Sponsored

Pull the trigger for SAS size Falken WildPeak A/T3W?

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all

I have a 23 badlands SAS that i do a ton of highway driving and if i see sand/offroad rarely and looking for better on road ride quality.

from what i can see the Falken WildPeak A/T3W s looks like the best overall choice of ride quality (with a C rating) and still having M/S off road should you need it. but ride quality on pavement currently is killing my spine with just feeling the road (forget bumps for now)

before pulling the trigger has anyone had these and not seen a better ride quality or suggest a different tire in a SAS size?

much appreciated for the help
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have these on an F150, and my wife just put them on a Bronco Sport. It's between these or MT Baja Bosses when I need to redo the 35's on my Bronco.

No complaints on ride quality or road noise. It's a good tire. Also 3PMSF if you need it for snow.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The WildPeak A/T3W has had many good reviews. I will be moving from BFG to the WildPeak R/T01 in 35x11.5.

I suggest you keep experimenting with seat adjustments. It took me a long time to get mine adjusted to support my spine comfortably. The base is now more forward and the back is more reclined than where I started.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The only ding I've heard from most folks - the Falken does weigh more. In a 33" it clocks in around 70lbs for just the tire. Although almost everything weighs more than the factory Goodyears.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You might back off on the psi if you haven't already. Dropping 2-4psi from recommended can make a big difference in ride smoothness. Also, you might consider an upgrade to a bigger shock body.
Yeah, this is my question, I dropped the PSI already to basically 31 and that definitely helped, I was thinking of upgrading this suspension, but I seem to be reading that changing the tire would affect the feel of the road transmission more than the shocks?
But I fully admit, I have no idea, and I would yield to the collective wisdom of the group

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, this is my question, I dropped the PSI already to basically 31 and that definitely helped, I was thinking of upgrading this suspension, but I seem to be reading that changing the tire would affect the feel of the road transmission more than the shocks?
But I fully admit, I have no idea, and I would yield to the collective wisdom of the group
Not an expert by any means. I would expect lowering the psi would help the most with ride smoothness if you're feeling sharpness in the ride quality. From my experience with my BL Sas 2dr, the stock Bilsteins seem a bit sharp as well (jagged) when I go over rubble, and I do feel rebound with the lightweight stock GYs. A bigger shock body would help dampen, although with jouncing, it may not help as much.

Personally, I would avoid anything but a C rated tire that's got decent tread coverage. Big gaps in the tread mean more jounce, so Trail Grapplers or Super Swampers aren't in your future.

Basically, try to limit anything that transfers those small shock loads into the frame. You might also look for tires with less sidewall stiffness, I would assume that also transfers up.

But as somebody else mentioned, look more into the saddle fit. You might need better adjustment in the seat. Consider you may be dealing with the effect more than the cause, if you're sensitive due to misalignment in your riding posture.

JakeMangan

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When it comes to suspension upgrades, I have seen a lot of positive reviews on the Bilstein 5100 shocks. A very budget friendly upgrade that will definitely soften up the ride on and off road.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all

I have a 23 badlands SAS that i do a ton of highway driving and if i see sand/offroad rarely and looking for better on road ride quality.

from what i can see the Falken WildPeak A/T3W s looks like the best overall choice of ride quality (with a C rating) and still having M/S off road should you need it. but ride quality on pavement currently is killing my spine with just feeling the road (forget bumps for now)

before pulling the trigger has anyone had these and not seen a better ride quality or suggest a different tire in a SAS size?

much appreciated for the help
I also have been researching the best all around Tire for the NE to eventually replace my Goodyears. For both road, AT, sand, & winter. The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W looks to be a top choice. My other consideration is a Cooper AT4 4S. Both solid in the snow.

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only ding I've heard from most folks - the Falken does weigh more. In a 33" it clocks in around 70lbs for just the tire. Although almost everything weighs more than the factory Goodyears.
my only concern with the weight is if the rear door can handle the extra lbs over time? would hate to cause an issue with how often i go in the back but im sure they engineer a buffer tolarance

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When it comes to suspension upgrades, I have seen a lot of positive reviews on the Bilstein 5100 shocks. A very budget friendly upgrade that will definitely soften up the ride on and off road.
i was thinking about that but it looks like after reading the 5100 help people who dont have the SAS package but if you have it, it only helps over bumps at speed?

i have been told that if one changes the suspension for on road comfort it would have to be for a different style shock like a fox ? but this is beyond my knowledge base

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have been researching the best all around Tire for the NE to eventually replace my Goodyears. For both road, AT, sand, & winter. The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W looks to be a top choice. My other consideration is a Cooper AT4 4S. Both solid in the snow.
yes i was considering the cooper but it looks like they dont make it in a SAS size? only standard tire

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my only concern with the weight is if the rear door can handle the extra lbs over time? would hate to cause an issue with how often i go in the back but im sure they engineer a buffer tolarance
Rear door is rated to hold up to like 130lbs. That said, there is a reason the spare tire carrier reinforcements are a popular upgrade.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just looked it up for a 315/70/17 69.2 lbs that’s basically a 35x12.50

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest, I have Falken AT3 on my wife's truck for a reason cough "Iowa" cough. My Delium Tires have been pretty awesome in the bad weather. I mean I drove 2wd through the last blizzard not by choice. I would go price a set of eBay with install from simple tire.

These
https://terraraidertires.com/ku-257/
Sponsored