First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a story I heard today. in my home town Springfield Ohio, sunday or monday a buddy of mine there was out before the curfew started and drove downtown to check on things since there had been protests the day before. All he saw that day though was about 15 to 20 teenagers in the city center where the police and a military vehicle of some kind were sitting there. Just before he left the police who numbered more than the kids started pepper spraying them and they mostly ran away. WTF? Daytime, open area, not in the road. Pepper spraying high school kids.
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a story I heard today. in my home town Springfield Ohio, sunday or monday a buddy of mine there was out before the curfew started and drove downtown to check on things since there had been protests the day before. All he saw that day though was about 15 to 20 teenagers in the city center where the police and a military vehicle of some kind were sitting there. Just before he left the police who numbered more than the kids started pepper spraying them and they mostly ran away. WTF? Daytime, open area, not in the road. Pepper spraying high school kids.
That does sound excessive. Though sounds like we don't know the whole story.

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to chime in on the protests. I've had 2 friends murdered on this job in my time. I am a proud high ranking supervisor and about 100 CPD squad cars were damaged/burned. Police hit with bricks and bottles. Sickening. Downtown Chicago was destroyed. Search videos that the mainstream media wont show. Yes protestors are fine-those that RIOT are not. I have 25 years on and nothing has been this bad. Like someone previously mentioned a few protestors helped the police, but many cheered on the looters and fueled the rioting.The looting has spread to the neighborhoods as well. In St.Louis , 4 policeman were shot. We had approx 25 murders and 90 some odd shootings in Chicago these past few days, much of it related to the "rioting". Full disclosure: every cop i know feels that the cop in Minnesota f'up-no question, no excuses.

On topic, I hope the reveal is soon. Be safe.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to chime in on the protests. I've had 2 friends murdered on this job in my time. I am a proud high ranking supervisor and about 100 CPD squad cars were damaged/burned. Police hit with bricks and bottles. Sickening. Downtown Chicago was destroyed. Search videos that the mainstream media wont show. Yes protestors are fine-those that RIOT are not. I have 25 years on and nothing has been this bad. Like someone previously mentioned a few protestors helped the police, but many cheered on the looters and fueled the rioting.The looting has spread to the neighborhoods as well. In St.Louis , 4 policeman were shot. We had approx 25 murders and 90 some odd shootings in Chicago these past few days, much of it related to the "rioting". Full disclosure: every cop i know feels that the cop in Minnesota f'up-no question, no excuses.

Yeah, if you want to protest something, go for it. It's your right to do that. What the cop did was obviously wrong, and there will be consequences for that. But there's absolutely no need for all this absurd looting and destroying things. That helps nobody/nothing, and if anything, IMO, it makes people less likely to agree with your cause.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah def want wanna see any cops get hurt either. It’s a shame man. Be safe

Sponsored

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Back in the 90s Sublime had a riot song about the riots then and what the mentality was about the opportunisticly violent elements of the riots. Once the sensless violence, looting, and fires start, it becomes about a different type of anger rooted in jealousy. Going out and taking whatever you want because the doors that are always closed, are suddenly open or they look like they are atleast. Its messed up because the problems causing this unrest are so deep in our culture that it will take many generations to get near equality and humanity naturally fights change at every turn. Unfortunately by the time we right every new wrong we will create another completely different one. Tragedies of the human condition.

As bad as this looks it has been far worse in the past here and in other places. Innocent always suffer. The best we can do is do what we do on here. Have disagreements and differences but all respect each others passion for the same thing. We all love broncos, and humans all love living, having a basic non pained existence, and the ability to dream.
Exactly, hatred is taught, but with that aspect it's also understanding that you can never completely get rid of hate without get ridding of freedom, but one can teach love and respect of others and with time a lot of time it may and hopefully will go away, hell it's. Come a long way sense the civil war and MLK

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That does sound excessive. Though sounds like we don't know the whole story.
Yeah he didnt know the whole story but it is hard to imagine how bad those kids could have been before he got there. In a large town/small city that hadnt yet seen even medium sized protests yet.

But yeah dont want anybody to get hurt. Its just sad that alot of the harshest police action ive seen was around more of the peaceful groups. But it is hard to see every angle.

Deleted member 3063

Sounds like you're in the 99% and I respect your service.
What I would like to see though is the 99% policing the 1% so it doesn't spill over into the streets.
Sponsored