First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My hot button list for options is basically the off-road goods - the lockers and the upgraded axle, bumpers and skids.

My notes from reading around various off-road boards and YouTube channels - axle failures aren't uncommon and a lot of trucks are on lighter weight axles than they probably should be for the size and payload that the vehicle has grown to over time (especially for off-road use). Jeeps with Dana 30 fronts and Dana 35 rears, 4Runners/GX with the Toyota 8", etc.

Realistically MSRP for the least expensive option to get to front and rear lockers and the upgraded front axle on a 4dr is about $41k, or guessing at Granger prices - about $39,500.

Yes, it's a long way above the "Starting from" teaser prices that we've all been looking at for the past month. But comparing to the other options for getting front and rear lockers factory lockers in the market (MSRP):

Gladiator/Wrangler Rubicon ~$48k
Colorado ZR2 $44k

And other options with just a rear locker:
Tacoma TRD Off Road $38k
4Runner TRD Off Road $41k
Ranger FX4 $36k

The Ranger, the Tacoma, and the Colorado all come with the penalty of adding about 2 feet of length, and the Gladiator 2.5 feet not to mention changes in overhangs that will significantly change approach, departure and breakover angles.

ARB does have an air locker for the M190 axle and the M220, which with a compressor would be about $2500 in parts.

If you're buying for capability, there's really not factory-available comparisons to be made outside of the Jeep.

**Yes I'm aware that on some of the other options listed that you are getting a better interior/other features than a Base+Sasquatch.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
this is the part that bothers me. there arent any variable prices within the per question options that we have seen. its not trying to gather data on what customers are comfortable paying but what they are willing to pay. if i took the survey, balked at the sasquatch package for $5k, and chose the standard option instead, that gives no relevant information besides "userXYZ doesnt want sasquatch package". i might be all about squatch at $4k or $3.5k but i have zero way to communicate that information through their survey.
Correction: There were not variable prices in the surveys which have been noted so far. Typically this type of survey will have different prices for the same items to gauge how people react to them. Even if there had been only 2-3 different price options across the 10,000 surveys sent out, they are gathering a price range and they are listening to the customer.

What they absolutely don't need to do is ask 150,000 people for specific, anecdotal, input on pricing. Not only could they not process that information quickly/easily, but they also have over a century of manufacturing experience and i'd argue about 10 years of viable customer pricing preferences which relates to this specific model launch.

I have over 700 tax clients and would put a bullet through my head before opening Pandora's box to ask each and every one of them for billing input. I can compare billing rates to client situations and actual costs and present a compelling rate which builds in enough profit to keep the lights on and staff employed.

This is a more important launch for them than say a 1977 Cutlass Supreme. It's a statement product that will get as many looks on the road as clicks online. Doesn't mean they will sell each unit at a loss though.

vargo_939

Base
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one who hasn’t received an email survey? I’m freaking out, man!
I have not gotten mine yet, a coworker that reserved his after me got his. Doesn't even make sense to me.

Sponsored

AndrewS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very interesting. I really thought the Sasquatch package would be more. Figured it would be best to go with the Black Diamond to get a rear locker as a compromise. All of the other options it comes with were a hell of a bonus. With these prices a Base+Sasquatch+all the options vs a Black Diamond-Sasquatch+all the options is a $1750 difference.

For that $1750 in the BD you gain 2 Terrain modes - Mud/Rock Crawl, HD bash plates, Rock Rails, HD rear bumper, Aux switches, Wash out interior. But, you miss out on front locker, larger tires, and Bilstein shocks.

This is tricky. Basesquatch will miss out on the terrain modes of the BD since that isn't likely to be available after market. Everything else will be though and shouldn't cost too much more than the $1750 difference. The Basesquatch front locker isn't a realistic after market possibility for the BD and would incur additional cost for bigger tires and better shocks should I want them. Tough to say which is the better option now.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correction: There were not variable prices in the surveys which have been noted so far.
this is the part that bothers me. there arent any variable prices within the per question options that we have seen.
no need to correct. i reference the limited information in my post. and i dont feel that i implied there should be a wider audience or and expanded options of price ranges. my concern is how the survey is constructed and what specific data can be pulled from it. the way questions and responses are structured implies confirmation bias.

i hope there are other surveys with different pricing options to create a better data set, but the information we have all points to the same costs.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interesting. I really thought the Sasquatch package would be more. Figured it would be best to go with the Black Diamond to get a rear locker as a compromise. All of the other options it comes with were a hell of a bonus. With these prices a Base+Sasquatch+all the options vs a Black Diamond-Sasquatch+all the options is a $1750 difference.

For that $1750 in the BD you gain 2 Terrain modes - Mud/Rock Crawl, HD bash plates, Rock Rails, HD rear bumper, Aux switches, Wash out interior. But, you miss out on front locker, larger tires, and Bilstein shocks.

This is tricky. Basesquatch will miss out on the terrain modes of the BD since that isn't likely to be available after market. Everything else will be though and shouldn't cost too much more than the $1750 difference. The Basesquatch front locker isn't a realistic after market possibility for the BD and would incur additional cost for bigger tires and better shocks should I want them. Tough to say which is the better option now.
What about the Badlands?

Sponsored

Blksunshine06

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 FX4 Screw 3.5 , 2000 TJ 4 cyl. 5 speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received mine at 02:05 pm on August 25th, it was in the junk folder!. All the prices I had on the survey where the same as the OP's.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The $5k on a base is a good deal for sasquatch pkg. Not $2500 on the badlands.

The 7spd I don't think is the problem I think it is the addition of the trail turn assist and electronics features.

smseagren

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This new info has me reconsidering my preference... I was thinking about getting the OBX, but now I'm considering getting the Wildtrack + Lux package - since it will include the Sasquatch package and the 2.7 engine, which I was considering getting in the OBX...
interesting. I was the opposite.
Wanted a 4dr Wildtrak + Highpackage (~$51,112), but priced a 4dr OBX w/ 2.7, high, painted mod top and sasquatch around ($50,040).

the only difference at that point was the Wildtrak has one extra GOAT mode. but ill take the $1072 savings and throw that at 300 extra accessories.

I hate math, but pretty sure i'm correct. (using granger x-plan price on 4dr)
Sponsored