Sponsored

Price Protection 2023 -- why certificate may not show up?

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure your exact situation. But I originally visited Dealer on a Monday to take delivery. Walked away, had some contact over next couple days , finally took delivery by Thursday. My dealership was as cool as could be expected and ultimately figured it out… my take, it’s probably not terribly uncommon. They should be able to contact someone to link up your early reservation to your order.
Mine arrived Monday started financing Tuesday and was told that evening there was no certificate. Started calling Ford immediately and talk to no less than 5 different people with no luck. Finally one told me on Thursday to have my dealer do what you suggested. I called salesman and told him. I haven’t heard from him since, no reply to my emails. Emailed Brent Reed and Chris Hathcock this afternoon. Next is calling Bob Utter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine arrived Monday started financing Tuesday and was told that evening there was no certificate. Started calling Ford immediately and talk to no less than 5 different people with no luck. Finally one told me on Thursday to have my dealer do what you suggested. I called salesman and told him. I haven’t heard from him since, no reply to my emails. Emailed Brent Reed and Chris Hathcock this afternoon. Next is calling Bob Utter.
Good luck. I understand the frustration of not getting what you were promised from Ford.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have two separate orders in from December '21 and Jan '22. Ford Marketing could only find 1 Private Offer. When searching with my full contact info they didn't find any offers. Searching just by email found 1 with an address mismatch but they couldn't tell me what the address on the cert was. My two orders are with different dealerships. Is there anything I can ask Ford Marketing about the cert to allow me to identify which dealer/order it's related to? I need to go ask 1 dealer to fix up things to get my my missing cert in there, just not sure which dealer to bug on it.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Built in Sept. and didn't ship on rail until late November and has been on hold at the railyard lot since Dec. 4th in MA a llittle over a way from the dealership. Corporate still hasn't gotten back to the GM with detail of why it shows a "hold" in his system, but the transportation company is very backed up with shipping cars out by convoy so hopefully it is just a transportation issue and not on hold because got damaged on the rail. Ford estimates Jan 11-17th, but those updates are obviously not accurate because they haven't gotten pushed back a week or two every week since original delivery estimate of mid-October.

I already got the bank check out and everything ready to go in October and have an email stating an exact out the door price from dealer from that week, so I don't plan on giving them more and will bring a copy of the email as well as original purchase agreeement from '21 that says MSRP. I don't think they can charge me '23 MSRP since mine was built as a '22 already, but who knows what dealerships will try and pull off if you aren't paying attention. Gotta be ready to assume the worst when you go in there given the way this has unfolded every step along the way.
They should charge whatever the MSRP shows on your window sticker. At least, that’s what they did for my wife’s. Hers was built last Jan, on Ice Mountain for months and we didn’t get till Sept.

OP
OP
Wilson66

Wilson66

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have two separate orders in from December '21 and Jan '22. Ford Marketing could only find 1 Private Offer. When searching with my full contact info they didn't find any offers. Searching just by email found 1 with an address mismatch but they couldn't tell me what the address on the cert was. My two orders are with different dealerships. Is there anything I can ask Ford Marketing about the cert to allow me to identify which dealer/order it's related to? I need to go ask 1 dealer to fix up things to get my my missing cert in there, just not sure which dealer to bug on it.
Ford marketing , from my experience can’t really do anything. That seems your experience as well, all they can do is confirm or deny if a certificate is tied to your actual order. The dealership itself will have to work to correct any issues with it not being there. I know that doesn’t really answer your question. Just confirming that whoever is on the “hotline” is powerless, but a good resource none the less to confirm beforehand if you need to worry.

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford marketing , from my experience can’t really do anything. That seems your experience as well, all they can do is confirm or deny if a certificate is tied to your actual order. The dealership itself will have to work to correct any issues with it not being there. I know that doesn’t really answer your question. Just confirming that whoever is on the “hotline” is powerless, but a good resource none the less to confirm beforehand if you need to worry.
Thanks. I'll just go ask both dealers to double check everything to ensure my private offer is in place.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crickets from my dealership (Bob utter ford) since I emailed Friday .

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just bought mine today and indeed the dealer has me sign something f saying GM would apply for the extension $825 PP I am owed by Ford. It might take weeks or months, but I should get a check in mail for the price difference.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just bought mine today and indeed the dealer has me sign something f saying GM would apply for the extension $825 PP I am owed by Ford. It might take weeks or months, but I should get a check in mail for the price difference.
I don’t think I will trust mine to send it.And it’s way more than $825 .
they want me to pay 23’ pricing. renewed pricing in October for the 22’ around 43,000 invoice, plus 1000.00 below invoice was the deal we agreed to, now they want 48,000. Bunch of crooks!

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t think I will trust mine to send it.And it’s way more than $825 .
they want me to pay 23’ pricing. renewed pricing in October for the 22’ around 43,000 invoice, plus 1000.00 below invoice was the deal we agreed to, now they want 48,000. Bunch of crooks!
Ouch. I just got a 2022 because shipping took forever. I believe that is the correct number for me get 21MY MSRP on a 4 door Black Diamond.

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My sales rep is stating that I will not have a Private Offer on my order until the VIN is produced. I've asked to speak directly with their sales manager about this as I'm fed up with my rep's incorrect statements (he also said that all dealers have same allocation). Is there anything documented or formalized by Ford that I can refer him to around how to ensure my Private Offer is created? Is there someone else besides sales manager that I should talk with?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sales rep is stating that I will not have a Private Offer on my order until the VIN is produced. I've asked to speak directly with their sales manager about this as I'm fed up with my rep's incorrect statements (he also said that all dealers have same allocation). Is there anything documented or formalized by Ford that I can refer him to around how to ensure my Private Offer is created? Is there someone else besides sales manager that I should talk with?
You need to call the marketing team.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You need to call the marketing team.
The all US Ford Marketing team? or at dealership?

I had called the Ford Marketing team. They told me to call the dealership for the dealer to look in to why my private offer was missing :)

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The all US Ford Marketing team? or at dealership?

I had called the Ford Marketing team. They told me to call the dealership for the dealer to look in to why my private offer was missing :)
In that case.
I sent this to my dealer. But unclear if it was the magic bullet or not.

90D47C05-6C02-4686-892F-36961BD8B686.jpeg

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Marketing has nothing to do with it as they handle the customer side. It’s a Ford issue that the dealerships get blamed for and have to fix. Ford got rid of our dealer reps. We now have 1 guy/gal for 100s of stores! Have your dealership reach out to their rep, they will look into it and create it in the system(smartvincent). Stop thinking the dealership has anything to do with it. Missing certs are a big problem right now. My rep created a whole separate team just to get caught up.

Ford will need the
VIN
Order #
previous order #
amount of PP
Name and address
COVP auth #
Sponsored