First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went to re-order my Bronco, as I am an Anti Matter Blue orphan and got pushed to MY 22. Also did the signed purchase price agreement while I was there. Looking over my paperwork today, on the Preview Order print out they gave me, I noticed the Priority Code was 99. The Code for my original '21 order was 19. I'm 99% sure that means Do Not Build (99 code). I called my salesman today, and explained my concern. He said it's fine, I said I'm pretty sure that means do not build. He went to confirm with someone, and called me back. His answer was the 99 Code just meant do not build a Model Year 2021 vehicle. Huh? That's technically true, but also ANY model year vehicle going forward as well, I would think.

Can any one in-the-know, especially a dealer on here, confirm for me I need to have it switched back to a code 10-19, like I asked him to do today? Thanks.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went to re-order my Bronco, as I am an Anti Matter Blue orphan and got pushed to MY 22. Also did the signed purchase price agreement while I was there. Looking over my paperwork today, on the Preview Order print out they gave me, I noticed the Priority Code was 99. The Code for my original '21 order was 19. I'm 99% sure that means Do Not Build (99 code). I called my salesman today, and explained my concern. He said it's fine, I said I'm pretty sure that means do not order. He went to confirm with someone, and called me back. His answer was the 99 Code just meant do not build a Model Year 2021 vehicle. Huh? That's technically true, but also ANY model year vehicle going forward as well, I would think.

Can any one in-the-know, especially a dealer on here, confirm for me I need to have it switched back to a code 10-19, like I asked him to do today? Thanks.
code 10-98 is fine. dealers use 10-19 because who wants to take half an hour to explain to someone that a code 15 at one dealer doesn't beat a code 50 at another.

But you are right. code 99 means don't build. that's not a 21 bronco thing, or even a bronco thing, that's a Ford thing.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
99 is do not build. Dealer needs to change it to 10 - 19. Don't take no for an answer.

OP
OP
Rearview Mirror
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ok thanks for the confirmation. Sent my salesman an email asking them to change the code.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unlike most orders submitted in WBDO, the 2022 conversions that got copied from the 2021 have to have the priority code manually changed from 99 to whatever the dealer assigns(10-19). If they simply build your Bronco and hit submit, the system accepts the changes but leaves it as priority 99. This is different than how the 2021's got moved out of 99. They probably don't know any better if I had to guess.

Sponsored

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unlike most orders submitted in WBDO, the 2022 conversions that got copied from the 2021 have to have the priority code manually changed from 99 to whatever the dealer assigns(10-19). If they simply build your Bronco and hit submit, the system accepts the changes but leaves it as priority 99. This is different than how the 2021's got moved out of 99. They probably don't know any better if I had to guess.
Is this a change they can make after they submit it thw first time? Just curious what I should tell them to get the to change my priority code or how to do it.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As it was explained to me when I got my conversion set up, if you had a 2021 order your 2022 order was automatically populated but with a 99 code. That would stay until the dealer verified the order with the customer and entered any changes and got the OK from the customer. Then the code would be changed to a "build it" code.

OP
OP
Rearview Mirror
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it was explained to me when I got my conversion set up, if you had a 2021 order your 2022 order was automatically populated but with a 99 code. That would stay until the dealer verified the order with the customer and entered any changes and got the OK from the customer. Then the code would be changed to a "build it" code.
So does the build it code get updated automatically by Ford? Or does the dealer have to input it manually? My dealer is sticking by the claim this Priority Code 99 is normal when updating from a ‘21 to a ‘22 , and Ford is basically going to update the code themselves. I.E. not done at the local dealer level. I am an Aug 5 2020 res, so I have some time to burn to see how this plays out I guess. Plus a 2-dr , so definitely the build gods aren’t on my side.

OP
OP
Rearview Mirror
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This makes sense, thank you. My dealer is sticking by the idea they don’t have to change anything code wise. I can’t convince them, their heels are dug in. I guess time will tell in the near future when I go back and have them show me the Priority Code.
Sponsored