.

If you ordered an upper-trim Outer Banks, Badlands, or Wildtrak with all of the bells and whistles, and you don't have a reservation, good chance that you will get bumped to 2023. Since you ordered a Base Bronco... hard to say. We've had people that ordered a Base Bronco in early 2022 that have already gotten build dates, and we've had people that ordered in the first half of 2021 that are still waiting. 🤷‍♂️
You've nailed the certain uncertainty, the predictable unpredictability, luck, fortune and impossible impossibilities that surround Bronco vehicle purchasing . . .

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The waiting game is full of variables, illogic, and luck. I'm a 7/20/20, reservation holder(01/29/2021 first order) with no VIN and I'm already in the mindset that I won't see mine until 2023. My dealer has no answers why some of their other MIC/LUX/2.7 builds with additional restrictions(tow package) compared to mine that were reserved after mine have been scheduled or delivered while I still wait. I hope they don't get rid of the eruption green color option.

IMO, the optics for Ford get really bad in another week when we start reaching the 2 year anniversary for reservations and first week reservations holders like myself still have no clue on what month or year they will take delivery.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You've nailed the certain uncertainty, the predictable unpredictability, luck, fortune and impossible impossibilities that surround Bronco vehicle purchasing . . .
Consistently inconsistent

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a stock Badlands March 1st this year. Im not expecting it until next year.
Since tons of customers have ordered long before us, and are still waiting, I just assume I'll be waiting a while also. Kick back and enjoy the wait!

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
the 22->23 order conversion will likely happen some time in August or September.

If you don't get scheduled by the end of July, I wouldn't count on a MY22, I know I'm not.
Since they will be building MY22 thru at least mid-November and they been assigning build weeks about 6 to 8 weeks ahead one can expect that there will be MY22 getting build dates into September. As they seem to be doing scheduling once a month, and just did June 2 weeks ago, I expect there will be one third week in July, August then September.

The roll over to MY22 occurred in October, they may push it earlier October or late September but I doubt much earlier.

My question is that if they open the order banks up for new orders in Augus as they have suggested (presumably for MY23) will those new orders placed then get precedence over those that get rolled over into MY23? It was very clear that people placing orders last fall and even January and February of this year seemed to be getting precedence over reservation holders from 2020.

Sponsored

Montague19??

Base
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Watched a video from Long MacArthur Ford that was discussing the re-order process. Mostly dealing with the maverick, but feel the Bronco would be the same.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since they will be building MY22 thru at least mid-November and they been assigning build weeks about 6 to 8 weeks ahead one can expect that there will be MY22 getting build dates into September. As they seem to be doing scheduling once a month, and just did June 2 weeks ago, I expect there will be one third week in July, August then September.

The roll over to MY22 occurred in October, they may push it earlier October or late September but I doubt much earlier.

My question is that if they open the order banks up for new orders in Augus as they have suggested (presumably for MY23) will those new orders placed then get precedence over those that get rolled over into MY23? It was very clear that people placing orders last fall and even January and February of this year seemed to be getting precedence over reservation holders from 2020.
That's why expect the 22->23 conversion to happen so early, I doubt the 23 order banks will open without the 22MY scheduling being complete, I bet we either see all of September and maybe into October scheduled by the end of the month or we see the actual opening of the 23 retail order banks in like September or October. Last year the order banks opened 2 months before the switich over, which would put the order opening in September and continue the scheduling 2 months out pace we are used to. So I guess what I'm saying is something has got to give, either we see the balance out scheduling for 22 completed by early August, or order banks open later than mid-augus, or Ford is probably going to screw some people with existing orders.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's why expect the 22->23 conversion to happen so early, I doubt the 23 order banks will open without the 22MY scheduling being complete, I bet we either see all of September and maybe into October scheduled by the end of the month or we see the actual opening of the 23 retail order banks in like September or October. Last year the order banks opened 2 months before the switich over, which would put the order opening in September and continue the scheduling 2 months out pace we are used to. So I guess what I'm saying is something has got to give, either we see the balance out scheduling for 22 completed by early August, or order banks open later than mid-augus, or Ford is probably going to screw some people with existing orders.
I don't see them as necessarily coupled. The bank can still be opened in august and they still give priority to MY22 to MY23 roll overs.

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see them as necessarily coupled. The bank can still be opened in august and they still give priority to MY22 to MY23 roll overs.
what do they do when some has both a MY22 and MY23 order and they are still scheduling MY22? Do they ignore people that have a MY23 order when scheduling for the tail end of MY22, do they schedule them and cancel there MY23 order? keep both orders?

OP
OP
Mud Dawg

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the responses.

So I'm assuming that if your order gets converted from one model year to the next that you will have to make a trip to the dealer to discuss the vehicle options that may have changed from one year to the next?
Sponsored