Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

More a venting session than anything else here...

Got my two door manual big bend sasq at the end of February. After 200 miles had a powertrain failure (and other various 'assist' failures). Took it in for repair and the dealership replaced the battery.

One week later, same powertrain failure. Took it back in and they reseated a pedal cable that was loose, which didnt fix it, so they ordered a whole new accelerator pedal assembly. Been in the shop for a month now since they were backordered.

Just got word the technician replaced it this morning but the errors still exist.

Already got Ford involved... Due to PA law if it happens once more its considered a lemon.

Rough times. Holding back tears at work. First and last Ford vehicle.
Sponsored

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Holding back tears? Sounds like you should just start pursuing the RAV case. You obviously don’t want the truck and don’t want them to replace it. Down 30 days may qualify. Best of luck.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good news is you might successfully get yours called out as a lemon.

Mine has a litany of issues, some of which have been fixed the first time and some of which they refuse to acknowledge as they are intermittent. (randomly not starting, high way vibrations..etc)
As far as I understand this does not qualify as a lemon, so I am stuck.

Additionally - bad news, is that all new vehicles not named Toyota are being made like absolute dog shit.

OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whats even worse is I was considering a Tacoma before picking this up, as they still make manuals. Ive owned two Subaru Crosstreks over the last five years and never once had it in the shop other than for scheduled maintenance.

I know one-offs always exist... but boy is this frustrating with a month old $50k+ vehicle...

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would check if there is a timeframe for a buyback. Outside of it being a lemon, if the car is down for more than 30 days in the first year, Ford may consider it a BuyBack depending on your state laws. Ford will not tell you this unless you request to start the process.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I started the buyback process but Ford said it has to hit lemon law for the state first. My concern with a buyback is two fold; 1) Im now out a vehicle, and 2) will they pay back the amount I paid over MSRP for it and cover the loan interest.

We'll see how the next week goes I guess, more waiting. I just checked the exact date and its been in the shop since March 9.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started the buyback process but Ford said it has to hit lemon law for the state first. My concern with a buyback is two fold; 1) Im now out a vehicle, and 2) will they pay back the amount I paid over MSRP for it and cover the loan interest.

We'll see how the next week goes I guess, more waiting. I just checked the exact date and its been in the shop since March 9.
From what I have seen, they will pay back all monthly payments plus down payment minus mileage. I do not know the exact formula.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Out of curiosity, do you know what codes it is throwing? Do they happen to be fuel pump voltage and injector fault codes? If so this will look like the Battery or Battery Junction Box and most likely be a PCM issue. Parts weren't available for mine through Ford so dealer ordered from another dealer that had the BJB in stock. Once they figured out it was the PCM and after several calls and emails from me to Ford Customer Relations, they pulled a PCM from assembly line for mine. I have a 2 door Big Bend Sasquatch Auto purchased early Feb and blended late Sept 2022. Might have been getting assembled from same batch of PCM's.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know in some states it has to be in for the same concern multiple times to be considered for lemon law. A generic powertrain malfunction warning on your Ford pass doesn’t exactly mean it’s the same problem as before.
Obviously I don’t know the whole situation or the actual codes the vehicle has, just throwing that out there. It does sound like it’s all similar though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I've been looking into it and the 30 days thing is what I may push for. Ive had it for 32ish days and its currently been in the shop for 26 of them. Four more and I can file under PA law I'm pretty sure. Not that I want to... but...

OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Apparently the dealership found faults in APP 2, pin fit issues on connector C203 for circuit C2040... Replacing the entire engine wiring harness. Another 7 days out, which easily hits the 30 day total mark.

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In the republic of Kalifornia, it is 30 days or two attempts at repairing the "issue". Although I was told from a dealership I qualified even when I was only at around 20 days into the repair.

I bought mine on a Saturday night, died going down the highway that night, went into shop Monday morning and got it back 25 days later. Ford Customer Relations doesn't consider that a big enough inconvenience to provide an extended service plan. I have called and left voicemail and sent email to my case manager and no responses in 2 weeks. Even called main number to get update and they said they were messaging with case manager and they were aware of my concerns. I guess that's why it's called Customer Relations and not Customer Service.

OP
OP
Grandpa

Grandpa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Manual Sasq.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah thats super frustrating. Luckily the dealership I bought it from was nice enough about it and helped me out a bit with warranties and such... But I havent heard back from my Ford rep in weeks now. I did open a case with a lemon law attorney but probably wont hear from them until early this week.
Sponsored