First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how this works regarding notification of VIN number and production date. Have not heard anything yet. Not overly surprised or concerned. However, are the notifications ONLY coming out on Thursdays? If according to my dealer, I am in the allotted 20 Broncos that they are scheduled to get in 2021, when does "2021 calendar year end and calendar year models 2022 start?
Sponsored

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure how this works regarding notification of VIN number and production date. Have not heard anything yet. Not overly surprised or concerned. However, are the notifications ONLY coming out on Thursdays? If according to my dealer, I am in the allotted 20 Broncos that they are scheduled to get in 2021, when does "2021 calendar year end and calendar year models 2022 start?
I think calendar year 2022 starts Sept. 2021

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will everyone be notified in May if they get a My21 build ?

Last edited:

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I still can’t make sense of any of this.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Will everyone be notified in May if they get a My22 build ?
My dealer said no, because I opted to wait for the black mod top on my WT, so I will not know until after September 2021 when I will receive my notification, ( I hope :unsure: )

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If according to my dealer, I am in the allotted 20 Broncos that they are scheduled to get in 2021, when does "2021 calendar year end and calendar year models 2022 start?
I think calendar year 2022 starts Sept. 2021
Don’t confuse model year with calendar year, which always ends on 12/31, or fiscal year, which is selected by businesses for accounting purposes.

What Ford has officially stated is this...

Ford Bronco How does VIN notification work? C9614CB5-E6A0-4140-9EC6-E62EA275289F

Production for 22MY is expected to start sometime in December 2021, and deliveries are expected to arrive sometime in January 2022.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t confuse model year with calendar year, which always ends on 12/31, or fiscal year, which is selected by businesses for accounting purposes.

What Ford has officially stated is this...

Ford Bronco How does VIN notification work? C9614CB5-E6A0-4140-9EC6-E62EA275289F

Production for 22MY is expected to start sometime in December 2021, and deliveries are expected to arrive sometime in January 2022.
So those who get pushed into MY22, do they need to re-do their order/build with the dealership? I'm hoping for a MY21, but if it turns into a MY22, will it just roll over into that automatically?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So those who get pushed into MY22, do they need to re-do their order/build with the dealership? I'm hoping for a MY21, but if it turns into a MY22, will it just roll over into that automatically?
Ford is trying to figure out if that can be done internally instead of making all dealers re-enter orders into WBDO again for the new model year. The jury is still out on whether it can/will be done. I’m sure the dealer’s aren’t happy about the prospect of having to do all that work manually at the dealership level when Ford should be able to come up with a centralized solution.

For example:

I figured they would kick them out to MY22 order banks, but noooooo they want us to clean it up. I don't think it would much matter, the orders simply would not be built.

/john
They told me they think they have a way now for them to just migrate over to 2022 orders so we don't have to redo them from scratch like they originally told me. I don't know that for fact, but that's what they said. I think they want any and all orders in they system right now to actually be buildable units, which is why we needed to make the corrections.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is trying to figure out if that can be done internally instead of making all dealers re-enter orders into WBDO again for the new model year. The jury is still out on whether it can/will be done. I’m sure the dealer’s aren’t happy about the prospect of having to do all that work manually at the dealership level when Ford should be able to come up with a centralized solution.
Thanks!

Yeah, that would be a huge pain, and opens them up to keying something wrong too (potentially). I'd imagine if they did move everything automatically there'd be a point to re-review items (i.e. - new features or colours that might be available).

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I apologize if this isn't (and most likely not) the right thread but it does say VIN notification. I put my reservation in 6 days (I know) after the announcement last July, should I have received my VIN yet? My Spidey Sense is telling me my dealer is not telling me something. My reservation originally for a OB, but when I ordered, I changed to a WT. I believe, according to my dealer, I had the earliest reservation at their site, and they're getting 6 in June, none of which are mine. Does this sound normal?

Sponsored

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I understand this correctly:

If you aren't notified by end of May, don't expect your Bronco until some time in 2022. Those who are notified will be estimated for June-December 2021.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I apologize if this isn't (and most likely not) the right thread but it does say VIN notification. I put my reservation in 6 days (I know) after the announcement last July, should I have received my VIN yet? My Spidey Sense is telling me my dealer is not telling me something. My reservation originally for a OB, but when I ordered, I changed to a WT. I believe, according to my dealer, I had the earliest reservation at their site, and they're getting 6 in June, none of which are mine. Does this sound normal?
Short answer, probably not. If you had kept the OB you may have had it scheduled and received the VIn, but really that's just my speculation. Ford is supposed to send out emails this month with estimated dates.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OK, thanks. My stealership said that changing the model wouldn't affect my place in line based on my reservation number.... Thats why I changed... thanks.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK, thanks. My stealership said that changing the model wouldn't affect my place in line based on my reservation number.... Thats why I changed... thanks.
It doesn't affect it with regards to your timestamp and allocation spot relative to your dealer , but unfortunately at this point that doesn't mean allocation 71 of 65 for example won't jump ahead. You may still be reservation 1, but with parts constraints you may not be a "clean" build"

Love the shirt man
Sponsored