First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
K&N showed 25hp gain which is big for a eco boost engine. The part you mentioned blowing apart is a issue. I called K&N and told them what had happened and they sent me 3 replacements so I have them as backups. I like AFe and what they do but their customer service and tech support is mediocre at best, and when you have a problem like I did with the charge pipes and no one helps you it really makes you question why you spent money with said company.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote no CAI…..yet.

I’ve had tuned turbo Subarus…
I agree, but not for the lean out. Ford prefers Speed Density based tuning vs MAF tuning. Their systems self regulate AFR’s far better than Subarus.

There just hasn’t been a CAI released that improves upon OEM flow with a proper pre-filter that is truly a CAI… some offer windows that pull air directly from the engine bay.. why any shop would intentionally produce sub-par systems for a vehicle that’ll spend its time eating dust is beyond me

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with Roush for a couple reasons. 1st, the oem air box plumbing for the 2.3 produces very good air flow. I find no real reason to strip that away for brand name crap. 2nd, Roush and Ford have a very long relationship via performance. That is irreplaceable, and likely stay true for a long time. At the end of the dah this is a Bronco, a multipurpose vihicle, not a Mustang, so putting all this aftermarket crap all over the engine is ludicrous to me. I wanted a filtration that can be cleaned and reused, perform better than oem filter. That being said I feel comfortable having knowledge that Roush and Ford relationship is real and if some mechanical failure happens in the future no fingers will be pointed at an aftermarket filter. And with the Magnaflow exhaust, they stand 100% behind their product. And have solid engineering in relationship to those products. To me the Magnaflow produces A wonderful sound at idle and at full throttle. Unlike other brands that sound good at idle but shit at full throttle. I did not want an import fart can sound every time I heard it. I am very happy with the two upgrades, air and exhaust. I do not want to do anything else performance wise as there is plenty of ponies coming out of the box.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with Roush for a couple reasons. 1st, the oem air box plumbing for the 2.3 produces very good air flow. I find no real reason to strip that away for brand name crap. 2nd, Roush and Ford have a very long relationship via performance. That is irreplaceable, and likely stay true for a long time. At the end of the dah this is a Bronco, a multipurpose vihicle, not a Mustang, so putting all this aftermarket crap all over the engine is ludicrous to me. I wanted a filtration that can be cleaned and reused, perform better than oem filter. That being said I feel comfortable having knowledge that Roush and Ford relationship is real and if some mechanical failure happens in the future no fingers will be pointed at an aftermarket filter. And with the Magnaflow exhaust, they stand 100% behind their product. And have solid engineering in relationship to those products. To me the Magnaflow produces A wonderful sound at idle and at full throttle. Unlike other brands that sound good at idle but shit at full throttle. I did not want an import fart can sound every time I heard it. I am very happy with the two upgrades, air and exhaust. I do not want to do anything else performance wise as there is plenty of ponies coming out of the box.
Works for me

I'm still looking at Mishimoto, figure go catalog, and then after whoever produces the downpipe, I'll wait to see which catback works without drone:
Ford Bronco Preference concerning CAI for 2.3 1679065414716

Ford Bronco Preference concerning CAI for 2.3 Gia Dyno

CFM Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather Kit
MMR CAI
UPR Dual Valve Oil Catch Can
FFTec Charge Pipes
Synapse DV
Steeda Throttle Body Spacer
Boomba Intake Manifold spacer
NGK 6510
FFTec Street Intercooler
Krona Catted DP
Turbosmart Wastegate Actuator 10psi
JDM Tuned using SCT4

Dyno results are low since their (JDM's) rollers are for F150s, on a regular dyno before the Downpipe and wastegate actuator I was at 311whp

That's why I can't keep them stock, I know what our girls are capable of, and that's before ya upgrade the clutch/flywheel, and the ecu's cracked to take advantage of parts like this big turbo

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Works for me

I'm still looking at Mishimoto, figure go catalog, and then after whoever produces the downpipe, I'll wait to see which catback works without drone:

MMR CAI
FFTec Charge Pipes
Synapse DV
NGK 6510
FFTec Street Intercooler
Krona Catted DP
JDM Tuned using SCT4

Dyno results are low since their (JDM's) rollers are for F150s, on a regular dyno before the Downpipe and wastegate actuator I was at 311whp

That's why I can't keep them stock, I know what our girls are capable of, and that's before ya upgrade the clutch/flywheel, and the ecu's cracked to take advantage of parts like this big turbo
15' GT

FB_IMG_1541438462495.jpg

FB_IMG_1541438484807.jpg

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Works for me

Ford Bronco Preference concerning CAI for 2.3 FB_IMG_1541438484807

Ford Bronco Preference concerning CAI for 2.3 FB_IMG_1541438484807

MMR CAI
FFTec Charge Pipes
Synapse DV
NGK 6510
FFTec Street Intercooler
Krona Catted DP
JDM Tuned using SCT4

Man that’s low.. you needs to talk to Adam at Tune+, you should be at 400hp with a tune

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that’s low.. you needs to talk to Adam at Tune+, you should be at 400hp with a tune
it was 311 prior on a regular dyno, dyno JDM uses is for F150s, so heavier duty

Also traded her to get my truck

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Gotcha, yeah all this 2.3 motor needs is the radium port injection, e85, t3/t4 turbo it’ll make 450hp comfortably all day

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gotcha, yeah all this 2.3 motor needs is the radium port injection, e85, t3/t4 turbo it’ll make 450hp comfortably all day
also going with Corsa instead of Mishi now, like the window and that its also dry, makes cleaning it simpler (I wiped down the fan btw)
Ford Bronco Preference concerning CAI for 2.3 B92DE4D9-6E6D-4F3F-B609-6533A4F10A0C

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Dynos are dynos. Typically the only variable is the load they induce and usually are not translateable brand to brand. That said you appear to have used a dynojet which is one of the most friendly when it comes to higher figures so I would not take the "f150" excuse unless there is something tangible associated with the comment.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dynos are dynos. Typically the only variable is the load they induce and usually are not translateable brand to brand. That said you appear to have used a dynojet which is one of the most friendly when it comes to higher figures so I would not take the "f150" excuse unless there is something tangible associated with the comment.
All I know is it felt more powerful towards that point and it was a Ford shop instead of a general tuner

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All I know is it felt more powerful towards that point and it was a Ford shop instead of a general tuner
No worries - just sharing information as I have dynoed a multitude of personal cars over the years on Dynojets, Mustang, MAHA, Dynomite, Superflow, etc. ranging from 200whp to 1200whp.

Dynojets are actually the most consistent dyno to dyno typically.

Last edited:

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No worries - just sharing information as I have dynoed a multitude of cars over the years on Dynojets, Mustang, MAHA, Dynomite, Superflow, etc. over the past 20 years on personal cars ranging from 200whp to 1200whp.

Dynojets are actually the most consistent dyno to dyno typically.
Appreciate it, gotta see what they use
Sponsored