First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I apologize if this has been answered...but I'm not exactly clear on how it works. I have a reservation and order from 2/12/2021 (I know...late to the game). I updated my order yesterday with my dealer (Just added the hoop steps - I'm getting a Badsquatch and my wife is 5'2) and the price in the backdoor link updated to the current base price which looks like $2,000 more than what I had listed there from my 2022 update order back in November. That matches the build sheet my salesman sent over. Back in November base price for the Badlands was $44,590. On my new build sheet it's listed as $46,590.

Called my dealer and got directed to a new salesman (my old one apparently left...but at least this guy seems much better at communication) and had no idea how any of this worked. Asked the sales manager who just said "if he has price protection it'll be honored" but I have no idea how this works.

When my Bronco finally comes in (no VIN yet so I know still going to be a while) will they adjust the sales price? Will I pay full current MSRP and get a check back? Something else?

Just want to make sure I understand how this process works...

Thanks for any/all info!
Sponsored

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From the Ford FAQ:

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to customers and the series offerings on or before March 19, 2021. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Everglades™.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

I have an unconverted reservation that was placed after March 19, 2021. Will price increases affect me?
If you convert by March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the initial 2022 MY pricing. If you convert your reservation after March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the most current pricing. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the Ford FAQ:

How does the Bronco Price Protection program work?
If you ordered or reserved a Bronco prior to March 19, 2021, you will qualify for the price protection amount of a similarly equipped vehicle, based on the selected series and door configuration you reserved or ordered on or before October 1, 2021. This pricing adjustment will take place at the time of delivery through your dealer. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with your selected dealer. In order for you to receive this price protection, your dealer will need to search for and apply the certificate at the time you take delivery of your Bronco. You will not receive an email with the discount certificate. Final transaction details, including price, are between you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my price protection amount?
For customers with an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021, you are able to apply your certificate to a different series for the 2022 and 2023 MYs. However, your certificate amount will reflect the series you ordered or reserved on or before October 1, 2021. Changing your series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system after March 7, 2022, will cause your order to update with new mid-year price levels. See your dealer for further details on changing your order after the March 7, 2022, cutoff. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, price protection will carry over to the 2023 MY. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Does price protection apply to Bronco special editions?
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to customers and the series offerings on or before March 19, 2021. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or Everglades™.

2022 MY Pricing for Customers Who Placed a Reservation After March 19, 2021, or Placed an Order Without a Reservation After March 19, 2021
What does it mean if I placed a reservation after March 19, 2021, or placed an order without a reservation after March 19, 2021?
If you fall into either of these categories, it means that you do not qualify for the Bronco Price Protection Program. The cutoff for that program was placing an order or reservation on or before March 19, 2021.

I have placed an order, will this mid-year price increase affect my pricing?
If you do not change your order after March 7, 2022, and take delivery of your 2022 MY Bronco, your order qualifies for retail order price protection. This protects the MSRP of the vehicle at the time the 2022 order was received by Ford. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

I have an unconverted reservation that was placed after March 19, 2021. Will price increases affect me?
If you convert by March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the initial 2022 MY pricing. If you convert your reservation after March 7, 2022, your order will reflect the most current pricing. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.

Will changing my order after March 7, 2022, affect my Bronco's price?
Changing your series, equipment package, the number of doors, or 4x4 system will cause your order to reflect new mid-year price levels. Make sure your order is configured properly prior to the March 7, 2022 cut-off. If your vehicle is not built in the 2022 MY, your new 2023 order will reflect 2023 MY price levels. Final transaction details, including price, will be agreed upon by you and the dealer.
Thanks for that information! So based on reading that merely adding hoop steps for $395 shouldn't screw me with regards to price protection since I didn't change series, equipment package, number of doors, or 4x4 system.

If I'm reading this right the current MSRP is what should show up on my build sheet and then they'll have to apply a certificate when I go in to sign papers/take possession which will bump the price back down. Do you think I have that right? (Sorry not great at parsing out this kind of language...)

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They send me an $800 check about a week after I purchased the Bronco. Something about needing to verify it with Ford first. All the same in the end to me.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They send me an $800 check about a week after I purchased the Bronco. Something about needing to verify it with Ford first. All the same in the end to me.
Ok that's not horrible. Although since I'm financing a good part of it would rather just have lower purchase price (not to mention paying taxes on a higher purchase amount).
Sponsored