First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can blame all the diesel guys who want to “roll coal” for the crack down on the aftermarket world. They are slapping heavy fines on vendors who tune or change the emissions outcome of a vehicle. My tuner who’s done a couple of my vehicles says he won’t touch anything newer than 21’ because of the legality and fine he would receive.
Sponsored

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My list

1) Injen always enjoyed the quality.
2) AFE as it is the next most complete system
3) K&N but they have had issues with leaking

Rest are just housing and filter replacements to be carb compliant. I would want a new charge pipe piece for $300-400. I am waiting for a real tunner before I start down the performance road.
I agree....if there isn't an upgraded intake tube in the kit, then I wouldn't bother. K&N, Injen and AFe have upgraded intake tubes. I bought the K&N but that was really the only option when I purchased. Now that AFe and Injen have products, I would strongly consider those.

I am happy with K&N. I didn't have the issue with the elbow malfunctioning and causing a CEL but I had missing parts in my kit and bolts that were the wrong size. K&N was quick to send me the right parts. I've got several 1000 miles on the K&N and it performs great.

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Save your money, minimal gains with intakes on ecoboost engines. Unless you have tuned your engine you may gain 5 hp in stock form. If you run the ford performance tuner or a piggy back tuner you will see more of an increase with hp on and after market intake but again not much.
I think there are some third-party dyno results showing decent gains with K&N system on the 2.3 alone without a tune. I can attest that both low-end and high-end felt a bit more powerful from the butt-dyno.

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think there are some third-party dyno results showing decent gains with K&N system on the 2.3 alone without a tune. I can attest that both low-end and high-end felt a bit more powerful from the butt-dyno.
Yea I’ve seen those but only hp and tq gain is in the 4000 to redline range there’s no gain in the bottom

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised Roush has the balls to charge as much as they do for a windowed cover and a larger cone, when everyone else offers new intakes

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote no CAI…..yet.

I’ve had tuned turbo Subarus since 2007 and would never put a CAI on a Subaru without a tune because it could cause it to run lean potentially damaging engine and also not add any power. With a tune and other mods you could get a bit more power with the intake. This makes me NOT want to do any mods on the Bronco other than the FP tune(already have) until I see tuners doing custom tunes. In that case, I would do downpipe, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump intake and maybe some e85 and call it a day.

There have been a lot of changes in the tuning world with EPA, but many tuners are still doing custom tunes as long as you stay within the emissions parameters and don’t disable them And try to delete codes. Things like catless downpipes are out. I have not seen a lot of Broncos getting custom tuned though.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I currently have the Roush and pre-ordered the Injen. Delivery for the Injen was supposed to be now, but they delayed it to the end of Feb/beginning of March. I like the Roush, but as others mentioned, its just a larger lid/filter, so no gains. Just looks nice in the engine compartment. Also, once I get the Injen installed Ill be selling the Roush for dirt cheap....

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I currently have the Roush and pre-ordered the Injen. Delivery for the Injen was supposed to be now, but they delayed it to the end of Feb/beginning of March. I like the Roush, but as others mentioned, its just a larger lid/filter, so no gains. Just looks nice in the engine compartment. Also, once I get the Injen installed Ill be selling the Roush for dirt cheap....
How much for the lid, I already got a KN filter

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Volant were making an intake with the Donaldson filters I’d be interested in trying one, otherwise I’ll leave it as Ford engineers deemed fit.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Between Mishi and AFE, I'd be Injen but you can't wash and dry their dry filter, just use an air compressor to clean it out, so it's more which one to go with?

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went with Roush intake. And yes there was a considerable difference in throttle response, paired with the Magnaflow exhaust it is great now.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with Roush intake. And yes there was a considerable difference in throttle response, paired with the Magnaflow exhaust it is great now.
Just curious, when did you buy it? Before or after the competitors released their CAI's

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model