Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you asking us to talk you into a wrangler? Lol
To each his own, buy what you want and be proud of it :)
Sponsored

Deleted member 15966

I have a 2018 JL Rubicon. It’s my daily driver as well as an off-roader and road trip vehicle that I bought new in August 2018. It sat for more than a year while I was overseas and just hit 32,000 miles. It’s done really well and been a blast to drive. Did the steering stabilizer and the recent steering box TSB, not that it was bad, just hoping it could be better and because people will ask. Does well on fuel (22 average in mixed driving over the life) with the V6 which is also very spry. No issues so far. Night and day difference in the 18 JL that I bought and the 17 JK that I drove which led to a 17 4Runner TRD that I had for a year before the JL (that’s a story for another time)

95F37977-B541-4CB3-A0A6-D1E3765D4093.jpeg

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As already noted- steering. I test drove a 2019 Gladiator Rubicon- loved it but the steering was so loose and required so much correction to keep it going in a straight line. I read about aftermarket fixes although after paying 55K it better be perfect. Even my 97 TJ felt tight compared to the brand new Rubicon. No way would i consider any Wrangler or Gladiator after that test drive.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2021s have the new steering box, so that should take care of he steering concerns.

I have had eight wranglers over the years and like to have one in the garage as a third vehicle. Would not want to use one as a DD because of the solid axles, but that is just my preference. I assume the Bronco will be better on the highways because of the IS, which is why I am going to consider one when they hit the lots.
Sponsored