Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just heard back from Rock Slide Engineering they need a vehicle to model from and would like to produce these for the Bronco as well..

Best news I have heard today! These were on my list on basically every Jeep build I wanted to do because they are bad ass and tough as nails. They are almost a requirement for us because my wife needs a sturdy step to help her get into tall vehicles and I didnt want to run normal powerboards in case I smashed the side off something... Someone needs to get them a vehicle ASAP! lol
Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in for the Rockslide steps as well. Like Albert, I emailed them and they said they hope to bring them to market for the Bronco too. I’ll gladly lend them mine for a few weeks while they figure it out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Opens when the door is opened... I guess your SOL with the doors off?
I’m sure you could put a switch in to operate them.
Ran across a guy down in Waco that had power steps similar to the AMP's on his Jeep. He installed a small push button switch on the A pillar for when he took the doors off. Problem solved.

Anybody know if it is possible to just buy replacement step motors and wiring harness for the Ranger power steps? I will probably just end up fabbing my own power rails instead of waiting on the aftermarket.

Tiburon

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ran across a guy down in Waco that had power steps similar to the AMP's on his Jeep. He installed a small push button switch on the A pillar for when he took the doors off. Problem solved.

Anybody know if it is possible to just buy replacement step motors and wiring harness for the Ranger power steps? I will probably just end up fabbing my own power rails instead of waiting on the aftermarket.
In lieu of a switch on the A pillar, might seem like a good use for one of the overhead Aux switches....might have to be a momentary switch though.

Sponsored

Broncogang

Wildtrak
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely will be an added mod to my 2 Door Badlands baby. ? There’s a YouTube video of a Jeep getting an V8 installed and the finished product had one of these automatic power steps installed. Long story short I was sold and will be getting this added to mines. Also I think with the 2 inch factory lift these will still have a nice bit of clearance.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, too, reserved a 2 door Badlands. I worry about being able to get in it. That step idea might serve the purpose. Wonder how much impact it could take?
I think the ones fir the Wrangler are rated for up to 250 or 300 pounds weight, but there is NO rating for impact. Like me, you should be ok for Trails (plenty of clearance) but not for rock crawling. BTW, on a JL Wrangler, they are about $1499. Additionally, there is a standard clearance (maybe about 31 or 32 inch tire, no lift... and a +2 inch option to keep the step more centered on larger tired and/or lifted Jeeps. Install time at s shop is about 2 to 2.5 hours.

Last edited:

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Curious to see what the optional powder coated tube steps are like from the factory. But these definitely look cool..

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In lieu of a switch on the A pillar, might seem like a good use for one of the overhead Aux switches....might have to be a momentary switch though.
Wire it to your door locks. Hit the remote and the step deploys.

YEGDriver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I like the concept of power steps, the reality of them I've found to be less than pleasant. I work for a car dealership in the service department, and we see people coming in all the time with the power steps seized up because the motors/brackets have corroded over time due to the snow and stuff they put on the roads in the winter. And they are not cheap to repair. Now, mind you I can't say if that's the case for all brands, but it's what I've seen in my experience.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While I like the concept of power steps, the reality of them I've found to be less than pleasant. I work for a car dealership in the service department, and we see people coming in all the time with the power steps seized up because the motors/brackets have corroded over time due to the snow and stuff they put on the roads in the winter. And they are not cheap to repair. Now, mind you I can't say if that's the case for all brands, but it's what I've seen in my experience.
Amp research reviews were somewhat mixed that I read.

I would make sure I sprayed these with Fluid Film to avoid corrosion like you mentioned.

Tiburon

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wire it to your door locks. Hit the remote and the step deploys.
Great ! I like that as another option. Looks like the door lock switches are going to be in the door and since door lock actuators are typically inside the door with the latch on the B pillar (front door), you would want to tap in the appropriate wire between fuse/relay and the door hinge. This way you could capture the signal to provide power to the steps with a fob button press before the door connection point since once you remove the doors, you have no lock.

The Aux switch option is to allow you to activate the steps without worrying about where the key fob is, you could just use the aux switch (always hot) to activate the steps....or the best of worlds - have both setups.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great ! I like that as another option. Looks like the door lock switches are going to be in the door and since door lock actuators are typically inside the door with the latch on the B pillar (front door), you would want to tap in the appropriate wire between fuse/relay and the door hinge. This way you could capture the signal to provide power to the steps with a fob button press before the door connection point since once you remove the doors, you have no lock.

The Aux switch option is to allow you to activate the steps without worrying about where the key fob is, you could just use the aux switch (always hot) to activate the steps....or the best of worlds - have both setups.
The Aux switches are only hot with the "key" on.
Sponsored