First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heard a rumor from a Jeep guy that Currie is coming out with a antirock sway bar for the bronco. Maybe they’ll beat them to it.
I spoke with the guys at rock jock by John Currie at the off-road expo in early October and they said they were in the development stage on the bronco antirock sway bar. No timetable for the release of it though.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I spoke with the guys at rock jock by John Currie at the off-road expo in early October and they said they were in the development stage on the bronco antirock sway bar. No timetable for the release of it though.
They’ve told me the same thing. They developed the rear trailing arms and track bar pretty quick, but are taking their time on the sway bar. I hope they have it by Springtime.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, we have one of these things sitting here in the shop now. Will start playing around with it on my WT, but have to travel for work the next couple weeks. This should be a good impetus for me to finally install my ARB compressor that has also been sitting here, lol.

Sway_1.jpg

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I finally got my ARB compressor installed a couple weeks ago, so I decided to install the G2 DRS (JK) bar on my Wildtrak. It was surprisingly easy to install (given that it wasn't designed for this vehicle, Lol)...and it fits up above my ARB skids. I used a set of Prothane 19-1186-BL 30mm sway bar mounts. The spacing of the mounting holes on the frame pad between the two bolt holes for the stock sway bar, is about 3/4" wider than the Prothane bushings/mounts that I used, so had to drill one new forward bolt hole in the mounting pad on the frame (per side) and install with nut and lock washer up top. Mounting slots in the Prothane mounts needed to be widened slightly (about .050") in order to clear the larger diameter of the sway bar mount bolts. I used an AUX switch for my ARB actuation solenoid (throw away the G2-branded solenoid that comes in the G2 kit, it's a leaky Chinesium POS)

The DRS bar works exactly how it's supposed to, there are several videos available online that go into extensive detail on it's operation, so I won't rehash all of that here. With the bar engaged, the Bronco drives just like it did with the stock solid sway bar. I'd say that the only disadvantage of this setup functionally, as compared to the OEM (hydraulic) sway bar disconnect, is that this cannot be engaged/disengaged under a load, meaning that you have to be on roughly level ground, to engage/disengage it, which makes complete sense, given the design. Overall I'm very happy with it thus far.

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

Drose49

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score