First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may be off topic for this thread but has anyone seen anything about a console safe lockbox. They offer it in the sport and other Ford models. Something I would be interested in optioning on my build day.
I read somewhere that the console locks, just like the glovebox. You can see the key hole in some of the pics. As for safe, not sure but I am sure one of a couple companies will make aftermarket metal safe inserts. I will be getting one, so long as I can still fit my Sig in there.
Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How are we this many pages deep without the most important question being asked?

I spot 4 cup holders in the pictures. Where are 5 and 6? Where do the optional 7 and 8 go?
two in the backseat armrest.....not sure where else....back seat doors?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the key fobs should be shaped like little bronco’s, like Tesla does. Who cares if they copy tesla’s idea.
I'd hate to have to shove that in my pocket ...

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nobody has commented on this so far in this thread, but one thing I noticed is the way those front seats are positioned relative to the B pillar. That’s going to put the B pillar right in your line of sight and cause a blind spot. This is one of the things that bugs me about my son’s Jeep, and I was hoping it would be better in the Bronco.
Should be better in the two door I’d guess.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I'm 6'3" and it's all leg. That seat will be all the way back. I agree the 2 door doesn't seem to have the B pillar problem as bad, but 2 door is a no go for me - I need family room.
So the most interesting thing I learned at BMW driving school when I picked up a five series years ago, was how to adjust the mirrors. They have you lean to the center to adjust your right mirror and lean to the left to adjust your left mirror. I didn’t know that, and it really helps with blind spots.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So, I just watched this video on the sport. If the final production interior looks this good, I am more than sold. Love the interior (Leather, vinyl, whatever it is) and hope the same is offered on the big boy. Needless to say, final production is going to look a lot closer to this than these crappy pics

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

huh... in the olden days, all the manufacturer's had their own shop... but I guess I've never thought about it until you mentioned it! I think it would make sense to outsource, but only if the upholstery shop was in an adjacent area to assembly; otherwise, the trucking would be nonstop.
Picture a semi trailer with two levels. Two conveyors actually, filled with seats paired by front or rear, in sequence with Fords build schedule, on plastic pallets. They back in, plug in and the seat pallets roll out into a buffer where they proceeded to a auto loaded overhead conveyor on their way to the final assembly area. No fork trucks or manual labor involved until actual assembly.

That's generally how they do it with all bulk parts, seats, frames, tires, most sourced off site with a never ending stream of semis delivering parts "just in time".

My old plant built two entirely different models. Tires for one came in mounted and sequenced for production. The other were auto mounted in house with minimal labor.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Great video on the CG white top version. It’s a little misleading since it starts showing the fishing model exterior, but still. Have to hope the fit and finish looks a lot closer to this video (at least quality, though colors may differ) than these preproduction shots.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great video
Ford seems pretty determined to keep the 'rear seats folded' view totally secret. Its almost as if they hope someone will buy Bronco without ever opening the swing gate and considering the utility of the load floor.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's a GREAT find -

Look at how the door sill meets the dash? The character line along the side of the car dips where the side windows are located. This allows the side windowline to sit about 2-3" lower than normal, with more glass and outward visibility. The window sill is align with steering column (most SUVs have the window sill 2" higher). Who cares, you say? Being able to comfortably rest your elbow on the window sill while driving is fairly awesome. Especially with the roof off. Similar to range rover, you will feel like your sitting 'on' the car, not 'in' the car. And if you've ever driven an RR, this makes for an awesome driving experience. This interior has the proportions to an old school boxy Isuzu Trooper, which i LOVE.
Sponsored

Last edited: