First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been doing a lot of research concerning CAI for my 2.3. I found a lot on here of ones install and results after. I was leaning toward K&N based on my past experiences, but I keep coming across most buyers complaining about the defective injector line fitting blowing the corner cap off or leaking resulting with a CEL. Roush is a reputable performance name. But all you are getting is a badge on a larger intake box with filter and reusing oem for everything else. I know nothing about the other 4 brands. But, I am very interested in the Injen CAI. It is a presale item that is due to be available to ship at end of January 2023. But before I purchase the Injen system I would like to hear from fellow Bronco owners.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im going Mishi, they’ve designed to also handle a snorkel and I like to keep shit like a catalog (same parts)

if not them, I’d go AFE

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been doing a lot of research concerning CAI for my 2.3. I found a lot on here of ones install and results after. I was leaning toward K&N based on my past experiences, but I keep coming across most buyers complaining about the defective injector line fitting blowing the corner cap off or leaking resulting with a CEL. Roush is a reputable performance name. But all you are getting is a badge on a larger intake box with filter and reusing oem for everything else. I know nothing about the other 4 brands. But, I am very interested in the Injen CAI. It is a presale item that is due to be available to ship at end of January 2023. But before I purchase the Injen system I would like to hear from fellow Bronco owners.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The stock system is the best cold air. Pulls from the grill area.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The stock system is the best cold air. Pulls from the grill area.
All of the systems I mentioned pull from the same area as the oem. All have a larger intake tube for more air pull except Roush, they use all the oem plumbing but give you a larger filter box.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Real question is are you all going dry or oiled?

dry here, bigger box will offset the dry losses

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dry is preferred as in past experiences an oiled filter leaves oil residue throughout the intake manifold.

I'm really leaning toward the Injen setup. It really looks well built and allows for plenty of air.

But I was hoping to get 2.3 first hand experience in this thread.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the look of Injen but why doesn't their dyno show lower RPMs so we have a full picture?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My list

1) Injen always enjoyed the quality.
2) AFE as it is the next most complete system
3) K&N but they have had issues with leaking

Rest are just housing and filter replacements to be carb compliant. I would want a new charge pipe piece for $300-400. I am waiting for a real tunner before I start down the performance road.

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've yet to see one without power loss in low RPM. I'm wondering if a drop in dry filter would have that problem too? Save a butt load of cash and better than buying a new stock filter every change.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Save your money, minimal gains with intakes on ecoboost engines. Unless you have tuned your engine you may gain 5 hp in stock form. If you run the ford performance tuner or a piggy back tuner you will see more of an increase with hp on and after market intake but again not much.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My list

1) Injen always enjoyed the quality.
2) AFE as it is the next most complete system
3) K&N but they have had issues with leaking

Rest are just housing and filter replacements to be carb compliant. I would want a new charge pipe piece for $300-400. I am waiting for a real tunner before I start down the performance road.
You’ll never see an aftermarket tuning the bronco in the US due to strict EPA rules on aftermarket parts. Now if you drive over to Canada that’s a whole new ball game. The tuners in the US have to be CARB compliant now so that means lots of emissions testing hints why no one is putting out custom tunes

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’ll never see an aftermarket tuning the bronco in the US due to strict EPA rules on aftermarket parts. Now if you drive over to Canada that’s a whole new ball game. The tuners in the US have to be CARB compliant now so that means lots of emissions testing hints why no one is putting out custom tunes
Tunes are for power and not to pass emissions. Most people who are willing to violate there warranty really don't care about Carb certification. I use to swap out my headers and intake every couple years on my Chevy 1500 flashing the computer is lazy work.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tunes are for power and not to pass emissions. Most people who are willing to violate there warranty really don't care about Carb certification. I use to swap out my headers and intake every couple years on my Chevy 1500 flashing the computer is lazy work.
Newer engines are overly controlled by computers and sensors so it won’t allow for the mods. It’s not like the old days of headers, carbs, and changing ignition timing. If the OP is looking for more HP you won’t find much in an aftermarket intake unless you tell controlling parameters of the engine to accept the higher values the sensors read. The butterfly valve on the throttle body is constantly opening and shutting even when you put the pedal down. Even though you have a bigger intake and who ever claims it flows so much more percentage, the throttle body is going to just close a little more so the engine doesn’t lean out. You’re basically wasting money for a pretty box when open the hood 🤷🏻‍♂️. Aftermarket parts are just marketing to make money they know there is minimal gain in hp but people still want to buy it. I’m just giving those who don’t know the information. I’ve had several ecoboost vehicles I know what works and makes HP and what will effectively damage these motors.
Sponsored