Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This may be off topic for this thread but has anyone seen anything about a console safe lockbox. They offer it in the sport and other Ford models. Something I would be interested in optioning on my build day.
I've only started to look into things like this...www.consolevault.com I'm sure there are others maybe gunvault or something similar. I will likely be looking into this to secure things like my V1 radar when I have my doors off etc. I'm not sure if the Kimber logo decal on the back window will be enough of a deterrent.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not an off-road design, but rather military. They are usually nylon woven straps that you clip on/weave accessories onto/into. It’s common on our backpacks, vest, body armor, etc. we usually clip ammo pouches, Med packs, etc. onto them. The interwoven connection makes them hard to detach inadvertently, but still easy to interchange And place exactly where you want them. The fact that they are hard plastic makes them less usable and ugly in my opinion. That and I know my kids are going to stick rocks and other things in them when they’re bored, and it’s going to be a bitch to get out
Thanks for taking the time to explain that, i really appreciate it.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this is pre-production, and could somewhat excuse the gaps and plastics. However, the level of detail in the design (which presumably isnt changing) looks super basic/cheap. Such as the door cards, lower center console, lower dash, switch gear, side seat control panel etc. Basically everything below the upper dash. It looks akin to a $25k car, or a say, an early 2000s camry. But then again, the bones of the Bronco is really a $30k car that most are spending $40-$60k on. Maybe this changes with more soft touch materials at higher trims, but doubt it. The car has power seats and a 12" so its already at least a high trim.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree the 2 door doesn't seem to have the B pillar problem as bad
IRV0735 posted this from snowy CO today...clearly the 2D is a lot different, as the driver seems to be sitting back completely

Ford Bronco Pre-Preproduction tester 4 Door Bronco Interior and Underhood Pics 1599668176408

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picture a semi trailer with two levels. Two conveyors actually, filled with seats paired by front or rear, in sequence with Fords build schedule, on plastic pallets. They back in, plug in and the seat pallets roll out into a buffer where they proceeded to a auto loaded overhead conveyor on their way to the final assembly area. No fork trucks or manual labor involved until actual assembly.

That's generally how they do it with all bulk parts, seats, frames, tires, most sourced off site with a never ending stream of semis delivering parts "just in time".

My old plant built two entirely different models. Tires for one came in mounted and sequenced for production. The other were auto mounted in house with minimal labor.
When I used to drive trucks, I did a couple runs of seat brackets to the place where they welded the seat frames before they took em to the assemblers before they took em to the finish fabric shop. After I got out of trucking, I worked at a stamping factory and one of the presses I worked on was stamping out seat brackets. A buddy of mine worked at the steel supplier across town who sorted and trimmed the rolls of steel they got from the steel mill. Its a helluva supply chain before you even get to a car manufacturer. This is Ford not AC or Crosley.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please tell me it will be nothing like this. I will refuse it at the dealer.

The engine has no aesthetics
The dash and screen look cheap
The seats did not wear well

hopefully all of this changes
These are not production finishes. They're preproduction pieces just to ensure everything goes together, that processes work, etc. It's cheaper to run textureless plastic pieces for stuff like this.

I know this is pre-production, and could somewhat excuse the gaps and plastics. However, the level of detail in the design (which presumably isnt changing) looks super basic/cheap. Such as the door cards, lower center console, lower dash, switch gear, side seat control panel etc. Basically everything below the upper dash. It looks akin to a $25k car, or a say, an early 2000s camry. But then again, the bones of the Bronco is really a $30k car that most are spending $40-$60k on. Maybe this changes with more soft touch materials at higher trims, but doubt it. The car has power seats and a 12" so its already at least a high trim.
These are not production finishes. They're preproduction pieces just to ensure everything goes together, that processes work, etc. It's cheaper to run textureless plastic pieces for stuff like this.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know. That's why i said disregarding the actual materials...the details in the DESIGN of the panels, door cards, and switch gear are very basic and crude. I dont think thats going to change.

Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is actually something Im excited about! Personally, I like the styling and flex of a net more than a piece of plastic. However, the thing I find exciting is its clearly a customizable piece. Ideally the aftermarket can make almost anything you're willing to commission. Or just make it yourself!

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ‘71 F100, ‘02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody notice how crappy the hard top bolts down? I’ve had dual tops with all my Wranglers and none of the hard tops were this cheap and crappy fitting....

CD3C2805-9347-438E-9E27-06F8824395EE.jpeg

B79B0DBE-A6C2-4BE9-9FB1-D2A7E7DECE7F.jpeg