Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's the same transmission that's in Expedition my brother is having trouble with his 2021. It's been shifting very hard or something.
Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have 3.5 10speed in my 2017 f150 with 55k miles and absolutely love it...and now added 2.7 10 speed with the bronco with 1500 miles and so far knock on wood I absolutely love it.....ask me in another year!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it's the same transmission that's in Expedition my brother is having trouble with his 2021. It's been shifting very hard or something.
Reminder that saying something which is counter to the majority of posts prior to yours can get you banned.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s not. Expeditions have a 10R80. Although most 10 speeds, 60, 80 or 140 all have similar issues.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm still in the break in period, but mine seems to get better and better at shifting as I drive it. No complaints and getting around 19 MPG doing local driving (where I was getting 17 or so in my car) is a nice bonus.

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the 2.7 and I've been noticing when driving slower speeds (1-10mph) it will accelerate forward, I assume to save it from stalling, but then immediately start slowing down again. Don't really think it's a problem, as it usually also only does it when not entirely warmed up but I just thought it was kind of weird. I also drive it pretty hard most of the time so the computer assumes I'm going to be feeding it gasoline at all times.

Davebear13

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I also have a 2.7 and I have found an issue in 4 low - 2nd gear. Either shifting manually or regular automatic, the engine races shifting up or down into second (in 4 low). This causes the Bronco to lurch forward. I have learned to expect it but when you are in a tough part of the trail - it is an issue.

Dubya1991

Outer Banks
First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same! It started last Saturday. In normal mode, when decelerating and at right about 28 mph, it's like the automatic transmission skips a gear downshifting and causes the Bronco to lurch forward. I have an appointment at my local Ford dealer but they can't get me in until next Saturday. No warning lights so far, but it is very unsettling considering my Bronco (2022 Outer Banks) only has 3,000 miles on it!

jbryant

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m right under 10k miles on my Bronco with 2.7 and my transmission started slipping this morning. I’m hoping it’s something minor, but fingers crossed.

Sponsored

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t had any problems just wondering if other people are because there is a lot of talk and I have also had problems myself with the 10 speeds in the f150
13k and not a single issue.

Dubya1991

Outer Banks
First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m right under 10k miles on my Bronco with 2.7 and my transmission started slipping this morning. I’m hoping it’s something minor, but fingers crossed.
im going to attempt to reset/flash my transmission using FORscan software once my USB adapter arrives and will update if it works but appears to be a solution for most people with this issue who have this Ford transmission.

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have heard a lot about problems with the ten speed automatic transmission is f150 and superdutys, has anyone experienced and shifting problems or other issues with the ten speed automatic transmission in their Bronco?
I am very late to this post, but I am experiencing something strange with my 2023 black diamond 10 speed with 2.7 L engine. Went on the highway and accelerating the transmission correctly downshifts, but does so with a clunk which sounds like it’s coming from the rear end. Has anyone experienced this with their 10 speeds? It does this, when traveling at a relatively low speed and accelerating to a high speed, as when entering the highway from an on-ramp, but not as noticeably, while already on the highway, and accelerating to pass another vehicle.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is an "issues" section for those looking at recurring problems.

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been getting a clunk like its in neutral then connecting. It has happen many times lately. 25k on it and just now starting to give me some issues. I thought at first it was the crappy gas when I drove it to California. I run premium always in my Bucky. The gas in California was giving me crappy gas mileage, I went from 400 a tank to 290 a tank.
Sponsored